Registered User CarlosTheStrong's Avatar
    CarlosTheStrong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanksgiving dinner advice!!!

Hey guys so currently I am at 7 percent body fat but I want to get bigger. I am not skinny I am cut, just looking to pack on some more weight. Is me eating everything tonight a bad idea if I still want my body fat low? Is the turkey, mashpotatoes gonna damage my body. I'm 16 years old and I weigh 153 pounds. Tell me what you think. Thank you for your time.
    Every workout should be your best workout.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat as much as possible, its called bulksgiving for a reason....

counting calories and caring about food on thanksgiving/xmas is far from discipline and dedication, its obsession/eating disorder.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post

counting calories and caring about food on thanksgiving/xmas is far from discipline and dedication, its obsession/eating disorder.
    So you believe it's ok to go out 1 day a year? I myself have 15 more pounds to go till I reach my weight loss goal of 190, and not really sure if I should eat anything today besides the turkey.
    My Weight Loss Journey:
    Started On Feb 2012: 310 Pounds

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Thrqne View Post
    So you believe it's ok to go out 1 day a year? I myself have 15 more pounds to go till I reach my weight loss goal of 190, and not really sure if I should eat anything today besides the turkey.
    You have your whole life ahead of you, the key is to find a lifestyle that is sustainable. If you were really 310 pounds you dont think you deserve something? obviously nobody is going to hand you a million dollars for doing so but you should be able to reward yourself somehow through hard work.
    If someone wants to go out for their birthday, enjoy food, same goes with a vacation, or anything...but doesnt mean they should gorge themselves on 5000 calories since its pretty reckless.

Doing all that work, months of deficit, and going through the hunger DEFINITELY entitles one to enjoying food vs someone who is just overweight, doesnt exercise and thinks because since there is tons of food around they should eat it. Also for those that are eating with family, enjoy it, not everyone has parents/family that are alive, and you can easily get killed in a car accident, life is too short.
    Its no different from earning money from working and finally being able to buy something since you earned it
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Thrqne View Post
    One day a year? For most it's one day a week.

Do you think that you could eat enough, in one meal, in front of people, for it to matter. What's the worst you could do, 4000 calories? How much weight gain would 4000 bring: maybe, maybe 1/3lb of fat.

Serpentarius spelled it out: Dieting on thanksgiving equals an obsessions, not dedication.
    Last edited by AllApologies; 11-22-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Your right.

thanks a lot buddy. I ate good.

ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGuy227 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As long as you return to normal eating habits there is absolutely NOTHING to worry about. Yes there can possibly be an "OMG I GAINED 2 LBS!" the next morning, but it will come off GUARANTEED if you return to your eating habits (That is you already were on a fat loss nutrition plan that was working for you).

Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Taking this whole week off of diet because I've been doing it for 13 months and have dropped 90 pounds. There's nothing wrong with taking a break and maybe adding some weight back on you every once in a while. If you're lifting and eating your protiens, your muscles will grow. Think of it as a mini-bulk cycle and with bigger muscles comes better metabolism that will help you shed fat quicker when you go back on your diet. Now that the cravings will be gone for a while, I'm going back on my diet hardcore for the next four weeks to look good for christmas!!!

eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50)

this...

Really not sure why people think eating tons of food one day of the year is going to ruin all their weight loss efforts and make them fat
    http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator

Originally Posted by eloblivion View Post
    this...

Really not sure why people think eating tons of food one day of the year is going to ruin all their weight loss efforts and make them fat
    you see but it's not one day of the year. That's what a lot of people say. So you mean to tell me this is the only day you pig out. I find myself eating big once a month. There's always gonna be that party with free food. Now I make sacrifices in parties sometimes but you have got to give in.

Originally Posted by CarlosTheStrong View Post
    you see but it's not one day of the year. That's what a lot of people say. So you mean to tell me this is the only day you pig out. I find myself eating big once a month. There's always gonna be that party with free food. Now I make sacrifices in parties sometimes but you have got to give in.
    His point is to not obsess over the idea of food.