Closed Thread
Page 209 of 209 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209
Results 6,241 to 6,267 of 6267
    AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CWGame View Post
    No just think of it as cardio.
    Thanks! If i did cardio after lifting am i going to be "Burning" into muscle? Should i be getting a protein shake down me before doing cardio or just lift some weights , play squash and go home for protein shake and bit of food?

Appreciate your help

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AdventureRocks View Post
    Thanks! If i did cardio after lifting am i going to be "Burning" into muscle? Should i be getting a protein shake down me before doing cardio or just lift some weights , play squash and go home for protein shake and bit of food?

Appreciate your help
    Just make sure at the end of the day you are in a caloric surplus so you are gaining 1-2lbs every 2 weeks.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

FEELTHEBULGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) FEELTHEBULGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) FEELTHEBULGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) FEELTHEBULGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) FEELTHEBULGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) FEELTHEBULGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) FEELTHEBULGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) FEELTHEBULGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) FEELTHEBULGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) FEELTHEBULGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) FEELTHEBULGE is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile New at.... EVERYTHING. What do you recommend?

So yeah I'm pretty damn new to the whole weight lifting thing. But I plan to start very soon. I'm 14 years old, 5'10 and weigh anywhere between 138 and 145 pounds I love to climb, so naturally i have decent biceps, but everything else is... meh.

Here's a picture to give you an idea of my muscular structure... which i'm pretty sure that i'm a mesomorph?
    Based on the picture, what exercises, machines and tips do you got for me on the whole weightlifting thing; I want to get big, but i don't want to get like veins poking out big. I kinda want to look "built" if that makes some sense; More muscle than fat but still some fat to add definition... a fighters physique.
    Im supposed to be joining a gym soon, but till then its just squats, push ups, situps and pull ups for me!
    Welp, thanks for the help if ya can!
    Attached Images

mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So i have been wasting ~5months doing brosplits and other bad programs. Did i waste my novice times? e.g if i were to hop on a novice program, i can have 12 months of gains (hypothetically). But now that i wasted 5months , would i only have 7months to make gains on a novice program?

Also If i cant do DL's or squats due to injury, while doing novice programs for my upper body. Will i still be able to make novice gains on my lower body after working my upper body for a while?when i recover, would i be able to make the same gains if i were to do it with my upper?

Thanks in advance for your response.

BryanSBB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been doing Starting Strength for 3 months now. I've had great results in 1-2 months. I've been lifting for 4 months now. And since the 3rd months of SS if haven't been progressing in strength. There is a video by Alan Thrall on youtube that talked about you need to build muscle in order to get stronger. Because 3x5 and 5x5 will stop working overtime. What should I do now? Start doing hyperthrophy training? I train about 3-4 times a week. Should i do a Upper/Lower Split? A Back/Bicep Chest/Tri......etc split? Or still do full body training? Im also Skinny Fat, around 23% BF, at 170 lbs. 6´1

My Bench: 95lbs x 5
    Squat: 135 x 5
    Deadlift: 165 x 5
    Overhead Press: 55lbs x 5

I know...... I really weak. Any help, please?

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by FEELTHEBULGE View Post
    So yeah I'm pretty damn new to the whole weight lifting thing. But I plan to start very soon. I'm 14 years old, 5'10 and weigh anywhere between 138 and 145 pounds I love to climb, so naturally i have decent biceps, but everything else is... meh.

Here's a picture to give you an idea of my muscular structure... which i'm pretty sure that i'm a mesomorph?
    Based on the picture, what exercises, machines and tips do you got for me on the whole weightlifting thing; I want to get big, but i don't want to get like veins poking out big. I kinda want to look "built" if that makes some sense; More muscle than fat but still some fat to add definition... a fighters physique.
    Im supposed to be joining a gym soon, but till then its just squats, push ups, situps and pull ups for me!
    Welp, thanks for the help if ya can!
    Get on a beginner routine

Eat in a caloric surplus and make sure you are consistently gaining weight 1-2lbs every 2 weeks (if you want to learn to count calories go to the nutrition section they have a good sticky post on it there)

Get your form near perfect, record yourself, watch videos, read about the lifts

Stay consistent

If you follow these rules you will get very far in due time.

