MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Dennis James Arm workout for the Masters

Looking forward to seeing the big guy back on stage !

http://www.flexonline.com/videos/ifb...master-olympia

He is still absolutely massive!

The masters is gonna be a close one.
    Some good prise money up for grabs as well.
    Last edited by MaKaiser; 11-21-2012 at 02:29 AM.
    I Discovered A Meal Between Breakfast And Brunch

Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    he really destroys his arms. i really like his drive. you can tell he wants to win; most of the people who who have their training filmed even before a comp talk to the camera and whatnot but he was strictly business. good luck to'em. he's gonna need it with such stiff competition.
    Kai Greene, Phil Heath, Cedric McMillan, Lionel Beyeke, Shawn Rhoden

"Looking up at goals once only found in my dreams can only make me think of those who looked down upon those dreams. The only time you should ever look down upon another person, is when you are extending a hand to lift them up." - kai greene

DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To bad DJ had no lats. He would have been able to move up a few spots back in the day. He was bigger than RC at one point : O

Take notice ego lifters, DJ curling max 35 on the preacher, which means you shouldnt be doing more than 20 or 25, not 50.
    Sudbury Ontario championships july june 11 2011 - 5th light heavy weight class
    London Ontario championships nov 26 2011 - 2nd heavy weight class

Next shows - Missisauga championship May 19th and Ontario championship June 2nd

nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DomzyCuttin View Post
    To bad DJ had no lats. He would have been able to move up a few spots back in the day. He was bigger than RC at one point : O

Take notice ego lifters, DJ curling max 35 on the preacher, which means you shouldnt be doing more than 20 or 25, not 50.
    Just because he does a high rep exercise with 35lbs doesn't mean people shouldn't go over 25lbs. It doesn't mean you're a ego lifter if you go 45-50. That's still light for a moderate lifter.

DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DomzyCuttin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nsxmatt View Post
    Just because he does a high rep exercise with 35lbs doesn't mean people shouldn't go over 25lbs. It doesn't mean you're a ego lifter if you go 45-50. That's still light for a moderate lifter.
    My opinion is based on personal experience, what I see with many pros, and what I learned from one of the biggest pros around. Yes you can go to 50 lbs, but its not neccessary if you use proper biomechanics which 99.9% of people are not aware of.

Your obviously bigger than most gym rats and you obviously have better form with 50's than most gym rats. Im just saying there is a way to use lighter weights than you thought possible and make gains and fail at 10ish reps.

For the last 4 months I havent curled more than a 35 (usually 25 and 30). I havent used more than a 60 lb easy bar. I skull crush 50-70. I pec dec 100-145. I Incline 50-70s. I cable row 120-160.

These are weights that I started lifting at when I was 15. Obviously I can lift way more, but why, if I know a way to make my muscles scream at 10 reps, I can better isolate any given muscle. I have way less joint and nerve issues, and im growing in areas that I never grew in because to many secondary muscles were overtaking what I was trying to work. Its a win win all the way. Oh but it doesnt look cool to 14 year olds who are swining up the same weights as me.

BTW im not knocking you at all. You look big enough to handle some big weights. But im just saying that even so there is a way to go lighter and make it heavy as ****. The guy I trained with has been over 320 lbs at his peak. He regularly uses 100 lb dumbells max for bench... His name is Mike Van Wyck. Look up his training videos. The weights are tiny, but I assure you hes feeling them and it ****ing hurts. He was trained by Darren Oliver who was regarded as Ontarios top bodybuilding trainer, who was known for anhillating guys with light weights.

On the way to 200+ pounds KevinSorbo's Avatar
    KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My opinion is based on personal experience, what I see with many pros, and what I learned from one of the biggest pros around. Yes you can go to 50 lbs, but its not neccessary if you use proper biomechanics which 99.9% of people are not aware of.

Your obviously bigger than most gym rats and you obviously have better form with 50's than most gym rats. Im just saying there is a way to use lighter weights than you thought possible and make gains and fail at 10ish reps.

For the last 4 months I havent curled more than a 35 (usually 25 and 30). I havent used more than a 60 lb easy bar. I skull crush 50-70. I pec dec 100-145. I Incline 50-70s. I cable row 120-160.

These are weights that I started lifting at when I was 15. Obviously I can lift way more, but why, if I know a way to make my muscles scream at 10 reps, I can better isolate any given muscle. I have way less joint and nerve issues, and im growing in areas that I never grew in because to many secondary muscles were overtaking what I was trying to work. Its a win win all the way. Oh but it doesnt look cool to 14 year olds who are swining up the same weights as me.

