oToMiXaRi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Interviewing with Equinox *HELP*

Hi Guys,

I just got certified with ISSA, the material was grueling!

Landed an interview with Equinox and am pretty concerned because the few people I have spoken to told me A) they didn't get the job and B) the interview process was intense.

Now not to sound cocky but usually I come prepared to an interview and come out with a new job with smile on my face.

The PT industry is really new to me however and the feedback has gotten me a bit worried about this Equinox interview.

Was really hoping a PT from equinox can shine some light on this for me.

I've been in a related business for most of my life, food industry, martial arts, and now taking on PT as a side job.

My questions are;

1) What "exactly" are these guys looking for? Someone sales oriented? Any particular traits or keywords these people are looking for?

2) Is it possible to land a job with these guys as a PT "part time" ?

3) What is it like working for them? Anyone have any good or bad feedback?

4) What specifically might be asked on my interview, anything requiring special preparation?

Thank you for anyone that decides to take on this daunting task to help me out!

Sincerely,

oToMiXaRi

schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schmedes2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I didn't get a job with them but I did get to the third interview. Previously from the way they were talking about things, they wanted me and new trainers to be available all day and build your business up that way. Not being paid all day, mind you, but hanging around and such. I voiced that I strictly wanted to be only a morning trainer and their mood seemed to shift and they spoke about how trainers need to be hungry in the beginning and it's a bit of a endurance thing until you get your business built up. The interview ended right after that with a "we'll call you" but I'm sure that turned them off when I said I wasn't going to be around all day

I guess I was just hungry to have a normal life outside of work. Anyways, just my experience at the gym in San Francisco. I don't think I would have been a good match for them but if you're young, you can make money there. I just got quite the impression is it's going to be a grind until you're there.