24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Get Swole or Die Trying GetOutDaWhey's Avatar
    GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit GetOutDaWhey's BodySpace

Any MBA or Nursing brahs? (career advice)

I'm going to graduate with a degree in IT but it seems like most jobs are desktop support which doesn't appeal to me and am considering pursing a MBA or an associates in Nursing, because I've always liked the medical field and pictured myself working in a hospital. What kind of jobs would I be able to get with an MBA with only a years experience in IT? Thanks for the advice!
    ~Real Madrid C.F~

CHEEKBONE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CHEEKBONE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CHEEKBONE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CHEEKBONE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CHEEKBONE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CHEEKBONE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CHEEKBONE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CHEEKBONE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CHEEKBONE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CHEEKBONE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CHEEKBONE is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Will you change your name to Gaylord Focker after completing the nursing program?

Stats: 2'0", 350 lbs
    superdat1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) superdat1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) superdat1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) superdat1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) superdat1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) superdat1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) superdat1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) superdat1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) superdat1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) superdat1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) superdat1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit superdat1's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by GetOutDaWhey View Post
    I'm going to graduate with a degree in IT but it seems like most jobs are desktop support which doesn't appeal to me and am considering pursing a MBA or an associates in Nursing, because I've always liked the medical field and pictured myself working in a hospital. What kind of jobs would I be able to get with an MBA with only a years experience in IT? Thanks for the advice!
    lol look harder son

Stats: 5'10", 228 lbs
    High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit High_Endurance's BodySpace
    what kind of degree in IT are you getting? you know there is more to IT than just desktop support.

programmers, analysis (business and system), support (this includes desktop but also hardware, software), database design/maintenance, websites, SAP, Cisco, etc.

The list goes on and on. First thing people think about is IT support and IT is much more than that. I'm in a business analysis role and that is what I love.
    WW...........WW I S C O N S I N
    WW...WW...WW I S C O N S I N
    WWW......WWW I S C O N S I N

Stats: 6'0", 192 lbs
    aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit aleeboy's BodySpace
    Masters in IT? What kind? I seriously doubt a Masters will give you a peek into Desktop support only.

I would recommend you try moving into IT professional services. Such as: System Integration, Data Warehousing, CRM, ERP. This will give you a business perspetive with strong technology bend. If you do this first, you then can pursue an MBA with IT focus. Going forward, to be a manager in any large company, you will need a good grounding in technology. You simply can't separate these two. Don't go into post grad education thinking about a mediocre role. Try and get into something now... and then pursue higher education to support your career.

Nursing can be very boring. Can you imagine giving patients a sponge bath? Seeing sick people all day everyday? This takes a special kind of person. Plus, they work long shifts and you may be required to work in areas with nurse shortages.

Stats: 6'0", 192 lbs
    aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aleeboy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit aleeboy's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by High_Endurance View Post
    what kind of degree in IT are you getting? you know there is more to IT than just desktop support.

programmers, analysis (business and system), support (this includes desktop but also hardware, software), database design/maintenance, websites, SAP, Cisco, etc.

The list goes on and on. First thing people think about is IT support and IT is much more than that. I'm in a business analysis role and that is what I love.
    Strong post!

High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) High_Endurance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by aleeboy View Post
    Masters in IT? What kind? I seriously doubt a Masters will give you a peek into Desktop support only.

I would recommend you try moving into IT professional services. Such as: System Integration, Data Warehousing, CRM, ERP. This will give you a business perspetive with strong technology bend. If you do this first, you then can pursue an MBA with IT focus. Going forward, to be a manager in any large company, you will need a good grounding in technology. You simply can't separate these two. Don't go into post grad education thinking about a mediocre role. Try and get into something now... and then pursue higher education to support your career.

Nursing can be very boring. Can you imagine giving patients a sponge bath? Seeing sick people all day everyday? This takes a special kind of person. Plus, they work long shifts and you may be required to work in areas with nurse shortages.
    This!

Get Swole or Die Trying GetOutDaWhey's Avatar
    GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetOutDaWhey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit GetOutDaWhey's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by High_Endurance View Post

I'm getting a degree in Information Sciences and Technology. Its like a bunch of introduction classes, like intro to project management, intro to databases, networking, programming. I don't know any of these areas well though. I did have two classes on systems analysis. It seems like many jobs require much experience like years of experience.
    ~Real Madrid C.F~

Traps of peace crew muscle_marketer's Avatar
    Stats: 172 lbs
    muscle_marketer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscle_marketer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscle_marketer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscle_marketer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscle_marketer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscle_marketer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscle_marketer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscle_marketer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscle_marketer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscle_marketer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) muscle_marketer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit muscle_marketer's BodySpace
    mba here... 1yr experience in IT and u want to go for MBA, i would not recommend that, that's not good use of $$$ unless u r rich and can afford it.

find ur passion for IT and find a job that has a clear career path.

don't go for nursing just to have a job, long hours and very stressful.
    marketing for life

I'm getting a degree in Information Sciences and Technology. Its like a bunch of introduction classes, like intro to project management, intro to databases, networking, programming. I don't know any of these areas well though. I did have two classes on systems analysis. It seems like many jobs require much experience like years of experience.
    all jobs require experience. it's life.

My personal opinion, in IT you need experience and certifications. Experience means you have a good foundation of understanding of your area. certifications (because most have to be renewed every few years) shows that you are always up to date with the newest stuff in your area.

You were given a bunch of intro classes, so what do you like? Once you know what you like, find a job that will allow you to get into that. This job won't be your dream job, but it will provide you with more information and understanding. With more information and understanding you can look at certifications.

No one in IT knows everything, they specialize in certain things

Nick041881 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nick041881 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nick041881 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nick041881 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nick041881 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nick041881 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nick041881 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nick041881 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nick041881 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nick041881 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Nick041881 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Nick041881's BodySpace
    Murse here. I love the medical field and find it very interesting and exciting. I will definitely depend on which area of nursing you work. Just like any other career field, there are some areas that are boring. If you truly have an interest in healthcare I say go for it. Try to get a job in ED, OR, ICU, or any other specialty department. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions