Trooper89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pre-workout.. right before bed?

Hi.. I'm new. Anyway. Been looking through the forum and seen some good suggestions, but I've never used PWOs before, and I've got an interesting dilemma.

I work at night, 10 hour shift. I prefer to work out on an empty stomach, so I hit the gym in the afternoon right after I wake up. Then I go to work, blah blah blah, go home and go right to bed. I'm not satisfied with my progress, but doing a heavy-duty workout in the afternoon makes me very tired when I go to work.. not a great way to start the day. Then when I leave work, I'm usually dog-tired.

So I have two options: A) find a PWO (or anything other than sugared-up energy drinks!) that will keep me going through the night, or B) find a PWO that will give me enough energy to workout hard in the morning, but not keep me awake afterward. Personally I prefer option B, because that gives me the ability to work out twice a day.

If it helps, this is my gym routine: right after waking up, weighted pullups and dips, 5x week. Lunch break, 3 maximum effort sets of pushups, 5x week. Second workout (3-4x week) would be a CrossFit style metcon.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you want to lift after work and before bed you could try something non-stim. Things like Clout, Ultima, Hemavol, Focus XT, and Protocol can really give you a boost but not stim you out so you can't sleep.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hows your stim sensitivity level?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sometimes I can take a pre wokrout, lift, then sleep right after, some days I stay up til I see the sun rise.

Trooper89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    Hows your stim sensitivity level?
    Average, I would assume. I've had caffeinated beverages my entire life, and an occasional energy drink.

Braco1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braco1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braco1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braco1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braco1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braco1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braco1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braco1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braco1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braco1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braco1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Check out DILATE - it's stim-free, so you can use it when you want without worrying about it keeping you up. Pumps and endurance are awesome, search out some of the recent logs.

ANS Performance
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ans-performance.html

RITUAL * DIABLO * AMINO HP * DILATE * N-PRO * CREXCEL * FORTITUDE * HIT

teslation will become famous soon enough. (+50) teslation will become famous soon enough. (+50) teslation will become famous soon enough. (+50) teslation will become famous soon enough. (+50) teslation will become famous soon enough. (+50) teslation will become famous soon enough. (+50) teslation will become famous soon enough. (+50) teslation will become famous soon enough. (+50) teslation will become famous soon enough. (+50) teslation will become famous soon enough. (+50) teslation will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in ur case if u want a good sleep right after ur workout and same time get pumped and give it an extra edge during ur workout

i would buy beta-alanine and arginine separately and take them 15mins b4 workout

other wise most pre workouts got caffeine which will make u awake at night if u workout @ night
    my photos and workout diet plan > http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148067993

Ask me for diet or workout help anytime and i will help you out as much as i can

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Trooper89 View Post
    Average, I would assume. I've had caffeinated beverages my entire life, and an occasional energy drink.
    If you notice that you can't sleep if you consume them close to bedtime, use a pre with no stims. If they don't bother you, than don't worry about it.

I will be happy to send you a sample of ErgoPump (as soon as I get restocked ) so you can give it a shot. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/er.../ergopump.html

(take some ErgoBolic right before bedtime and you will get some awesome zzzzzzz's!!)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by teslation View Post
    in ur case if u want a good sleep right after ur workout and same time get pumped and give it an extra edge during ur workout

i would buy beta-alanine and arginine separately and take them 15mins b4 workout

other wise most pre workouts got caffeine which will make u awake at night if u workout @ night
    Beta alanine has no acute benefits when taken preworkout (saturation/maintenance is key) and arginine is practically useless.