Closed Thread
Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by N4J4R View Post
    My bro should be coming out to the comp; hopefully he can get some footage. Looking like this will be the go:

1st attempt - 185
    2nd attempt - 205
    3rd attempt - 210-230+

Currently about 80kg morning weight.

Things are o.k. at this stage. Pretty flat out and I'm about to head outdoors since the weather is pretty nice to work on the e-book. I've not been too active online as far as checking my PMs lol. I have a stack built up on FB and on the GSF. I'll fill you in later tonight, dude
    Was like wuuut, then I remembered that you are in aussie land lol.

Looking forward to reading it, man.
    This post is Natypes approved.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500)
    If my goal is Hypertrophy, should i run SS/BLSS or PHAT?

N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RollTideNation View Post
    Was like wuuut, then I remembered that you are in aussie land lol.

Looking forward to reading it, man.
    lulz...

Laptop cable is missing. Looks like N4 is writing this e-book on the desktop and indoors today

Originally Posted by NaturalDOTrus View Post
    How new are you to lifting? What are your current lifts? You can gain size on SS/BLSS provided diet, training and rest are all in check over an extended period of time. PHAT isn't really a program so much as it is a template. I'd pick an Upper/Lower or an Push/Pull/Legs over PHAT. SS/BLSS will also allow you to build strength pretty fast (especially if you're somewhat new to lifting). Solid strength gains PLUS size gains = epic win in my books.
    <<:::>> Founder, CMO, Researcher, & Writer at Spartan Supps. <<:::>>

www.********.com/spartansupps

http://spartansupplements.wordpress.com/

NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500) NaturalDOTrus is not very helpful. (-500)
    lulz...

How new are you to lifting? What are your current lifts? You can gain size on SS/BLSS provided diet, training and rest are all in check over an extended period of time. PHAT isn't really a program so much as it is a template. I'd pick an Upper/Lower or an Push/Pull/Legs over PHAT.
    I was working out not serious doind crap workout and diet sucked like a year, now im on strict diet and i my gains really show up. I heard that PHAT is really great routine was not sure what to start.. lifts not great but they are going up every week so im happy about dat.

N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was working out not serious doind crap workout like a year, now im on strict diet and i my gains really show up. I heard that PHAT is really great routine was not sure what to start.. lifts not great but they are going up every week so im happy about dat.
    Progressive overload is key. PHAT is fun, but IMO, you should focus more on higher frequency rather than higher volume. For new and most intermediate natty lifters, Frequency > Volume. BLSS with some well placed accessory work would be a great program. It'll really help you to get your lifts up nice and fast and you can definitely build a pretty decent physique, IMO. As a bare minimum and staple piece of accessory work, make sure you do SOMETHING for your rear delts. Do not neglect them. Rear delt lateral raises or STRICT facepulls are both good options.

Progressive overload is key. PHAT is fun, but IMO, you should focus more on higher frequency rather than higher volume. For new and most intermediate natty lifters, Frequency > Volume. BLSS with some well placed accessory work would be a great program. It'll really help you to get your lifts up nice and fast and you can definitely build a pretty decent physique, IMO. As a bare minimum and staple piece of accessory work, make sure you do SOMETHING for your rear delts. Do not neglect them. Rear delt lateral raises or STRICT facepulls are both good options.
    Yeah i'm always put 2.5 on each side after hitting 3x5 on compound lifts. Im current 176 for 5'10 , current lifts Bench 170 , Squat 210, and deadlift 305, they are not max, i hit on them 5 reps. So BLSS would work best for me? and after say like 4-5 months i can switch to ppl or upper/lower?

Yeah i'm always put 2.5 on each side after hitting 3x5 on compound lifts. Im current 176 for 5'10 , current lifts Bench 170 , Squat 210, and deadlift 305, they are not max, i hit on them 5 reps. So BLSS would work best for me? and after say like 4-5 months i can switch to ppl or upper/lower?
    At those lifts I would definitely say hop on BLSS. Milk it for all it's worth; don't set a time limit, IMO. But at the very least, stay on for 12 weeks. That's what I'd suggest doing. Make sure your diet and rest are also kept in check. This is essential.

At those lifts I would definitely say hop on BLSS. Milk it for all it's worth; don't set a time limit, IMO. But at the very least, stay on for 12 weeks. That's what I'd suggest doing. Make sure your diet and rest are also kept in check. This is essential.
    yeah kinda embarrassed with those lifts but everyone start some where thank you. don't have many reps but repped anyway

DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lifts ?

Originally Posted by DerekEt View Post
    Lifts ?
    His lifts were:

Bench 170 , Squat 210, and deadlift 305 at 176lbs BW 5'10".

