proTEENguzzlah is not very well liked. (-100) proTEENguzzlah is not very well liked. (-100) proTEENguzzlah is not very well liked. (-100) proTEENguzzlah is not very well liked. (-100) proTEENguzzlah is not very well liked. (-100) proTEENguzzlah is not very well liked. (-100) proTEENguzzlah is not very well liked. (-100) proTEENguzzlah is not very well liked. (-100) proTEENguzzlah is not very well liked. (-100) proTEENguzzlah is not very well liked. (-100) proTEENguzzlah is not very well liked. (-100)

Hard to Find Motivation During a Set

I feel like many people are motivated to complete a set to its fullest because they know the benefit of what is happening and/or their general drive makes them go through the workout with high motivation. When I am doing explosive movements such as squats or leg presses, or when I am doing concentration moves like dumbbell curls (which gives a burning feeling) I just feel like the pain is not worth it. I mean it's weird because I end up completing the set, but there is a lot of mental turmoil that goes through the set. I don't know why I just don't know why I have to be so hesitant and overthink it when I know that I am going to end the set regardless. Even counting 7, 8, 9, 10... getting closer to 10 doesn't motivate me. Any tips?

cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000) cjowns76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by proTEENguzzlah View Post
    I feel like many people are motivated to complete a set to its fullest because they know the benefit of what is happening and/or their general drive makes them go through the workout with high motivation. When I am doing explosive movements such as squats or leg presses, or when I am doing concentration moves like dumbbell curls (which gives a burning feeling) I just feel like the pain is not worth it. I mean it's weird because I end up completing the set, but there is a lot of mental turmoil that goes through the set. I don't know why I just don't know why I have to be so hesitant and overthink it when I know that I am going to end the set regardless. Even counting 7, 8, 9, 10... getting closer to 10 doesn't motivate me. Any tips?
    Without a goal its tough to be motivated. Perhaps you have to reevaluate or establish a goal?

Location: Reading, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    AdamTrueUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamTrueUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamTrueUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamTrueUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like your training has become a bit stagnant? Maybe you need to mix things up a bit more?