Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    They had worn out knurling attachment and obviously total lack of QC thus some bars from affected batch had either uneven or shallow knurling.
    They are expecting the new batch coming in by the end of this week. Not sure what you mean by "obliterated" but the tips of the knurl are shaved down "by design" so it will never be as aggressive as on TPB.
    I understand how knurl works. If you are happy with what you see in the first pic, that's your call.

I didn't mean to knock your bar. I was just pointing out something I thought I saw. Maybe you could attach a jumbo version of the one I posted?

I don't expect perfect knurl on any bar. But some are better than others.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 11-20-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You don't have a fat bar? If I understand that correctly I think you should look to fix that. Fat bar training is awesome.

I have this one, it's 55lbs and it is great:
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=114&pid=961

Elite does however make a bigger one now but I don't think I'd want it at 75 lbs:
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=114&pid=898

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Squats49 View Post
    You don't have a fat bar? If I understand that correctly I think you should look to fix that. Fat bar training is awesome.

I have this one, it's 55lbs and it is great:
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=114&pid=961

Elite does however make a bigger one now but I don't think I'd want it at 75 lbs:
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=114&pid=898
    Thanks man. I have thought about a fat bar but that's some big cake. Most Fat bars are in the $100-$150 range. They don't have the rotating sleeves which I understand adds some cost and functionality. I'd probably go with the York extreme fat bar. It has a rotating centre sleeve and I can get it for a good price from the factory up the road. Thanks for suggesting something that wasn't listed, which is kinda what I was after. I'll rep everyone in the thread... except F0rbidden who suggested a bar that is unreasonably expensive just so he could come over and use it

Anyway, that CAP bar is down to $142 shipping in. I think I'm just gonna get one... But I may not be done.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 11-20-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    Thanks man. I have thought about a fat bar but that's some big cake. Most Fat bars are in the $100-$150 range. They don't have the rotating sleeves which I understand adds some cost and functionality. I'd probably go with the York extreme fat bar. It has a rotating centre sleeve and I can get it for a good price from the factory up the road. Thanks for suggesting something that wasn't listed, which is kinda what I was after. I'll rep everyone in the thread... except F0rbidden who suggested a bar that is unreasonably expensive just so he could come over and use it

Anyway, that CAP bar is down to $142 shipping in. I think I'm just gonna get one... But I may not be done.
    I made my own fat bar. Its easy to do or have done. 1 1/2" schedule 40 or 80, with 15/16" collars, thats it. OD is 1.9".
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

â—‹---â—‹ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] â—‹---â—‹
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Definitely interested in reading your thoughts on this one. I've been about this close --->||<--- to ordering one myself numerous times, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger on it.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I vote for the CAP OB-86b too. In fact I just ordered one today, My Christmas present to myself since my wife got a bunch of decorating stuff.

I'll throw up a little review but I doubt I will be ably to add to the one CGC did a while back as this will be my first non allen bolted bar though my sixth bar from CAP
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    I vote for the CAP OB-86b too. In fact I just ordered one today, My Christmas present to myself since my wife got a bunch of decorating stuff.

I'll throw up a little review but I doubt I will be ably to add to the one CGC did a while back as this will be my first non allen bolted bar though my sixth bar from CAP
    I ordered the OB86B Yesterday from Wayfair for $142.60 with free shipping. It shipped about 4 hours later and I was sent a tracking number. It is currently in Latham NY. Expected delivery to my US address is Tuesday. I probably won't get down there to get it until later in the week though.

Congrats on the new bar. You will almost certainly see a huge difference (at least I hope) between this and a hex bolt bar.

Has anyone conclusively determined where the OB86 is manufactured? I can't find anything. A few sites say China, a few say USA. Cap's Canadian site says USA (www.capbarbell.ca) but see nothing on the US site.

I would think if it was a US bar, they would have it listed everywhere with pictures of flags, weapons, Harley's and Apple pie
    Last edited by GarageIron; 11-22-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)

I ordered the OB86B Yesterday from Wayfair for $142.60 with free shipping. It shipped about 4 hours later and I was sent a tracking number. It is currently in Latham NY. Expected delivery to my US address is Tuesday. I probably won't get down there to get it until later in the week though.

