Thread: Keto help

Deathdealer28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto help

Hey folks

Started keto on Monday and for 3 days felt like crap. Day 3 woke up tired but energetic very quickly. Decided to test if I was in Ketosis. So got a blood glucose monitor and ketostix. Tested at 7pm. Bg level of 4.9. Ketostix showed 0.8 so in Ketosis?? I wanted to check though if I could drink coke zero. So had my last meal of 7 ribs in butter n some mayo n a glass of cold zero. I tested my bg it said 5.7. So out of keto? But I also used a ketostix n it said 0.15. Still in or out. And is the coke a factor so stay away or was it cuz of my meal. I did leave it roughly an hour after the meal before testing.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ignore stix. If you're well hydrated, they'll give you false negatives. In the long run, it doesn't matter anyway. If you keep carbs low, you will get into keto. Today or two days from now doesn't matter. Keto isn't what will take off weight, the calorie deficit does that.

Diet soda "should" be ok. Some say not, but I've drank lots of it in the past and stayed in keto fine. Some report that it makes them hungry too.
    Part of my transformation here - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149287533

Deathdealer28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's great mate thank u. I was on the boards n net for about a week solid n the amount of stuff u read just ends up contradicting itself and you don't no what is wat. For the past 3 days I've had less that 25grams of carbs n finding that I've that much nice stuff to eat I don't miss them but I am looking forward to my carb up lol I have to Friday dinner time to decide whether to just eat what I want or do carb counting as I no it varies from person to person n I might b one of the lucky ones

Tevexs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tevexs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tevexs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tevexs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tevexs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tevexs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tevexs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tevexs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tevexs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tevexs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tevexs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Agreed with Blackjack68. I do know how it feels when you start out however and the ketostix make you feel like it's working if you're like me and don't get too many noticeable ketogenic symptoms. Your best bet is to use the stix when you actually don't have to pee, that way the ketones will be more concentrated. As for diet soda, some say that the aspartame can kick them out, but there seems to be less sensitivity for other artificial sweeteners. For example, I don't consume aspartame products any longer, but some of my protein powders and bars contain small amounts of splenda or stevia (best) which don't kick me out in my experience. Just found out what works for you if you need to have your diet sodas, etc.