Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JolietKev View Post
    Thanks John. Many people strive their entire for that ever elusive "success." I have a feeling that if you do not feel successful now, you will not feel that way later. There will always be that desire for more, more..... . I believe that if you wake up each morning, that is a success. then if you can enjoy that day with out the societal pressures to succeed, then you have "succeeded" and have overcome this world and its folly.
    KEV: a variation of this , and something that is very personal to me, is that I am a very goal oriented person, however, I have always lived my life to seek QUALITATIVE goals, rather than QUANTITATIVE goals....

When your goal is to POSSESS something, usually, an object...that person will never really be satisfied, because there is always a "nicer" car, watch, house, or whatever the object might be.

but when your goal is to be BETTER at something your are or do, it means dedication, learning and application, all of which makes you a better person as well.

the joy , then, is in the act of achieving, which, never really ends, as opposed to a perceived "ending" when you "get something".....

what this means, with this attitude, that, in all of the things you do in life, you are always in the process of BECOMING....
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    I was gonna say the same thing. I agree with KIM 100%, and I also agree with OP 100%.

And yes, success is a state of mind, but unfortunately in the US success has become superficial, IMO. In other words, material things measure success for some people. How much money you have, the kinds of toys you have, diplomas on the wall, etc..

Me personally, I define success as how we positively affect other people's lives.

Dont get me wrong. I respect men like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs who are filthy rich, and have made others rich, but who also improved the lives of millions of people.

But there are also other people, to my point, that were dirt poor and were just as successful. Mother Theresa and Ghandi come to mind. Ghandi only had two bucks in his account, and he freed an entire nation without firing a shot.

Back to John's post, there is no other way to succeed but to follow the rules he outlined.
    You got my point and expressed the part I didn't (what my 'area' of success means to me, an individual) beautifully.

Thank you for expressing the Conservative Philosophy of Life so well.
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Most of it, is a mindset. People who are successful, tend to keep working towards their goals, despite the various obstacles life might throw their way, and despite the hand that was dealt to them, so to speak. With topics like this, I'm reminded of the movie Rudy, sometimes. He wasn't the ideal size for football, but his heart to wanna do his best and succeed, was big enough for the whole team!
    Last edited by whatevergirl; 11-25-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Post like this can really make you think........so after much thought I've come up with this conclusion.......To me "success is when I can motivate and encourage those around me without needing so say a word".
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some people who succeed do not succeed on the first try - or the second try - or even the third try. They never give up and keep trying. Babe Ruth held the record for the most homeruns for many years. He also held the record for the most times for stepping up to the plate and striking out. You have to keep swinging. Through the toughest times of your life, you have to keep swinging. But, along the way, never ever give up on your integrity or dignity, either.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    Some people who succeed do not succeed on the first try - or the second try - or even the third try. They never give up and keep trying. Babe Ruth held the record for the most homeruns for many years. He also held the record for the most times for stepping up to the plate and striking out. You have to keep swinging. Through the toughest times of your life, you have to keep swinging. But, along the way, never ever give up on your integrity or dignity, either.
    This is what works for me. No fear of the strike out. Being willing to take a beating. I looked like an ass at everything I ever did worth doing, pretty often.

Dignity for a lot of people is too external. External dignity it trumped by internal integrity.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

mixbwoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mixbwoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mixbwoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mixbwoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mixbwoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mixbwoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mixbwoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mixbwoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mixbwoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mixbwoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mixbwoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Right on to the real, and death to the fakers. Peace out.

Liverpool Football Club

Out of Many, One People.

Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unique_weed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love this thread. You guys have put some good stuff out there. I've lost 40lbs since October 1, 2012 and have found myself applying alot of what I've read in this thread.
    To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done!

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    This is what works for me. No fear of the strike out. Being willing to take a beating. I looked like an ass at everything I ever did worth doing, pretty often.

Dignity for a lot of people is too external. External dignity it trumped by internal integrity.
    That is right. The road to success includes people not believing in you and sometimes you not believing in you and many other obstacles. But, you have to rise above all of it, keep going and know what your ultimate goal is. By knowing what your goal or target is, you can then build a map that you guide your steps to reach your goal. Make a plan and strategy. Make a couple or even a few plans so you can diversify. By diversifying you will not have to depend on one income stream.

*Disclaimer: I don't want to give anyone that I am Donald Trump, because I am not. I am still building my plans and goals and have seen moderate fruits of my labor. So, I do know that persistence pays off, but it is long-term deal.

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mixbwoy View Post
    does anyone know if there is a poster of this somewhere?
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

^^^"Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude."

Zig Ziglar

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    R.I.P. Zig Ziglar

Guy had a lot on the ball. I read some of his stuff. He was an interesting guy with some good insights on making things work, beyond just making cash. Usually I cant stand self help, or "Be a better salesman" stuff. Sat through way too many seminars on that when I was in the sales business years ago. His stuff did not make me want to gouge my eyes out.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    we've all taken breaks ...

lost interest for brief periods until the fever hits us again..

you included...

not to rip on you here, but if you were in one of your breaks where you were not in the gym,...

how much sense would it make to have posted that ?

it's great that people can all gather around and suck each others dicks because we have some time in the weightroom but it's post like that that make something are arbitrary as going to a weightroom.......how shall I say...............cult-like ?

Probably no sense to post that, but the fact is I am not on a break so why not post it.

Not to try and rip you, but it appears you are not going to the gym so you are posting against it, if you were at the top of your game (posting videos and sh!t) would you have posted what you just did?

Just saying..
    On the list for Bannukah

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Frnkd View Post
    does anyone know if there is a poster of this somewhere?
    Not sure but before you get all excited and hang it on your wall you may want to fix it. Coincidence
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    would I have posted it ?

absolutely not and you know I wouldn't have so why even ask ?

I never have and never will look for motivation on an internet message board...

don't look for props in real life and certainly don't look for props on the internet...

I have mad respect for the guy's who just "do it" pretty much ego-free ...

do ya know what I mean john
    No I did not mean would you have posted what I posted. I meant would you have posted what you posted, about me posting this thread.

I see what you are getting at with the props thing, but props is earn man, on the streets or on the internet, makes no difference. One can try and earn props, but people can see right through them, more so on the streets than on an internet forum, but in time even on an internet forum people pick up, ya feel me OS?
    On the list for Bannukah