Congrats on the new bar. You will almost certainly see a huge difference (at least I hope) between this and a hex bolt bar.

Has anyone conclusively determined where the OB86 is manufactured? I can't find anything. A few sites say China, a few say USA. Cap's Canadian site says USA (www.capbarbell.ca) but see nothing on the US site.

I would think if it was a US bar, they would have it listed everywhere with pictures of flags, weapons, Harley's and Apple pie
    That CAP OB-86b looks nice, for 150shipped I would have gotten it instead of my TPB which at $400 something is kind of steep (Plus drive 5hrs each way to get it!) and I dont really need a bar like that. I was fine with my York chrome 32mm bar, so to upgrade to the CAP OB-86b would have been great.

Really looking fwd to the review, very interested. WT, happy Christmas present to yourself.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just ordered mine as my cheap Dicks bar is starting to wobble when rolled on safeties.

Thanks guys!!

My current bar has center knurl and I assume it wont be an issue if the new bar doesnt have center knurl? Just curious...
    Last edited by wannagoheavy; 11-23-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Has anyone conclusively determined where the OB86 is manufactured? I can't find anything. A few sites say China, a few say USA. Cap's Canadian site says USA but see nothing on the US site.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that this is the same as the Troy GOB-86B, which is made in China. It's a bar that will be good for basic lifts, bench day, etc... but the sleeves are noisy and don't spin well, so Oly lifting would be bad. To be expected for the price though. It's basically a good bar for a beginning lifter or anyone that needs something cheap to tide them over until they are pulling 350+.
    www.repfitness.com - Gym equipment manufacturer.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wannagoheavy View Post
    Just ordered mine as my cheap Dicks bar is starting to wobble when rolled on safeties.

Thanks guys!!

My current bar has center knurl and I assume it wont be an issue if the new bar doesnt have center knurl? Just curious...
    You probably already know this, but the reason some people like a center knurl is for squats--the knurl is supposed to help grip your shirt when the bar is on your back to prevent sliding. Personally, I'm a wuss, so I use a bar pad when I squat, making center knurling unnecessary for me.

The reason some people don't like a center knurl is that it scrapes up your shins when doing deadlifts. Pick your poison!
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    You probably already know this, but the reason some people like a center knurl is for squats--the knurl is supposed to help grip your shirt when the bar is on your back to prevent sliding. Personally, I'm a wuss, so I use a bar pad when I squat, making center knurling unnecessary for me.

The reason some people don't like a center knurl is that it scrapes up your shins when doing deadlifts. Pick your poison!

It can also scrape up the back of your head when/if you do overhead presses behind the neck...and you're bald, like me. That's why the only bar I own with center knurling is my squat bar.
    Last edited by Stasher1; 11-23-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post

I never understood this. The center knurl has never affected me w/ DL. and i pull conv and sumo
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 817boy View Post
    I never understood this. The center knurl has never affected me w/ DL. and i pull conv and sumo
    I wish i could say the same. I usually keep the bar in contact with my body on the way up, and it scrapes the crap out of my shins.

Stasher, I'll have to try some behind the neck presses so that I can blame my baldness on the bar knurling!
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    All of my bars have center knurls, but they never come in contact with my shins with either deadlifts or any kind of pulls. May be if I pull with a super narrow stand (like heels together)

Originally Posted by dukenukem7777 View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and guess that this is the same as the Troy GOB-86B, which is made in China. It's a bar that will be good for basic lifts, bench day, etc... but the sleeves are noisy and don't spin well, so Oly lifting would be bad. To be expected for the price though. It's basically a good bar for a beginning lifter or anyone that needs something cheap to tide them over until they are pulling 350+.
    I'm pretty good at doing my homework on this type of stuff and I collect a lot of information on Olympic barbells. This is what I've gathered on those two bars. I hope I'm right.

Troy GOB-86B

Diameter – 31mm
    Capacity – 600lbs
    Bolted Sleeve Construction
    Centre Knurl
    Tensile Strength – 60K PSI

Cap OB86B

Diameter – 28.5MM
    Capacity 1200lbs
    Snap Ring Sleeves
    Tensile Strength - 130K PSI
    Yeild Strength – 120K PSI
    No Centre Knurl

Cool video I came across as my search continues.