Needs more strength, IMO. He should be good with BLSS with added accessory work.

Rebound23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know that trying to stay lean and get big is really ineffective so I was just wonder what I could do instead? The problem is that my basketball season has started and I shouldn't be putting on a lot of excess weight or else it will affect my game and all. Do you guys have any ideas of what I could do to?

Originally Posted by Rebound23 View Post
    I know that trying to stay lean and get big is really ineffective so I was just wonder what I could do instead? The problem is that my basketball season has started and I shouldn't be putting on a lot of excess weight or else it will affect my game and all. Do you guys have any ideas of what I could do to?
    You could actually get a little bigger whilst attempting to remain lean year round. If you're already somewhat lean (10-12% bf), you can bulk at 1 pound per week for 6-8 weeks and then cut at 1 pound per week for 2 weeks; rinse and repeat. Alternatively, you can simply use a strength program and eat at around maintenance levels if you really don't want to get much bigger. This will allow you to build strength whilst not getting much 'heavier' due to the absence of a caloric surplus. Gaining strength will not be nearly as aggressive compared to if you were bulking, but it is definitely possible, especially if you work hard. My 2 cents.

Rebound23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could actually get a little bigger whilst attempting to remain lean year round. If you're already somewhat lean (10-12% bf), you can bulk at 1 pound per week for 6-8 weeks and then cut at 1 pound per week for 2 weeks; rinse and repeat. Alternatively, you can simply use a strength program and eat at around maintenance levels if you really don't want to get much bigger. This will allow you to build strength whilst not getting much 'heavier' due to the absence of a caloric surplus. Gaining strength will not be nearly as aggressive compared to if you were bulking, but it is definitely possible, especially if you work hard. My 2 cents.
    Thanks! I'll try bulking for 6w then cut for 2 and see how it goes.

rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you're new to lifting, get on babylovers modified SS with some well placed accessory work added in. This program will allow you to build a solid strength foundation fast. You can also put on lean tissue provided diet, training and rest are all in check over an extended period of time. In order to bulk and gain weight, a caloric surplus is needed. A surplus of around 200-400 calories should suffice. Aim to gain about 0.5 -1 pound per week, IMO.

Refer to this thread to calculate your daily macronutrient and caloric needs, bro:
    Hope this helps, mate!
    Hey! Thanks for your reply man, really helped. I will get on this routine, but what exactly is "accessory work"? What is your rough estimate, how long do you think it will take for me to build this strength foundation? And seeing as how I am in first year uni now, I don't have much time to sleep, do you think 6 hours a day will suffice? And that's a lot of extra calories, do you think I will get fat from it? And what do you think is the "peak weight" I should stop gaining weight at?

Originally Posted by rebeckyt View Post
    The best place to start is by going to the nutrition forum and reading the sticky on calculating your calorie and macro needs (I'd like it but on my phone). As an ecto, the most important factor for you will be making sure you eat enough to allow your body to have the extra energy required to put on muscle. Your body needs to be in a calorie surplus in order to grow.

Next, go to the workout forum and read about beginner programs. You can always creat your own as well if you don't like anything you find or wait until you become more familiar with the exercises. Consistency is the key with any program and diet plan. You have to keep at it, if you fall off the wagon jump right back on. Ectos grow a little slower but most people will envy your definition in the long run because you won't be battling the layer of fat covering the abs like many people have to.

After you have read the above, if you have any other questions feel free to PM me and I can help you with creating your diet/exercise plan. You just have to do the groundwork first. Good luck!
    Thanks for your reply, really helped in terms of pointing me in the right direction! What do you think the frequency is for me to be going to the gym, as I've stated before this year has gotten super busy so I would like to know how much of a commitment I need, roughly, for this? Also, as you've stated, since I would need a "calorie surplus", would this newly gained weight directly turn to muscle? Or would it turn to fat first, i.e. will I have to get fat before I build muscle? And as you've said, ectos grow slower, so how long approximately do you think it will take for me to see a good improvement? I was hoping to be in good shape by the summer atleast? Any beginner programs you'd recommend, personally? Or any one that has worked for you? Thanks!

moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    1. Ive only been bulking for 2 months, i've actually had great gains (i did calisthenics on/off before so my back n arms were OK already at the beginning, the problem is that even tho i look well semi big cuz im 5'6 im weak asf i can bench 100 for 5 n 120 for 1..oh n myprofile pic isnt me. So i switched up to Monday as hypertrophy for chest n tris and friday as strength.
    Ive had trength gains and i was thinking if this would work for faster strength N size
    id switch monday to strength AND hypertrophy as
    100 lbs 3x5
    90 lbs 3x8?
    2. At 2200 cals per day i lose weight and on 2400 ive gained 3-4 lbs per week so i assume its mostly fat, what should i do since such a little change makes such a difference!

