Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 192 lbs
    anonymust is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit anonymust's BodySpace

Talking Poor Man WorkOut/Diet Suggestions

The facts:
    I'm a poor student. I would most likely not be buying whey/protein and all those other powder stuff. I cant afford a gym membership (and I don't want one why pay money to sweat and lift other peoples property away from my house)

I just realized that I am over weight (according to my BMI)

I'm:
    Height: 5 feet 10.5inches (~180cm)
    Weight: 187lbs (~85kg)

I would like to get my body toned. I want to tone mostly my upper body (abs, chest, biceps) for now,
    I have a torn miniscus in my left knee thats still heeling, but as I live in the Netherlands I ride a bike everyday (and it still hurts at times)

SO WHAT CAN ONE SUGGEST THAT I DO?

Thanx in advance.

Stats: 5'8", 187 lbs
    ulsak has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ulsak has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ulsak has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ulsak has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ulsak has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ulsak has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ulsak has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ulsak has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ulsak has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ulsak has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ulsak has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ulsak's BodySpace
    well, isn't there any athlete clubs at your campus?
    I suggest that you start to count calories. check the nutrition thread and stickie about that.
    Start doing bodyweight excersises like push up, pull ups, dips, squats ( you can use a broomstick and make mock barbell squats for honing in the form) and save money for a membership fee where they have a proper set of barbells and racks..
    my workout log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147657213
    my blog about weight lifting -> http://jsaarelainen.wordpress.com/
    "May the sun illuminate thy path!"

my currents : sq 319 - dl 419 - bp - 231 - ohp 143
    my goals 2014 : sq 341 - dl 440 - bp 242 - ohp 154

Stats: 5'10", 168 lbs
    Koudoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koudoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koudoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koudoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koudoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koudoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koudoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koudoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koudoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koudoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Koudoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Koudoo's BodySpace
    Ordering in bulk, online, non-designer protein is cheap actually, I get mine for £13~$20 per kg, which is really cheap in the UK, (America has it cheap compared to here). Which will last me around 4 weeks.

I would suggest buying some second hand weights, all you need is some dumbbells to start with, preferably ones with adjustable weight, so you can buy more discs when needed.

I've started of with a simple routine daily in the mornong.

40 sit ups
    30 pushups
    30 squats (without weights)
    50 jumping jacks
    5 (attempt to do 5 pull ups on a tree)
    10 chin ups (these are easier than pull ups)

Originally Posted by ulsak View Post
    well, isn't there any athlete clubs at your campus?
    I suggest that you start to count calories. check the nutrition thread and stickie about that.
    Start doing bodyweight excersises like push up, pull ups, dips, squats ( you can use a broomstick and make mock barbell squats for honing in the form) and save money for a membership fee where they have a proper set of barbells and racks..

This seams like good plan to start on...

I also FINALLY joined the gym this week.. So I'll make this my morning routine and then hit the gym on the evening.
    Originally Posted by anonymust View Post
    I've started of with a simple routine daily in the morning.

40 sit ups
    30 pushups
    30 squats (without weights)
    50 jumping jacks
    5 (attempt to do 5 pull ups on a tree)
    10 chin ups (these are easier than pull ups)