Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Ladies how much do you bench press?

I am just curious what other girls bench press. The last time I bench pressed I lifted 70lb for 8 reps.

I was reading an article on tnation that talked about how few men can bench 300lb. and there was a table there says about 1% of men can bench 300lb. and about 1% of women can bench 135lb. I would have thought more women could bench that much only because in college when I threw for the track team (when I was 18) I lifted with 4 other girls and by the end of the year we all could lift that much, but throwers on a college track team aren't exactly normal people.

Now the author of this article freely admits there isn't a lot of science involved in his results and he didn't explain how he got his number for females. I'm just wondering if he even got close or if he is just full of it.
    “A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government” -George Washington

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149057133

Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by yummycow View Post
    I am just curious what other girls bench press. The last time I bench pressed I lifted 70lb for 8 reps.

I was reading an article on tnation that talked about how few men can bench 300lb. and there was a table there says about 1% of men can bench 300lb. and about 1% of women can bench 135lb. I would have thought more women could bench that much only because in college when I threw for the track team (when I was 18) I lifted with 4 other girls and by the end of the year we all could lift that much, but throwers on a college track team aren't exactly normal people.

Now the author of this article freely admits there isn't a lot of science involved in his results and he didn't explain how he got his number for females. I'm just wondering if he even got close or if he is just full of it.
    ...he just admited himself it was broscience...

yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50) yummycow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    LOL I'm not expecting a lot of science here I got bored waiting for turkey and read an article.

It made me curious what other gals could lift, so I ask.
    “A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government” -George Washington

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No way only 1% of females can bench 135, I mean is that 1% of females who are alive or 1% of females who lift?? Hahaha Best I've ever hit was 135x10, tryna get back to a strong bb bench like that, been doing dbs only for about a year due to injury.

EDIT:
    Just so nobody thinks I'm estatting lulz

135x10

Never tried maxing so no idea what that's ever been.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't regularly do a flat barbell bench press. Last time I did it was at 105lbs for 4 sets of 10-12 reps. I have been thinking about doing it again just to see how much more I can lift now. Since tmrw is chest day, I will do it and update! I do incline crest press with 40 lb dumbbells now for 6-8 reps (4 sets)
    Being weak is a choice. So is being strong.

CBBF IFBB Pro Qualifier-August 9, 2014

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My bench is severely lagging my current 1RM is 99.3lbs (shall we call that 100?!). But it's actually gone up more this month than it has since February!

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd readily believe that only 1% of women can bench press 135lb...heck, I'd believe that only 0.01% of women can -- because that's about the percentage of women who probably bench, period. Let's assume that 10% of the population regularly go to the gym (which is probably a great big overestimation). Of those gym members, let's assume that 50% are female (probably also inaccurate), so that we can make the broad generalisation that 1 in 10 women go to the gym. Of those 1 in 10, I think it's safe to say that 90% or more will never practice the bench press, or if they do they'll find some way to turn it into a fluff exercise so as not to risk it actually achieving anything. That leaves us with maybe 1% of women who'll ever actually try to be good at benching, and they're the only ones who are likely to ever bench press 135lb+. I think one of the few exceptions to that would be women who develop a boat load of strength through some other activity outside the gym, who don't need to practice benching to be able to randomly walk into the gym and throw up a wheel on each side of the bar. And I don't think they account for a high percentage of first-world women.

In saying all of the above, I think much more than 1% of women are able to learn to bench 135lb and higher...in fact I would expect that it would only be about 1% of otherwise healthy women who could never bench 135lb no matter how much they try. I think most women have the capacity to progress to 135lb and beyond, but I expect 99% or more will never try to get there, and so they won't get there.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Agree with above...plus of course body weight is a factor as well regarding what you can bench.

I can do about 5 sets at 105 lbs for 6 reps (without a spotter).