Originally Posted by mKernie View Post
    So i have been wasting ~5months doing brosplits and other bad programs. Did i waste my novice times? e.g if i were to hop on a novice program, i can have 12 months of gains (hypothetically). But now that i wasted 5months , would i only have 7months to make gains on a novice program?

Also If i cant do DL's or squats due to injury, while doing novice programs for my upper body. Will i still be able to make novice gains on my lower body after working my upper body for a while?when i recover, would i be able to make the same gains if i were to do it with my upper?

Thanks in advance for your response.
    Yes you wasted time but all the novice gains will still be there if you didn't make much progress. Also try and find lifts that hit lower body and back that you can do without agrivating your injury. When you can squat and deadlift again you will still have novice gains even if your upper body is at a more advanced level.

Originally Posted by BryanSBB View Post
    I've been doing Starting Strength for 3 months now. I've had great results in 1-2 months. I've been lifting for 4 months now. And since the 3rd months of SS if haven't been progressing in strength. There is a video by Alan Thrall on youtube that talked about you need to build muscle in order to get stronger. Because 3x5 and 5x5 will stop working overtime. What should I do now? Start doing hyperthrophy training? I train about 3-4 times a week. Should i do a Upper/Lower Split? A Back/Bicep Chest/Tri......etc split? Or still do full body training? Im also Skinny Fat, around 23% BF, at 170 lbs. 6´1

My Bench: 95lbs x 5
    Squat: 135 x 5
    Deadlift: 165 x 5
    Overhead Press: 55lbs x 5

I know...... I really weak. Any help, please?
    Progress definitely shouldn't stop at those numbers, you need to make sure you are consistently gaining weight. 1-2lbs every 2 weeks. Nutrition is half the battle.

auntjemima123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi there.

I am currently 18 and have never lifted weights before. I figure better late than never to start, but I don't know if going to a gym is going to be an option for me. What i am wondering is if I have a set of dumb bells from 5 to i think 60 pounds, could I use only those to get to a better size? I am not looking to get big quickly or anything. I just want to be stronger and bigger than what i am now having never lifted before.

So to sort of summarize, I am just wondering if using solely a set of dumb bells, can I expect to get good results in terms of becoming a lot stronger and bigger? I don't mean i have to be huge, just not incredibly skinny if you feel me. I am willing to put in the time and effort...I am not really in a rush. Thanks for your help!

mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mKernie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CWGame View Post
    Yes you wasted time but all the novice gains will still be there if you didn't make much progress. Also try and find lifts that hit lower body and back that you can do without agrivating your injury. When you can squat and deadlift again you will still have novice gains even if your upper body is at a more advanced level.
    Thank you so much

Originally Posted by auntjemima123 View Post
    Hi there.

I am currently 18 and have never lifted weights before. I figure better late than never to start, but I don't know if going to a gym is going to be an option for me. What i am wondering is if I have a set of dumb bells from 5 to i think 60 pounds, could I use only those to get to a better size? I am not looking to get big quickly or anything. I just want to be stronger and bigger than what i am now having never lifted before.

So to sort of summarize, I am just wondering if using solely a set of dumb bells, can I expect to get good results in terms of becoming a lot stronger and bigger? I don't mean i have to be huge, just not incredibly skinny if you feel me. I am willing to put in the time and effort...I am not really in a rush. Thanks for your help!
    Yes but eventually you will have to get heavier dumbbells. Look up a dumbbell routine on google for hypertrophy and strength.

Originally Posted by mKernie View Post
    Thank you so much
    No problem.

Zackziggyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, quick question because all of the info I can ever find on this is for people who have tendinitis or muscle pain. How do compression sleeves improve cardiovascular function? Is there any merit in getting them if I am uninjured? I can get a pair of arm sleeves from my friend for a few bucks because he manages an adidias store. What should I expect to gain from wearing compression arm sleeves during workouts, or should I perhaps capitalize on wearing them pre/post workout?