BTW im not knocking you at all. You look big enough to handle some big weights. But im just saying that even so there is a way to go lighter and make it heavy as ****. The guy I trained with has been over 320 lbs at his peak. He regularly uses 100 lb dumbells max for bench... His name is Mike Van Wyck. Look up his training videos. The weights are tiny, but I assure you hes feeling them and it ****ing hurts. He was trained by Darren Oliver who was regarded as Ontarios top bodybuilding trainer, who was known for anhillating guys with light weights.
    Well said. And RIP Darren Oliver, I go to the gym he was at and have heard nothing but good about him.

Wayacrucis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wayacrucis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wayacrucis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wayacrucis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wayacrucis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wayacrucis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wayacrucis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wayacrucis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wayacrucis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wayacrucis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wayacrucis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I see what you're saying, but Mike van wyck also has a video of himself incline pressing 200lbs dumbells on an incline bench. He didn't get his chest mass but pressing 100lbs dumbells. If I can handle 115 x8 on flat with a full rom, a pro can do 150+ perfect form for 10+ reps.

RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

No lats? I can't really tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree, he is missing development of the lower lats, same as roelly
    tattoos - http://facepolution.deviantart.com/

Back From Construction... Hardbody316's Avatar
    Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

not sure if serious with some of your post..

50_70 pound skull crushers? i could rep that all day for over 20 reps strict form..thats fine if u wanna stay toned and what not..but if you wanna put on size and shock your muscles those high reps are only gonna get u so far.

and just because u see a pro do it in a few videos doesnt mean thats how they always train..there are vids of kai just benching 225 then other vidoes hes blasting out 500 pounds.

do i have brotential BartPimpson's Avatar
    BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    He looks off-season. He's f*cked if this is him 4 weeks out.
    We're dodging more ninjitsu attacks than Flex Wheeler. We're ducking more bullets than George Farah. We're facing more death than a kid leg pressing at Branch Warren's gym.

You can't stop us. You can't hold us back.

IFBB brahs über alles.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    brutal workout. Doesn't look 4 weeks out though.

Originally Posted by Wayacrucis View Post
    I see what you're saying, but Mike van wyck also has a video of himself incline pressing 200lbs dumbells on an incline bench. He didn't get his chest mass but pressing 100lbs dumbells. If I can handle 115 x8 on flat with a full rom, a pro can do 150+ perfect form for 10+ reps.
    Yes and ask Mike now if he would ever do that again. He tore his pec doing that. He had to take off a long ass time because of that and now has a gap in his pecs that he has to hide with his posing.

Some pros have big egos and will still lift heavy and some pros will lift heavy for the camera only.

You may have great ROM on a given movement, that doesnt mean that you are activating a muscle to its maximum potential. Theres a certain aspect of muscle activation that cant really be seen, its mostly self taught. Its that mind muscle connection taken to an extreme. I guarantee you I could do 50 lbs dumbell curls and to you they would look like my 30 lb dumbell curls. I also guarantee you that I want to scream at the end of the 30. Every training style works. But there are pros and cons to each, this one has the least cons and most pros, especially for a bodybuilder. Obviously as a football player, powerlifter or strongman you need to train much differently.

Originally Posted by Hardbody316 View Post
    not sure if serious with some of your post..

50_70 pound skull crushers? i could rep that all day for over 20 reps strict form..thats fine if u wanna stay toned and what not..but if you wanna put on size and shock your muscles those high reps are only gonna get u so far.

and just because u see a pro do it in a few videos doesnt mean thats how they always train..there are vids of kai just benching 225 then other vidoes hes blasting out 500 pounds.
    Im serious man. Look at how Jay Cutler has been training. He is always knocked for his low weights, do you think he couldnt slap on 450 or 500 on the bench and rep it out? Do you think he cant handle 6 plate squats? Why does he choose to do 2 or 3 plate bench and 3 plate squats? Because he is one of the smartest bodybuilders around. He makes that weight hurt more than a guy like roelly squatting 7 plates. Weight is not known to the muscle, you can get weight up or you can squeeze weight up, contract hard at the peak of the movement, fight it down, let it stretch the muscle as much as possible, then you relax the muscle for a split second so that you have to engage a full contraction to start the movement again. Its not easy to lift like this and takes many years to perfect, but more so it requires the lifter to ditch the ego.

Ive squatted 5 plates for reps, ive deadlifted 545 like 6 years ago lol. Ive benched 3 plates with good form. This is all in my past when I was way smaller. I could probably trump these numbers if you gave me 2 or 3 weeks. But yes I can fail with dumbell curls with the 25's at arouund 10 reps. I should mention that with this training style I am taking pretty short rest times which also impacts the amount of weight you can use.

