Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Current lifts are 65kg (143lbs) for one, 60kg (132lbs) x 5, 50kg (110lbs) x 10.
    I've lifted as much as 70kg (154lbs) for a single but I have to keep taking breaks from benching due to a cranky rotator cuff. nb, I lifted 70kg when I weighed about the same. It helps that I'm a T-Rex - I'm 5'7 but my wingspan is only 5'4. Rubbish for swimming, rowing or deadlifts but great for pressing movements.

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It's so rare to see a woman actually bench.... srs. In my 12+ years of going to the gym I don't think I can ever recall seeing one bench 135 even ONCE.

It's actually pretty strange now that I think about it because I've definitely seen woman who look like they lift.... they just don't bench. If anything they seem to prefer the DBs for whatever reason (safety?).

charliesschevy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Couple weeks ago I maxed out on bench at 155lb for 1 and a half reps. It had been about five years since I had barbell benched. I mainly do dumbbell and use hammer strength machines for chest.

charliesschevy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    It's so rare to see a woman actually bench.... srs. In my 12+ years of going to the gym I don't think I can ever recall seeing one bench 135 even ONCE.

It's actually pretty strange now that I think about it because I've definitely seen woman who look like they lift.... they just don't bench. If anything they seem to prefer the DBs for whatever reason (safety?).
    I use dumbbells more often, when I was training for a show I was getting a massage from my trainer and he noticed my right peck was larger than my left peck so I use individual dumbbells that way I don't favor a side.
    "Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and become a slave"P 12:24

When the pain is strong and you feel like you have nothing left in you, push past it and you will see a side of you you never thought you had which is greatness. -SW

Eat to Live, Don't Live to Eat

rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by charliesschevy View Post
    I use individual dumbbells that way I don't favor a side.
    Same, I will use my left to compensate for a weak right if I bench barbell. Might be why most women lift dumbbells, we like to be balanced :-)
    Being weak is a choice. So is being strong.

CBBF IFBB Pro Qualifier-August 9, 2014

yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If anything they seem to prefer the DBs for whatever reason (safety?).
    Actually yeah. I've had elbow tendonitis for years now and I was worried that it might just give out and since the DBs wouldn't land on me and crush me I thought it was safer. Lately though my elbows have been doing quite well and I think they can handle it.

I really hated DB bench when I first tried it, I wasn't coordinated enough to do it and I had to start with really light weights just to get the hang of it, but it does help with muscle imbalance like the others have said.
    “A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government” -George Washington

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149057133

gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i only do 70 X 5....on a gooood day!

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by yummycow View Post
    Actually yeah. I've had elbow tendonitis for years now and I was worried that it might just give out and since the DBs wouldn't land on me and crush me I thought it was safer. Lately though my elbows have been doing quite well and I think they can handle it.

I really hated DB bench when I first tried it, I wasn't coordinated enough to do it and I had to start with really light weights just to get the hang of it, but it does help with muscle imbalance like the others have said.
    DBs aren't necessarily safer. With the bench it's about learning how to fail. I can fail with 45kg on me. Just sit up as you lower it onto your chest and roll it onto quads then pick up and replace and re-try. I'd rather have a bench fail than have someone fail on DBs and send them flying towards me (have had this happen once before!!). At least a BB fail is controlled.

jamie68117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamie68117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamie68117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamie68117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamie68117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamie68117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamie68117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamie68117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamie68117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamie68117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamie68117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just started lifting weights again this past Monday, after having not gone to the gym consistently in at least a couple years. Weight lifting is something I have tried in the past, but never really stuck with for more than a month or two.

This time around I'm 100% committed and really plan on being in it for the long haul! I'm just feeling a little discouraged because I feel like the weights I'm able to lift are just so darn light. :/ I'm not a wimp and I really do feel like I push myself, but I'm only able to bench 30 lbs. at the moment. Yesterday I did 1 set of 10 reps at 30 lbs., then rested for a minute, then did my 2nd set at 30 lbs. but could only do 8 reps. And my form was starting to suffer towards the end.

I am 5'3 and 166 pounds, although according to my wrist size I am a "large" frame, and honestly don't think anyone would guess I weigh that much! I am in the process of fixing my eating habits and plan on losing at least 30 lbs., but that's besides the point. OH and I'm 21 years old.

I don't get embarrassed of what all the guys think at the gym, because I am there for myself and no one else. And to be honest, I highly doubt any of them care. But I just get worried there might be something wrong with me that I can only bench 30 lbs.?! And since the bar that you add weights to is like 45 lbs., I'm gonna be forced to make a jump from 30 lbs. right to 40 lbs., which I'm a little nervous about! I read you're only supposed to increase by 10% at a time, which is gonna be impossible for me with my bench press until I work my way up to the big girl barbell. lol

Was anyone else here this weak when they first started out?! :/ Is it just genetics or what?!

shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My best bench was 55kg x 5.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Elite is defined as the top 1%.

Strength standards taken from
    http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...hStandards.htm

For those who want to estimate their 1rm, go here.
    http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    No way only 1% of females can bench 135, I mean is that 1% of females who are alive or 1% of females who lift?? Hahaha Best I've ever hit was 135x10.