Originally Posted by rzrshrp View Post
    Hey! Thanks for your reply man, really helped. I will get on this routine, but what exactly is "accessory work"? What is your rough estimate, how long do you think it will take for me to build this strength foundation? And seeing as how I am in first year uni now, I don't have much time to sleep, do you think 6 hours a day will suffice? And that's a lot of extra calories, do you think I will get fat from it? And what do you think is the "peak weight" I should stop gaining weight at?

Thanks for your reply, really helped in terms of pointing me in the right direction! What do you think the frequency is for me to be going to the gym, as I've stated before this year has gotten super busy so I would like to know how much of a commitment I need, roughly, for this? Also, as you've stated, since I would need a "calorie surplus", would this newly gained weight directly turn to muscle? Or would it turn to fat first, i.e. will I have to get fat before I build muscle? And as you've said, ectos grow slower, so how long approximately do you think it will take for me to see a good improvement? I was hoping to be in good shape by the summer atleast? Any beginner programs you'd recommend, personally? Or any one that has worked for you? Thanks!
    Accessory work would include things like rear delt lateral raises, BB curls, weighted bench dips etc.
    Impossible to give you an exact estimate or time frame on how long it'd take to build up your strength base, however, if you work hard, eat well and get your rest, you should be able to make some really good progress within a 2-3 month time span, IMO. 8 hours sleep is the general ballpark, but IMO, 6 will probably be fine. Duration of sleep isn't as important as quality of sleep. Deep sleep is what you want (essentially). When you bulk, you will gain some fat as well as lean tissue. In order to minimize fat gains, consume calories at a slightly smaller surplus i.e. 200-400 above maintenance needs. When you stop bulking is completely up to you, mate. I generally suggest stopping a bulk once you hit about 15% bodyfat as fat gains are supposed to accelerate past this point. The longer you bulk, the more fat you'll gain. This means you'll need to cut longer which increases the chance of losing more lean tissue and strength during your cut, IMO. Again, it's up to you how long you choose to bulk for.

Aim to hit bodyparts upwards of 2x per week i.e. benching 2x per week is better than once. BLSS will allow you to squat (for example) a minimum of 3 times per week. For new and most intermediate natty lifters, frequency > volume. This program recommends that you do a minimum of 3 sessions per week, though you can do more as you see fit. The whole 'ecto, endo' thing is nothing to worry about, IMO. If you consume calories at a surplus over an extended period of time, you will gain weight. Simple. Again, it is impossible to give you a time frame on when to expect improvements to be visible. Take a few progress pictures (monthly and under the same conditions) and record weight change fluctuations (once per week under the same conditions) to help you keep track of progress. Also, track your workouts to ensure you're making consistent linear progress. Babylover's Modified SS (BLSS) is a fantastic beginner program.

Originally Posted by moimoi123 View Post
    1. Ive only been bulking for 2 months, i've actually had great gains (i did calisthenics on/off before so my back n arms were OK already at the beginning, the problem is that even tho i look well semi big cuz im 5'6 im weak asf i can bench 100 for 5 n 120 for 1..oh n myprofile pic isnt me. So i switched up to Monday as hypertrophy for chest n tris and friday as strength.
    Ive had trength gains and i was thinking if this would work for faster strength N size
    id switch monday to strength AND hypertrophy as
    100 lbs 3x5
    90 lbs 3x8?
    2. At 2200 cals per day i lose weight and on 2400 ive gained 3-4 lbs per week so i assume its mostly fat, what should i do since such a little change makes such a difference!
    If you're looking to gain strength and size, then get on a proven strength program. At your current lifts, I'd recommend babylovers modified SS. You can also gain size provided diet, training and rest are all in check over an extended period of time.
    I doubt that those 3-4 lbs would be ALL fat or ALL lean tissue. Some of that would have to be water weight. I highly recommend that you use the following thread to calculate your daily macronutrient and caloric needs, dude: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10) rzrshrp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Accessory work would include things like rear delt lateral raises, BB curls, weighted bench dips etc.
    Impossible to give you an exact estimate or time frame on how long it'd take to build up your strength base, however, if you work hard, eat well and get your rest, you should be able to make some really good progress within a 2-3 month time span, IMO. 8 hours sleep is the general ballpark, but IMO, 6 will probably be fine. Duration of sleep isn't as important as quality of sleep. Deep sleep is what you want (essentially). When you bulk, you will gain some fat as well as lean tissue. In order to minimize fat gains, consume calories at a slightly smaller surplus i.e. 200-400 above maintenance needs. When you stop bulking is completely up to you, mate. I generally suggest stopping a bulk once you hit about 15% bodyfat as fat gains are supposed to accelerate past this point. The longer you bulk, the more fat you'll gain. This means you'll need to cut longer which increases the chance of losing more lean tissue and strength during your cut, IMO. Again, it's up to you how long you choose to bulk for.

