AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Core Body Temp drop - Metabolism slow down?

All,

Been cutting since early October. At first I was at 2700 and the scale wasn't moving, after 2 weeks I moved down to 2200 and the scale maybe dropped 0.25 lbs in 2 weeks. I've now been at 2 weeks at 1800 and the scale is finally going down .75 to 1.0 pounds per week.

However, when I first started the cutting my core body temp (as measured right upon waking) was around 97.0 degrees, at 2200 it drifted down to 96.8 degrees, now the last several days have measured around 95.8 degrees.

I have read that a drop in core body temperature is a sign of a slowed down and reduced metabolism.

Is a 1.2 degree drop in core body temperature a lot? a little? How much of a metabolism slow-down is this really?

Should I stop cutting and eat at maintenance for a while?

StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I lost a lot of weight and dieting can really mess with your hormones. I thought I had a thyroid problem when I stalled and my temp was low.

After bumping calories to maintenance and bumping fat to 150g I started to drop weight again at a 250-500 calorie deficit.

What's your stats? Bf%, weight, and height? Macros?

jeffkastner is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffkastner is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffkastner is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffkastner is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffkastner is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffkastner is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffkastner is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffkastner is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffkastner is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffkastner is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffkastner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AsmodeusDM View Post
    All,

Been cutting since early October. At first I was at 2700 and the scale wasn't moving, after 2 weeks I moved down to 2200 and the scale maybe dropped 0.25 lbs in 2 weeks. I've now been at 2 weeks at 1800 and the scale is finally going down .75 to 1.0 pounds per week.

However, when I first started the cutting my core body temp (as measured right upon waking) was around 97.0 degrees, at 2200 it drifted down to 96.8 degrees, now the last several days have measured around 95.8 degrees.

I have read that a drop in core body temperature is a sign of a slowed down and reduced metabolism.

Is a 1.2 degree drop in core body temperature a lot? a little? How much of a metabolism slow-down is this really?

I've actually tested body temperature as I've dropped weight (and reduced calories) and can attest to the same thing happening. It's pretty insignificant though.. just part of the progress. You lose weight, you don't need as much fuel, so bmr drops and temp too.. keep doing what you're doing. So long as you're lifting while maintaining your deficit, all is well. Consider the occasional 24 hour fast. BMR actually increases during the first 48 hours of fasting and you'll get to your goal a lot quicker (the Eat Stop Eat method).

AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsmodeusDM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    6'1"
    186 lbs

Getting
    180+ g protein
    60+ g fat

rest from carbs or more protein/fat

Hahha although today I'm baking a couple of items for tomorrow and I'm sure that the "taste testing" is quickly adding on those carbs

yhayes28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yhayes28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yhayes28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yhayes28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yhayes28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yhayes28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yhayes28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yhayes28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yhayes28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive found eating every 3 hours makes my metabolism moving i went to the doctor thinking i had a under active Theriod i was very wrong, who knew eating more made it work (eating more of clean foods ofcourse)

Originally Posted by AsmodeusDM View Post
    All,

Originally Posted by yhayes28 View Post
    Ive found eating every 3 hours makes my metabolism moving i went to the doctor thinking i had a under active Theriod i was very wrong, who knew eating more made it work (eating more of clean foods ofcourse)
    Yeah been eating at 630,930,1230,330,630, and 930 to try to "keep the metabolism running".

Still weight loss hasn't slowed... just asking if anyone else has experienced this and if ther'es a critical threshold of core temp drop that I should be aware of.