As for 135 lbs. I have only seen one woman put up that much at my gym. Considering she weighs only 105 lbs, it was really impressive. But then again, she does bench press comps so she works hard at that skill.

kmcelestino will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmcelestino will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmcelestino will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmcelestino will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmcelestino will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmcelestino will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmcelestino will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmcelestino will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmcelestino will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmcelestino will become famous soon enough. (+50) kmcelestino will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I realize the author agreed that there was no "scientific evidence" to support this claim; but, I have been working on this for a few years now (starting with the bar only and working my way up), and have hit 135 for about 3 or 4 reps without a spot. For whatever reason, while I keep progressing with squats and deadlift, I can't break the 135 barrier. I weigh 120, so maybe I'm really not meant to bench much more, but still you would think that over time my body would adapt and be able to add more weight.... maybe it's time to really start practicing again, perhaps with a spotter

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    No way only 1% of females can bench 135, I mean is that 1% of females who are alive or 1% of females who lift?? Hahaha Best I've ever hit was 135x10, tryna get back to a strong bb bench like that, been doing dbs only for about a year due to injury.
    I think he meant 1% of females alive between the ages 15-55, at least that is how he did the men. IDK maybe it is believable. Even if you've never tried maxing that is still pretty damn impressive, I've only seen one other gal lift 135 for 10 reps.
    Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    I'd readily believe that only 1% of women can bench press 135lb...heck, I'd believe that only 0.01% of women can -- because that's about the percentage of women who probably bench, period.
    I suppose that could be true. I know I don't see a lot of gal benching in the gym.
    Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    Agree with above...plus of course body weight is a factor as well regarding what you can bench.

I can do about 5 sets at 105 lbs for 6 reps (without a spotter).

As for 135 lbs. I have only seen one woman put up that much at my gym. Considering she weighs only 105 lbs, it was really impressive. But then again, she does bench press comps so she works hard at that skill.
    Yeah it is definitely more difficult for smaller people and I think it's much more impressive when someone move more than their weight. I mean I was pretty happy when I was 18 and benched 135 once just because a new PR is cool, but I did kind of look at it like that isn't even close to my body weight at the time.

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by yummycow View Post
    Yeah it is definitely more difficult for smaller people and I think it's much more impressive when someone move more than their weight. I mean I was pretty happy when I was 18 and benched 135 once just because a new PR is cool, but I did kind of look at it like that isn't even close to my body weight at the time.

Well regardless what a woman weighs...it is still very impressive to see a women at the gym do a two plate lift just because it is so rare. Good job on that accomplishment...you know that the majority of the women will never be able to make that statement ever in their life...I certainly can't right now

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    My bench is my suckiest lift. Just getting over 100 was an accomplishment. At 110 currently.

I still feel my form isn't ever quite what it should be.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Lin82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lin82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lin82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lin82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lin82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lin82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lin82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I just benched 55lb yesterday for 3 sets 6 reps, doesn't sound like much but when I started aug 1 I could only bench 20lb for the same reps.

ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Me personally, following linear progression, my bench seems to cap out around 80% of my bodyweight, which works out to 115-120 or so. After that, I need to put a little more effort in bench programming. If I was a bb'er I probably would not care and just work with that max, increasing verrrrrry slowly. Right now I can get maybe 155 for a full, paused bench and 185 if I bench fast, a few inches off the chest like the 'gym brahs' haha. I train for power though.

The article mentioning 1% of women benching 135+ sounds more like a random comment or passing thought as opposed to any science, but I don't think bench numbers are a priority for most women, so 1% might be right? Might have been better if the author had worded it as a % of bodyweight though. 135 could be amazing or unremarkable depending though, since women range from a bodyweight of >90lbs to 300+.
    CSCS

845@132 | Wilks 429.55
    Meet lifts : Squat 275 | Bench 170 | Dead 400

Journal : http://tinyurl.com/80s-lifting-journal

mom to 3 boys / spend my life at grocery store crew

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    95 x 5. I am currently working on my form, which I know has been off. I am working on keeping elbows tucked, shoulders pulled back, chest up high, and bar hitting lower on the chest. When I perfect this, and I will dammit, I hope I can increase weight, especially with all the foodz lately .

jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I haven't just walked in and done flat barbell bench to see what I can do. However, my final set when I do flat barbell press is currently 145lbs for 4 reps, but that's after incline barbell presses (sets of 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 and 4), 4 sets of incline dumbbell presses, and flat barbell presses (sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 and 6)....so by the time I'm pushing 145 for 4, I'm getting pretty fatigued. I keep thinking I really need to see what I can press when I'm fresh.

malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've only been able to get up to 65 lbs. When I get beyond that weight I'll be so happy. I've only seen one woman bench press 135 lbs at the gym and I was really impressed.

kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Currently, I can bench 95 for 6. Hoping to change that.