Originally Posted by Zackziggyboy View Post
    Hey guys, quick question because all of the info I can ever find on this is for people who have tendinitis or muscle pain. How do compression sleeves improve cardiovascular function? Is there any merit in getting them if I am uninjured? I can get a pair of arm sleeves from my friend for a few bucks because he manages an adidias store. What should I expect to gain from wearing compression arm sleeves during workouts, or should I perhaps capitalize on wearing them pre/post workout?
    I have no idea only reason I would use them is for an injury or injury prevention. Didn't know people used them for other stuff.

EthanGraham is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=auntjemima123;1478697681]

It really depends on how exactly you're exercising. Being a beginner and working out at home means you're more likely to struggle with consistency and staying on your exercise program (which is a common problem for working out at home).

I would suggest doing some personal trainer sessions at the gym so that you can learn proper form and technique. It is more important than you think. If I could go back to when I was a beginner, I would definitely get personal training sessions. Good Luck Bro!
    FREE REPORT: 9 Hacks To Burn Fat Fast

https://fatburnonline.com/optin

Minkster123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just starting out what do people recommend as the best beginner workout program in their opinion?

Originally Posted by Minkster123 View Post
    Just starting out what do people recommend as the best beginner workout program in their opinion?
    This is a variation of my favorite beginner program.

NVGC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If I eat 8 eggs a day (4 in the morning and 4 in the evening), would that be enough protein for me? I'm currently on SL 5x5. In the morning I eat 1 serving of Quaker Oats (with 1 tbsp. of peanut butter, 1 tbsp. condensed milk, and 1 tbsp. of chocolate syrup) and 4 scrambled eggs. In the afternoon I eat 1 and 1/2 cups of rice and a viand of choice. In the evening I only eat 4 scrambled eggs. I snack in between meals, usually a biscuit of choice, just to curb hunger until the next meal. I usually sleep at 9:30 pm and wake up at 5:30 am. I workout after class hours, usually around 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm. I'm 5'7" at 185 lbs. Waist is 33-34 inches.

Will I make progress? If not, what would you guys tell me to do to be able to? I just want to look lean and be lean. I'm not aiming to look like a gas tank.. more like the "aesthetic build"

dainen34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need Help

When bodybuilding sends you the supplements, is there any writing or logos on the boxes that are sent to your house?

Originally Posted by NVGC View Post
    If I eat 8 eggs a day (4 in the morning and 4 in the evening), would that be enough protein for me? I'm currently on SL 5x5. In the morning I eat 1 serving of Quaker Oats (with 1 tbsp. of peanut butter, 1 tbsp. condensed milk, and 1 tbsp. of chocolate syrup) and 4 scrambled eggs. In the afternoon I eat 1 and 1/2 cups of rice and a viand of choice. In the evening I only eat 4 scrambled eggs. I snack in between meals, usually a biscuit of choice, just to curb hunger until the next meal. I usually sleep at 9:30 pm and wake up at 5:30 am. I workout after class hours, usually around 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm. I'm 5'7" at 185 lbs. Waist is 33-34 inches.

Will I make progress? If not, what would you guys tell me to do to be able to? I just want to look lean and be lean. I'm not aiming to look like a gas tank.. more like the "aesthetic build"
    We'll figure out if you are going to cut or bulk first. The learn to count calories and figure out how much protein you need after that.

Originally Posted by dainen34 View Post
    When bodybuilding sends you the supplements, is there any writing or logos on the boxes that are sent to your house?
    Yeah their logo should be on the box. Also their information on the sender form.

PecDaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AdventureRocks View Post
    Hello,

I play a lot of squash if i did an hour of squash before lifting or the other way around is this going to result in an issue for muscle gains?
    "Cardio kills gains" is only true in certain instances. Cardio tends to help develop lean muscle, while resistance training builds the more bulky muscles. That being said, moderate amounts of cardio actually helps boost muscle growth. If you are asking about the order (whether to do cardio before or after), it doesn't matter, just make sure you have enough energy left to lift.

Placement Post

pxlarity is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Will gymnastics rings let me build muscle as a 15 y/o mainly ectomorph?
    "challenge gravity"

Originally Posted by pxlarity View Post
    Will gymnastics rings let me build muscle as a 15 y/o mainly ectomorph?
    Yes, but along with the exercise you will also need to eat in a caloric surplus.

Closed Thread