TheGhostBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Is this a good muscle split?

Wassup Guys!

So i've been workout for a few months now and I think I should have probably started following a decent split routine by now so I made one.

Monday - Chest + Triceps + Back

Tuesday - Biceps + Legs + Abs

Wednesday - Off

Thursday - Shoulders + Triceps

Friday - Back + Biceps + Legs

Saturday - Chest + Abs

So basically I'm just wondering if this split sounds ok and if there is anything you would change whether that be to add something or take something. Thanks
    Last edited by TheGhostBrah; 11-22-2012 at 04:03 PM.

aSmartBlonde has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aSmartBlonde has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aSmartBlonde has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aSmartBlonde has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aSmartBlonde has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aSmartBlonde has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aSmartBlonde has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aSmartBlonde has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aSmartBlonde has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aSmartBlonde has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aSmartBlonde has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I prefer to mix back with biceps, and triceps with chest, since working back also applies biceps and working chest applies triceps. I also mix abs with legs, because something like squats and lunges also uses a lot of core with it.

TxBowhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TxBowhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TxBowhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TxBowhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TxBowhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TxBowhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TxBowhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TxBowhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TxBowhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TxBowhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TxBowhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not at all. The maximum number of large muscle groups you should hit per day is 2.

Since it looks like you're trying to do a 3-day split, do:

Chest/Triceps/Abs
    Back/Biceps/Forearms
    Legs/Shoulders/Calves

sportsnsc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It should all be based on feel, see what hits your muscles the best and just make sure that you aren't overusing any of the muscles.

PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TxBowhunter View Post
    Not at all. The maximum number of large muscle groups you should hit per day is 2.

Since it looks like you're trying to do a 3-day split, do:

Chest/Triceps/Abs
    Back/Biceps/Forearms
    Legs/Shoulders/Calves
    lol ok

geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) geneswest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PatFel View Post
    lol ok
    Key word was large muscle groups. I doubt OP has enough lifting experience or muscular endurance to do a half decent back/biceps/leg workout. Legs by themselves should take it out of him
    Elite Powerlifter

740kg @ 81.45kg [1631@179]
    760kg @ 94.20kg [1675@207] - 2hr weigh-in

IG: @briancookpl

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149793363&p=982377313

Best Lifts in Comp: 656/391/689 = 1736# / [787.5kg]

PM for Online Coaching enquiries

PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by geneswest View Post
    Key word was large muscle groups. I doubt OP has enough lifting experience or muscular endurance to do a half decent back/biceps/leg workout. Legs by themselves should take it out of him
    you could be fine doing just full body workouts

if you wanted to

there is no need to limit number of "large muscle groups" trained unless it is a personal preference

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PatFel View Post
    you could be fine doing just full body workouts

if you wanted to

there is no need to limit number of "large muscle groups" trained unless it is a personal preference
    This.
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?