Kristen

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bench is by far my suckiest lift. I'm doing dumbbell flat bench right now and am using 35s. I am doing PHAT so on my strength day, I'm shooting for 3 sets of 3-5 reps. I haven't gotten 3 sets of 5 with the 35s. I attempted the 40s, got them up once a couple weeks ago, tried again this past Monday and couldn't get them up at all. Im gonna try every week, though. Im determined!!!

I'm not sure how much I could do with a barbell.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000)
    I echo what most of you have said above, bench being my weakest lift. Currently at 85x5x3 no spotter. It's tough, but I'm slowly increasing. Actually just started doing a real bench instead of Smith Machine. Small win, but I'll take it!

mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    really nice! i guess your not part of the 1% lol. i can deff see you maxing out at like 150X3 or something. you should try and let us know!

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post

EDIT:
    Just so nobody thinks I'm estatting lulz

135x10

Never tried maxing so no idea what that's ever been.
    walk into the room dripping in gold

mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfishmannj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i bench 110X3
    walk into the room dripping in gold

Registered User sweetkissees918's Avatar
    sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Max bench sticks around 130-140.... hoping to change that
    ▪█───────█▪

Bench Press: Current: 210lbs Goal: 225lbs
    Deadlift: Current: 442.5lbs (World Record) Goal: 500lbs
    Military Press: Current: 120lbs Goal: 135lbs
    Squat: Current: 372.5lbs Goal: 400lbs

~Working out and not eating right is like doing your homework and not turning it in.~

******** link to our training page: www.********.com/pages/Xtreme-Fitness/1478082779087471

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    95x5. Just began bulking so hopefully that should go up!!!!
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well I tried a flat bench for the first time in a couple months today and after pyramiding up I hit 115 lbs for 7 reps without a spotter. My goal it to eventually be able to bench my body weight :-)

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm weak in the chest, only 25kg (55 pounds) for 6 reps.

Originally Posted by Botika View Post
    I'm weak in the chest, only 25kg (55 pounds) for 6 reps.
    I started with just the bar (45 lbs) and its taken over a year to work up to where I'm at. I'd still say 25kg is more than most women can do so you are far from weak!!

On a side note, I aske a female bodybuilder friend of mine what she benches because of this thread. She's about 5'2" and 130 lbs .......and can bench 225 for 2 reps. She's a little tank, and all natural too. So proud of her!!

melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same as Botika...are negs a good way to build strength for these?
    Cheers,
    Mel x

-Just because it burns, it doesn't mean your gonna die- (Pink)

My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149651933

Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    Well regardless what a woman weighs...it is still very impressive to see a women at the gym do a two plate lift just because it is so rare. Good job on that accomplishment...you know that the majority of the women will never be able to make that statement ever in their life...I certainly can't right now
    I fully intend to lift that much again, but it's going to be a while. I kind of feel like I know I can do it so it is one of my long term goals. I do need to try bench press with a bar though because when I said I benched 70lb earlier it was two 35lb dumbbells.
    Originally Posted by melodyjayne View Post
    Same as Botika...are negs a good way to build strength for these?
    Hmmm I don't think I've ever tried negatives for bench press. When I was in college the coach made us lift 5 sets of 5 a lot, sometimes 3X8 sometimes we worked up 1X8 1x6 1x4 2x2 (always with a spotter) and we did some kind of pressing twice a week like bench, inclined, dumbbell, declined. I don't remember what weight I started with but I know I was a lot stronger by the end of the school year.

I don't know how often you bench but if you aren't doing it twice a week you might try that.

melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cheers,
    Mel x

-Just because it burns, it doesn't mean your gonna die- (Pink)

My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149651933