shotzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to Increase Stamina?

Hi guys,
    I'm 14 years old, 5"6 or 5"7, 125 lbs(57kg) and I need to increase my stamina. I am aiming specifically for the 400-1500m events. The last time i ran a cross country was about 3 years ago. I was one of the top runners in my district, however since then I have moved country and I feel I have lost a great deal of fitness. Diet wise, I eat anything I want(I have a high metabolism), I don't care about nutritional value as such, I eat fast food about once every three months. My 400m timings are unknown since I have no proper track. I need some routines or training methods I can use to increase my stamina, that I could do on a 3-4 day basis per week. I know I'm sounding a bit vague, but any sort of help would be appreciated.

Extra info-
    My school sports day is Feb 2013 and my main competitors are rugby players.
    In my grade, I have the second highest stamina(I want to be first)
    There is a 50m x 50m car park which I can use as a track.
    I sometimes run up and down a 12 storey building 5 times(1000 stairs), but I don't know if that would increase my stamina.

Zacface is a name known to all. (+5000) Zacface is a name known to all. (+5000) Zacface is a name known to all. (+5000) Zacface is a name known to all. (+5000) Zacface is a name known to all. (+5000) Zacface is a name known to all. (+5000) Zacface is a name known to all. (+5000) Zacface is a name known to all. (+5000) Zacface is a name known to all. (+5000) Zacface is a name known to all. (+5000) Zacface is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shotzz View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm 14 years old, 5"6 or 5"7, 125 lbs(57kg) and I need to increase my stamina. I am aiming specifically for the 400-1500m events. The last time i ran a cross country was about 3 years ago. I was one of the top runners in my district, however since then I have moved country and I feel I have lost a great deal of fitness. Diet wise, I eat anything I want(I have a high metabolism), I don't care about nutritional value as such, I eat fast food about once every three months. My 400m timings are unknown since I have no proper track. I need some routines or training methods I can use to increase my stamina, that I could do on a 3-4 day basis per week. I know I'm sounding a bit vague, but any sort of help would be appreciated.

Extra info-
    My school sports day is Feb 2013 and my main competitors are rugby players.
    In my grade, I have the second highest stamina(I want to be first)
    There is a 50m x 50m car park which I can use as a track.
    I sometimes run up and down a 12 storey building 5 times(1000 stairs), but I don't know if that would increase my stamina.
    400-1500 isn't really even a stamina event, honestly. That is a sprint.

I would recommend doing a lot of interval work.
    10x100m Sprints: 3x Week
    1x5000m Hard Run: 2x Week

Even training for the 400 you can go out and run several 400s in a day. I mean, training for these distances is primarily going to be just putting in the speed work time. Your stamina for these types of events is almost non-related to super distance running. In fact, you don't want to spend much time (if any) doing pure distance work.

shotzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Zacface View Post
    400-1500 isn't really even a stamina event, honestly. That is a sprint.

I would recommend doing a lot of interval work.
    10x100m Sprints: 3x Week
    1x5000m Hard Run: 2x Week

Even training for the 400 you can go out and run several 400s in a day. I mean, training for these distances is primarily going to be just putting in the speed work time. Your stamina for these types of events is almost non-related to super distance running. In fact, you don't want to spend much time (if any) doing pure distance work.
    Thanks!