pumpinineldo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpinineldo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

work through the pain??

Last bi/forearm workout i think i might have pulled my forearm. I hope thats all it is and not tendonitis coming on. I am on a six day split with great nutrition and supplementation. The pain is not going away and i wonder can i work through it. Ive been using gvt training this month and when i went back to my normal routine the pain got worse. I really dont want to slack off because i have broke through my plateau and am making great gains. Take a rest, man up, or just calm the intensity a bit???

hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If its getting worse you more than likely need to rest completely or do exercises that dont use your wrist/elbow at all. Where is your pain at? have u done any research online about your symptoms?
    ===================================
    Dr. Halid Shokunbi, DPT | Online Fitness Coach | Fitness Transformation Blogger
    ==> www.DrHalidFit.com

www.********.com/DrHalidS | instagram.com/DrHalidFit | youtube.com/DrHalidFit

#TeamDHFit

pumpinineldo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpinineldo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hshokunb View Post
    If its getting worse you more than likely need to rest completely or do exercises that dont use your wrist/elbow at all. Where is your pain at? have u done any research online about your symptoms?
    i have read up on it and it seems like tennis elbow. Ive iced and and have taken some ibus. I usually hit rope hammer curls supersetted with ez reverse till failure after my bi workout. I dont fit any of the overtraining symptoms and ive been hittin it hard every time i go into the gym.. Either the heavy core excercises (squat, deadlift, clean, etc) are jacking up my tes levels or i just have a good combo of supps and diet. Just dont want to slack up while im progressing. This is month 10 back after a ten year binge that almost killed me and the gym has been my outlet through recovery.

ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if its getting worse you need to back off, whats worse, 2 weeks of active recovery or 2 months of complete rest to rehab it? just take a week or two to deload, normally after GVT you need to deload anyway from what ive heard. Keep hitting the gym but just to get a sweat and to not get rusty (stick to compounds for this time and half the weights used), run more, and ice it every night for 20 minutes. And id imagine that superset to failure is definitely straining it so id say cut those out until youre sure the pain is gone.
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." Jackie Robinson

BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Never work though serious pain unless you have something to lose that cannot be obtained again. Period. (I am talking serious pain here, and about ligaments, tendons, joints, and muscle tears).
    Nobody improves without trying. Period.

Listen to your wisdom as you gain it. Rarely are things lost forever. Change is usually always possible. Second chances sometimes reveal better results than first chances. Always look to believe that you can and will be better. You're not done until you give up.

(Bear= wife's nickname for me... Luna= my nickname for her)

Originally Posted by ckleckner10 View Post
    if its getting worse you need to back off, whats worse, 2 weeks of active recovery or 2 months of complete rest to rehab it? just take a week or two to deload, normally after GVT you need to deload anyway from what ive heard. Keep hitting the gym but just to get a sweat and to not get rusty (stick to compounds for this time and half the weights used), run more, and ice it every night for 20 minutes. And id imagine that superset to failure is definitely straining it so id say cut those out until youre sure the pain is gone.
    thanks..your probably right. I iced it last night and could tell a hell of a diference at work today. good lookin out

Originally Posted by BearLovesLuna View Post
    Never work though serious pain unless you have something to lose that cannot be obtained again. Period. (I am talking serious pain here, and about ligaments, tendons, joints, and muscle tears).
    yeah bud its not serious yet so im gonna just ice it and chill out and see what happens. Something that cant be obtained again is not an option..Muscle memory my friend. appreciate the reply bud

hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pumpinineldo View Post
    yeah bud its not serious yet so im gonna just ice it and chill out and see what happens. Something that cant be obtained again is not an option..Muscle memory my friend. appreciate the reply bud
    glad to hear its getting better. Let it heal. You could still lift just avoid any exercise targeting the forearm muscles (ie reverse grip curls) and also avoid exercises that require a tight grip. also stretch the common extensor tendon as seen here: teachpe.com/images/jenny/tennis_elbow_stretch.jpg
    Hope this helps
    ==> www.DrHalidFit.com

#TeamDHFit

Originally Posted by hshokunb View Post
    glad to hear its getting better. Let it heal. You could still lift just avoid any exercise targeting the forearm muscles (ie reverse grip curls) and also avoid exercises that require a tight grip. also stretch the common extensor tendon as seen here: teachpe.com/images/jenny/tennis_elbow_stretch.jpg
    Hope this helps
    thanks for the link bud...

not a problem
    Originally Posted by pumpinineldo View Post
    thanks for the link bud...
    ==> www.DrHalidFit.com

#TeamDHFit