Never tried maxing so no idea what that's ever been.
    Your 135 x 10 gives you about a calculated 1rm of 180. With elite standards being defined as 185x1 at 165, you are precariosly close to having an elite level bench press.

mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow interesting perceptions here. I warm up with 135...12 reps. During mid bulk I get 235 up for 6 reps, 4 clean by myself last 2 with assistance. My trainer IFBB fitness Pro, now Physique benches 225 as a warm up. I also only go down to a strict 90 degrees so as not to strain connective tissue and keep the pump in my pecs.

Most of the female national competitors in BB bench heavy in bulk and will not really lighten up until about 8 weeks out.

nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mydawgs View Post
    Wow interesting perceptions here. I warm up with 135...12 reps. During mid bulk I get 235 up for 6 reps, 4 clean by myself last 2 with assistance. My trainer IFBB fitness Pro, now Physique benches 225 as a warm up. I also only go down to a strict 90 degrees so as not to strain connective tissue and keep the pump in my pecs.

Most of the female national competitors in BB bench heavy in bulk and will not really lighten up until about 8 weeks out.
    If you're capable of doing this now you should enter some PL comps.... because I'd imagine you'd be re-writing some records in the "Masters" class.

How much do you weigh if you don't mind my asking?

mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're capable of doing this now you should enter some PL comps.... because I'd imagine you'd be re-writing some records in the "Masters" class.

What is PL? When I bulk I will head up to 130 lbs, compete at 114. This year I have stayed around 125 because I only gained 2 lbs of muscle my last bulk, mostly in my delts and upper back and lats. I have a problem keeping my upper body in proportion to my legs...the legs get so big so quick. It was hard to put the weight on and I don't think I can get much more...so I will concentrate on keeping what I got. My husband says because I am small...short levered muscles I bulk well and can do the weight required to grow...but I think i am tapped out at my age.

Duhhhhh Power Lifting. Thought about it but I think I would lose my shape...block off and then I couldn't BB. The lifting forms are so different...thoughts?
    Last edited by mydawgs; 11-24-2012 at 05:43 PM.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Do you have any vids of your bench days? If srs that would make my day to see that, would amaze and motivate the hell out of me.

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    [IMG]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k568/acrawlingchaos/WomensStrengthStandards.png[/IMG

Elite is defined as the top 1%.

Strength standards taken from
    [url]http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm[/url

For those who want to estimate their 1rm, go here.
    [url]http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html[/url

Your 135 x 10 gives you about a calculated 1rm of 180. With elite standards being defined as 185x1 at 165, you are precariosly close to having an elite level bench press.
    I don't understand how they classify that, seems way too low. My DL is almost "elite" yet I would say a mere 2x bw is pretty good, and I'm not even at that yet. Also my squat REALLY sucks and I am very aware of that, yet I'm between Advanced and Elite, no way. :/ I know some ladies just in the journaling section who are pretty far past those elite numbers for their bw, some compete here and there, some don't and just lift for fun. Pretty sure if a female PL trained with a coach seriously and put way more time into this than most here they could pass all the elite numbers in a couple yrs easily.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

What is PL? When I bulk I will head up to 130 lbs, compete at 114. This year I have stayed around 125 because I only gained 2 lbs of muscle my last bulk, mostly in my delts and upper back and lats. I have a problem keeping my upper body in proportion to my legs...the legs get so big so quick. It was hard to put the weight on and I don't think I can get much more...so I will concentrate on keeping what I got. My husband says because I am small...short levered muscles I bulk well and can do the weight required to grow...but I think i am tapped out at my age.

Duhhhhh Power Lifting. Thought about it but I think I would lose my shape...block off and then I couldn't BB. The lifting forms are so different...thoughts?
    Jen Thompson is one of the best female benchers of all-time (current record holder @ 132lbs) and I saw a vid of her recently doing 225 x 10. Her max is somewhere around 320.

If you're doing 235 x 6 you're probably good for 225 x 8 or so... which would put you pretty close to her... which would be pretty amazing TBH.

Just looked up the American record for Women ages 50-54 and it's 220lbs.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

You asked the wrong question.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Heavy fukkin e-stats.

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Heavy fukkin e-stats.
    She did say she benches to 90 degrees, rather than down to the chest. I know that back when I did 90-degree benching, it allowed me to lift about 1/3 on top of what I could bench full ROM. And she's getting assistance on 1/3 of her reps.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    You asked the wrong question.
    Then by all means... ask the right one.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    I don't understand how they classify that, seems way too low. My DL is almost "elite" yet I would say a mere 2x bw is pretty good, and I'm not even at that yet. Also my squat REALLY sucks and I am very aware of that, yet I'm between Advanced and Elite, no way. :/ I know some ladies just in the journaling section who are pretty far past those elite numbers for their bw, some compete here and there, some don't and just lift for fun. Pretty sure if a female PL trained with a coach seriously and put way more time into this than most here they could pass all the elite numbers in a couple yrs easily.
    Take into account several factors.

