FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Recommendation as to Cross Training Shoe for for a 245 LB / 53 y/o Male

I have been doing a speed and agility class 2 x a week which consists of running ..sprinting ..bounding .. high knees..lateral slides ..step up etc.. .My running shoes which I used to walk are not suitable and my $49.00 Air Monarchs ..work ok ...but slip a little ..any ideas ....the class surface is black top as well as Turf for most of the drills ....Any ideas ?? I could go to Local Store but thought I would start here ..

Thank you in for all the good advice I have received here over the years

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FFOGG View Post
    I have been doing a speed and agility class 2 x a week which consists of running ..sprinting ..bounding .. high knees..lateral slides ..step up etc.. .My running shoes which I used to walk are not suitable and my $49.00 Air Monarchs ..work ok ...but slip a little ..any ideas ....the class surface is black top as well as Turf for most of the drills ....Any ideas ?? I could go to Local Store but thought I would start here ..

Thank you in for all the good advice I have received here over the years
    I'm not sure which is best but I have had good luck going to the New Balance stores and getting advice from them. I had IT problems back when I was running and they set me up with shoes that solved the problem entirely.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ignore "ergonomic training surfaces", "stay dry ultra soles", "spunky go faster stripes" and all that crap. All of the flashy, "scientific" stuff they use to sell the shoe is just crap. Studies show that the best shoe is the one that you're comfortable wearing. Simple as that.

So your best bet is to do exactly what you say in your first post - go to your local store and try a few pairs on.

FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks I will go on Saturday

ShreddySmurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddySmurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddySmurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddySmurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddySmurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddySmurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddySmurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddySmurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddySmurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddySmurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddySmurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My suggestion would be to also consider a pair of Vibram Fivefingers. I use the Trek-Sports for trail running and KomodoSport LS for weights and other stuff, and they're great for agility-type activities.

They do take a little time to adjust to at first and if you plan on running any longer distances in them you should work it up slowly and get your form right (no heavy heel-strikes etc.) but they're well worth a look while you're trying out shoes.

PS: they must fit 100%, preferably have them fitted by a shop assistant who knows how to do it. If they don't fit properly it's easy to pick up abrasions and blisters.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ASICS Gel Numbus - running shoes. Still useable after a years, will buy again. You could try an ASICS cross trainer.

http://www.asicsamerica.com/news---e...rld--editor-s/
    * ʍǝɹɔ ǝıssnɐ *

Registered User oldermuscledude's Avatar
    oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ShreddySmurf View Post
    My suggestion would be to also consider a pair of Vibram Fivefingers. I use the Trek-Sports for trail running and KomodoSport LS for weights and other stuff, and they're great for agility-type activities.

They do take a little time to adjust to at first and if you plan on running any longer distances in them you should work it up slowly and get your form right (no heavy heel-strikes etc.) but they're well worth a look while you're trying out shoes.

PS: they must fit 100%, preferably have them fitted by a shop assistant who knows how to do it. If they don't fit properly it's easy to pick up abrasions and blisters.
    x2

I've got 7 pairs of these shoes in various styles and love them for running and lifting and walking. I wear 'em to work (my jobs) and to work out in at the gym. They have mad grip on dry surfaces so I think they'd be great for anything that involves agility.

If you try them, be aware that you need to learn to run properly in them (forefoot strike rather than heel strike, which hurts like crazy). Your calves will scream at you for a couple of weeks, but you'll end up with stronger feet and calves.