Ive been training this way for 4 months. I have since then went from 230 to 265. I have leg separation and abs still. All my elbow and wrist pain is non existant. My shoulder pain went down by atleast half. I never have sciatic nerve impingment like before. My knees hurt but due to my bodyweight, not to my training like before. I am able to isolate my chest which has grown more than ever, as it was a big weak point before. My back is growing in areas that it has not with a heavier training style... As I said, so many pros. The one con that I dont really care about is that 200 lb dudes do 50% more weight and look at me like im kidding around. Then I see their decent arms, but flat as a door pecs and have a good laugh.

Back From Construction... Hardbody316's Avatar
    Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im serious man. Look at how Jay Cutler has been training. He is always knocked for his low weights, do you think he couldnt slap on 450 or 500 on the bench and rep it out? Do you think he cant handle 6 plate squats? Why does he choose to do 2 or 3 plate bench and 3 plate squats? Because he is one of the smartest bodybuilders around. He makes that weight hurt more than a guy like roelly squatting 7 plates. Weight is not known to the muscle, you can get weight up or you can squeeze weight up, contract hard at the peak of the movement, fight it down, let it stretch the muscle as much as possible, then you relax the muscle for a split second so that you have to engage a full contraction to start the movement again. Its not easy to lift like this and takes many years to perfect, but more so it requires the lifter to ditch the ego.

Ive squatted 5 plates for reps, ive deadlifted 545 like 6 years ago lol. Ive benched 3 plates with good form. This is all in my past when I was way smaller. I could probably trump these numbers if you gave me 2 or 3 weeks. But yes I can fail with dumbell curls with the 25's at arouund 10 reps. I should mention that with this training style I am taking pretty short rest times which also impacts the amount of weight you can use.

Ive been training this way for 4 months. I have since then went from 230 to 265. I have leg separation and abs still. All my elbow and wrist pain is non existant. My shoulder pain went down by atleast half. I never have sciatic nerve impingment like before. My knees hurt but due to my bodyweight, not to my training like before. I am able to isolate my chest which has grown more than ever, as it was a big weak point before. My back is growing in areas that it has not with a heavier training style... As I said, so many pros. The one con that I dont really care about is that 200 lb dudes do 50% more weight and look at me like im kidding around. Then I see their decent arms, but flat as a door pecs and have a good laugh.
    Listen i understand what your saying..but you are talking about people who are already 300 pounds...if you think some newb who is 130 pounds and wants to pack on muscle and bulk up is going to get there by curling 20 pound dumbells every workout and screwing around with 50 pound dumbells on chest day for years is gonna get them to where they wanna be then you are mistaken

MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^ Nothing builds muscle like a good heavy weight IMO
    I Discovered A Meal Between Breakfast And Brunch

Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MaKaiser View Post
    ^ Nothing builds muscle like a good heavy weight IMO
    Progressive overload is the key especially if you have the form down. I agree with Hardbody completely.
    Grainy hardcore religious slabs of thick dense muscle. So grainy that it hurts your eyes

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Progressive overload is needed...but intensity (the amount of weight you lift, or rather the % of your 1RM) is only *one* variable that you can look at. Rest time between sets is another, volume is another, doing more reps with the same weight or adding more sets. According to Layne Norton,he said in some interview on youtube somewhere that the number one variable most associated with hypertrophy is volume (though he still advocates lifting heavy as well, like with his power/hypertrophy split). You don't have to be lifting heavy all the time for every set of every workout.

Anyways, I think the mind/muscle connection is very important as mentioned, and one thing someone could do is stick with the same weight but squeeze each rep harder, resist the negative a little more, etc. And yes you can build muscle that way. My chest looks better than it has in a while and I'm DB pressing 50s right now (will soon be moving to 60s though). The most I've done for 4 or 6 reps was the 70s. There's also stuff like pre-exhaustion that you can use (like doing flyes before presses) which helps save your triceps for when you're doing your tricep exercises. Just depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

In most workouts these days, I do a heavy set or two then moderate sets and then light sets. I honestly go a lot by feel and am a pretty instinctive trainer. Since I've started doing this, I've also noticed even better pumps than usual. After a certain point, doing more heavy sets just impedes your mind/muscle connection and you're no longer really getting the most out of an exercise. If I feel a set is too heavy to feel the muscle working the most it can, I lower the weight.

Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just so you guys know, this video is a few weeks old.
    Warrior In Training