. World records can be twice or more what is generally considered elite and represent a VERY small numbers (a few dozen in the world).
    . 1% of the population is still a fairly large number.
    . Many of the regular posters here compete, and competitors usually represent the elite.
    . Statistics are for the natural athlete.

You are a VERY strong woman, and you could probably cut down to a lighter weight class and smash some local records at the very least. Though depending on what your actual BF levels are and how well you manage a cut, you could rival national numbers. You have the making of a great powerlifter.

As far as the standards...

Tables for the basic barbell exercises were developed from:
    . definitions in "Practical Programming" by Kilgore, Rippetoe, and Pendlay
    . the experience and judgment of the authors,
    . the exercise techniques described and illustrated in “Starting Strength” by Rippetoe and Kilgore, and
    . published performance standards for the sports of powerlifting and weightlifting

Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    She did say she benches to 90 degrees, rather than down to the chest. I know that back when I did 90-degree benching, it allowed me to lift about 1/3 on top of what I could bench full ROM. And she's getting assistance on 1/3 of her reps.
    BBs keep strict form to focus on shaping the muscle group we work...we don't lift for weight we lift for size and shape, so we stay to ROM for max impact on muscle worked...try to avoid "waste" on any connective or supporting muscle. On my heavy days I lift to fail...must have a spot to do that.

yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    DBs aren't necessarily safer. With the bench it's about learning how to fail. I can fail with 45kg on me. Just sit up as you lower it onto your chest and roll it onto quads then pick up and replace and re-try. I'd rather have a bench fail than have someone fail on DBs and send them flying towards me (have had this happen once before!!). At least a BB fail is controlled.
    Well I was thinking it was more safe for me and hoping that I wouldn't hurt anyone if they fell, and I was thinking with the tendonitis it wouldn't be a controlled fail more like catastrophic fail. But it hasn't been an issue the more I lift the better my elbows feel. I haven't even had a little bit of pain when bench pressing.
    “A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government” -George Washington

melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rebeckyt View Post
    Same, I will use my left to compensate for a weak right if I bench barbell. Might be why most women lift dumbbells, we like to be balanced :-)
    This clip lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WDBP_xdzyxI
    Cheers,
    Mel x

-Just because it burns, it doesn't mean your gonna die- (Pink)

My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149651933

melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    This vid shows a good demonstration http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=n_OdXKfSp-Y
    Cheers,
    Mel x

-Just because it burns, it doesn't mean your gonna die- (Pink)

My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149651933

Originally Posted by melodyjayne View Post
    This vid shows a good demonstration http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=n_OdXKfSp-Y
    I like the way he is so calm.....very interesting

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    BBs keep strict form to focus on shaping the muscle group we work...we don't lift for weight we lift for size and shape, so we stay to ROM for max impact on muscle worked...try to avoid "waste" on any connective or supporting muscle. On my heavy days I lift to fail...must have a spot to do that.
    I'm getting the impression I may have rustled your jimmies here. If so, then the irony is that I was posting in your defence. The guy I was replying to was all but accusing you of making up numbers that you couldn't really lift in real life, and I was just pointing out 2 reasons -- from what you'd already written -- that might justify why you may in fact lift as much as you say you do: different range of motion and the help of a spotter. That's not intended to be a sleight against you at all, if you've interpreted it that way. I'm well aware of the fact that bodybuilders lift with the intention of developing their muscles in a certain way, not with the intention of having the most weight on the bar that they can possibly move and still get 3 white lights.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HAHAHAHA thank goodness I'm not THAT bad!! LMAO
    Being weak is a choice. So is being strong.

CBBF IFBB Pro Qualifier-August 9, 2014

Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    I'm getting the impression I may have rustled your jimmies here. If so, then the irony is that I was posting in your defence. The guy I was replying to was all but accusing you of making up numbers that you couldn't really lift in real life, and I was just pointing out 2 reasons -- from what you'd already written -- that might justify why you may in fact lift as much as you say you do: different range of motion and the help of a spotter. That's not intended to be a sleight against you at all, if you've interpreted it that way. I'm well aware of the fact that bodybuilders lift with the intention of developing their muscles in a certain way, not with the intention of having the most weight on the bar that they can possibly move and still get 3 white lights.
    LOL here is the real irony I had no idea that the other guy was being a "tool", if he was and I was vehamently agreeing with you. What surprised me is a 135lb bench for even a LW BB is table stakes, move on to HWs that get on an NPC national stage and 225 is table stakes. The guy being a wise guy, if indeed that is what he was doing does not know our world...at all. I have a friend that does Figure, she squats 310 for 20 reps for 4 sets, with 20 seconds rest inbetween. I squat 310 but not like that. And again we stay to a 90 degree movement as our objective is to get that nice wide sweep on our quads.

I also understand the full ROM that power lifters sling...I respect it and most likely could not do it. So I think we are on the same page. To the man that was attampting to be offensive, if indeed he was, go to a gym frequented by female BBs and watch what they put up....then lets have a chat.

Oh man I woke my roommate up laughing at this.