Aim to hit bodyparts upwards of 2x per week i.e. benching 2x per week is better than once. BLSS will allow you to squat (for example) a minimum of 3 times per week. For new and most intermediate natty lifters, frequency > volume. This program recommends that you do a minimum of 3 sessions per week, though you can do more as you see fit. The whole 'ecto, endo' thing is nothing to worry about, IMO. If you consume calories at a surplus over an extended period of time, you will gain weight. Simple. Again, it is impossible to give you a time frame on when to expect improvements to be visible. Take a few progress pictures (monthly and under the same conditions) and record weight change fluctuations (once per week under the same conditions) to help you keep track of progress. Also, track your workouts to ensure you're making consistent linear progress. Babylover's Modified SS (BLSS) is a fantastic beginner program.[/url]
    Thanks and yeah, I'll make a workout log and take photos, etc. Makes sense, but how do I know I am at 15% body fat?

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rzrshrp View Post
    Thanks and yeah, I'll make a workout log and take photos, etc. Makes sense, but how do I know I am at 15% body fat?
    You need to have it tested or you can use comparison photos. Testing will be more accurate.

Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You need to have it tested or you can use comparison photos. Testing will be more accurate.

Lol, is that actually accurate? I thought I was 14%, but I have nowhere near as much blob as that guy at 14%, this would put me more around 11.5-12% O_o

moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000) moimoi123 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    If i gained 10-11 lbs in 1,7 months and had good muscle gains n some fat too, im.5'6 what do u think is the MAX amount of fat gone to my arms/ how much my arms will get smaller when cuttin

1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If i gained 10-11 lbs in 1,7 months and had good muscle gains n some fat too, im.5'6 what do u think is the MAX amount of fat gone to my arms/ how much my arms will get smaller when cuttin
    1.7 months or 1-7?

SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you used a pair of body calipers to test your arm fat in the beginning, measure again and see how much it has increased. Its probably not a huge difference in terms of fat unless you are genetically predisposed to storing fat on your arms (which not many people are). If you want to keep the most muscle while cutting, set your calorie deficit around -300 calories and make your cut a bit longer, this way you will lose the least muscle opposed to going at a deficit like -700.

Originally Posted by 1ntensityrules View Post
    1.7 months or 1-7?

1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1ntensityrules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you gained that much weight (10-11lbs) in a month, about 4lb are fat in my estimation. Depending on how clean you ate and if you did cardio. Have you gained more fat in you midsection? Really you can estimate this yourself in a mirror .

And for how much you will lose in a cut, that depends on how slowly and smartly you cut. Where you from? Because i know in Europe they use a "," instead of a "."

eggn0g is on a distinguished road. (+10) eggn0g is on a distinguished road. (+10) eggn0g is on a distinguished road. (+10) eggn0g is on a distinguished road. (+10) eggn0g is on a distinguished road. (+10) eggn0g is on a distinguished road. (+10) eggn0g is on a distinguished road. (+10) eggn0g is on a distinguished road. (+10) eggn0g is on a distinguished road. (+10) eggn0g is on a distinguished road. (+10) eggn0g is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you gained that much weight (10-11lbs) in a month, about 4lb are fat in my estimation. Depending on how clean you ate and if you did cardio. Have you gained more fat in you midsection? Really you can estimate this yourself in a mirror .

And for how much you will lose in a cut, that depends on how slowly and smartly you cut. Where you from? Because i know in Europe they use a "," instead of a "."
    theres is so much broscience itp

bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Does insurance cover the surgery? Seems like they should... But probably not. They never cover anything lol

I'll do my best to help man. Just hit me up whenever you need assistance.
    lool who knows.

Possible? Most probably. It'd take a while, IMO and I'm sure you're already well aware that spot reduction of body fat is not possible. A nice slow cut would probably help, IMO.
    You may have a slight case of gyno, but it's a little hard to tell just from your avi. If it does not go away naturally, then it would probably be worth going and seeing your doctor to talk about possible options. IMHO, I think it'll go away with time; you're still young (well a fair bit younger than I haha). Again, if problems persist and it's causing you some strife, pay your doctor a visit and get a second, professional opinion. I don't think building mass would do all that much to 'hide' the gyno, but at the same time, building mass isn't going to hurt either, IMO.

EDIT: Using a SERM may be an option, though you should probably speak to a doctor about this.
    I'll ask him about it next time I see him.

Where you from? Because i know in Europe they use a "," instead of a "."
    Not from Europe, but we used it the same way as them in the Carribean.
    SOHP : 265

Originally Posted by DerekEt View Post
    Lol, is that actually accurate? I thought I was 14%, but I have nowhere near as much blob as that guy at 14%, this would put me more around 11.5-12% O_o
    Yeah, I think it's pretty accurate. Photo comparisons will provide a general idea, but you could probably refer to it as a good guess. Testing is the best way. Here is the other pic. It's the one I should've posted.

Why are you even worried about bf%. You should be on Rippetoes and doing GOFATTA.

^^ Everyone disregard the above statement. Most of you won't get it.

Most males can only gain about 20-30lbs LBM in one year. Genetics obviously plays a big role. So I'd say it's best to shoot for a gain of 2-4lbs per month. Also, cardio won't keep you from gaining any more fat. Fat gain is ultimately dependant on your caloric intake and current bf%. High bf% = more fat gained during a bulk. Eating clean won't particularly keep you from gaining fat either.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayfirered4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    alright...i finally started counting my calories.
    i eat about 1 gram of protein per body weight. and anywhere from .5 - 1 gram of fat per body pound. and the rest are carbohydrates. reaching to about 3500 calories a day. ism gonna monitor it weekly to see if i should arrange the amount of calories. anyways my gym has no barbells, it is a YMCA that has machines and dumbbells up too 100 pounds.
    will doing a push/pull/legs routine help me gain mass and strength?
    each day consists of of 15-18 sets. Minimum of 5-8 sets on compound movements and then the rest of the sets would be isolation exercises.
    the rep range i always keep to around 6-12 reps.
    anyways stats have been the same for months...i tried getting a gym with barbells but isn't convenient.
    when i tried barbells. This is what i could do. parenthesis show what i do when i don"t have barbells.
    175 for 5 reps bench press (75 db each arm for YMCA if no barbells)
    205 squat for over 5 reps (350 on leg press at YMCA)
    i can do 110 db overhead press for 8 reps (same as YMCA)
    dead lift i do light 160 because i do it after legs and i really never get a chance to do it.(no dead lifts at all at YMCA)
    anyways will doing the above help me gain size and strength? please help. i really cant do an ss program bc its all barbell work.
    im 5 foot 9.5 and weigh 160 pounds. im getting back to working out after i pulled my shoulder

lol what the heck? is that really 10% bf, that means I'm 10% ...srs.

For some reason I don't think these pictures are accurate.

Originally Posted by jayfirered4 View Post
    alright...i finally started counting my calories.
    i eat about 1 gram of protein per body weight. and anywhere from .5 - 1 gram of fat per body pound. and the rest are carbohydrates. reaching to about 3500 calories a day. ism gonna monitor it weekly to see if i should arrange the amount of calories. anyways my gym has no barbells, it is a YMCA that has machines and dumbbells up too 100 pounds.
    will doing a push/pull/legs routine help me gain mass and strength?
    each day consists of of 15-18 sets. Minimum of 5-8 sets on compound movements and then the rest of the sets would be isolation exercises.
    the rep range i always keep to around 6-12 reps.
    anyways stats have been the same for months...i tried getting a gym with barbells but isn't convenient.
    when i tried barbells. This is what i could do. parenthesis show what i do when i don"t have barbells.
    175 for 5 reps bench press (75 db each arm for YMCA if no barbells)
    205 squat for over 5 reps (350 on leg press at YMCA)
    i can do 110 db overhead press for 8 reps (same as YMCA)
    dead lift i do light 160 because i do it after legs and i really never get a chance to do it.(no dead lifts at all at YMCA)
    anyways will doing the above help me gain size and strength? please help. i really cant do an ss program bc its all barbell work.
    im 5 foot 9.5 and weigh 160 pounds. im getting back to working out after i pulled my shoulder
    Yes you can gain size and strength on a push/pull/legs routine. Having NO access to barbells is very limiting though, IMO. I would recommend that for the time being, you make do with what you have and search for a new gym with better gear at the same time. In order to gain size and strength, you must nail the following:

Proper diet - caloric surplus is needed to gain lean tissue and weight - use this thread to calculate your daily macronutrient and caloric needs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    Use myfitnesspal.com to help you keep track of things. It's free and easy to use.

Adequate rest

Proper training - progressive overload is key. Use either a double or single progression method, IMO.

All of the above over an extended period of time is crucial for success.