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love my CAP OB-86B bar, I bought it for oly movements and use it all the time. It's got a great knurling, decent spin and a little bit flex. I bought it at CFF last year, on sale, for about $120 when I was visiting Lancaster,PA. The best place in the states to buy it is Walmart, yes I said Walmart . http://www.walmart.com/ip/CAP-Barbel...eeves/19866874 Site to store for $142.60 (in the States), and you can return it locally if there are any problems.

Good choice GI.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    I love my CAP OB-86B bar, I bought it for oly movements and use it all the time. It's got a great knurling, decent spin and a little bit flex. I bought it at CFF last year, on sale, for about $120 when I was visiting Lancaster,PA. The best place in the states to buy it is Walmart, yes I said Walmart . http://www.walmart.com/ip/CAP-Barbel...eeves/19866874 Site to store for $142.60 (in the States), and you can return it locally if there are any problems.

Good choice GI.
    The only problem with buying it from WM is the fact that many of us would have to pay sales tax on it. You can buy it from Amazon for the same price shipped to your door, and no tax.

http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-Po...I2SMO6TZE55361

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    The only problem with buying it from WM is the fact that many of us would have to pay sales tax on it. You can buy it from Amazon for the same price shipped to your door, and no tax.

Ah, the good old days
    Amazon.com Orders Subject to Sales Tax
    Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:

California
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    New York
    North Dakota
    Pennsylvania
    Texas
    Washington

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Amazon works great in theory on buying bars, but I've gotten two from them that came in destroyed packaging. I'd gladly pay the extra $10, in tax, not to have UPS touch it, and with the option of either denying it for bad packaging or being able to return it.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've also been "thisclose" to ordering the Cap bar on a few occasions. I'm looking forward to everyone's thoughts who just purchased it!
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm pretty good at doing my homework on this type of stuff and I collect a lot of information on Olympic barbells. This is what I've gathered on those two bars. I hope I'm right.

Troy GOB-86B

Diameter – 31mm
    Capacity – 600lbs
    Centre Knurl

Cap OB86B

Diameter – 28.5MM
    Capacity 1200lbs
    Snap Ring Sleeves
    No Centre Knurl
    Wow that's a great price for that bar then. Looks like it would be ideal for a lot of people.
    www.repfitness.com - Gym equipment manufacturer.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    for anyone close by, CFF has it on sale this month for $117. But shipping is $45 so it negates that deal.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Troy GOB-86B

Diameter – 31mm
    Capacity – 600lbs
    Centre Knurl

Cap OB86B

Diameter – 28.5MM
    Capacity 1200lbs
    Snap Ring Sleeves
    No Centre Knurl

Silly Canadians and their "-er" dyslexia.

Alright, I give up. I just ordered one as an Xmas present to myself for $142.60 shipped from Amazon.

I have four 7' bars already, but I think one or two of them may soon find themselves on CL.

Alright, I give up. I just ordered one as an Xmas present to myself for $142.60 shipped from Amazon.

I have four 7' bars already, but I think one or two of them may soon find themselves on CL.
    Lol... I'm gonna feel terrible if this thing is a POS

Anyway, turns out I'm going to the US tomorrow to get some TPB's so if the UPS truck delivers before I get there, ill bring it over too. If so, I'll get some pics and try to play with it a bit before I post it here.

Lol... I'm gonna feel terrible if this thing is a POS

Anyway, turns out I'm going to the US tomorrow to get some TPB's so if the UPS truck delivers before I get there, ill bring it over too. If so, I'll get some pics and try to play with it a bit before I post it here.

If it's not what I'm expecting, it'll go back. Amazon's customer service is great, and they're covering shipping both ways.

7’ Olympic Bar is designed to take on super heavy workloads and is the top choice for professional weightlifters and club owners. Precision engineered for balance and long lasting performance. Medium depth diamond knurled surface and sleeves that swivel at the most delicate touch. This prohibits the bar from warping and reduces pressure on the wrists. Warning: This product contains one or more phthalate chemicals known to the state of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm. Consumer may return the product for a full refund, including shipping cost for both receipt and return of the product within 15 days of his or her receipt.

If it's not what I'm expecting, it'll go back. Amazon's customer service is great, and they're covering shipping both ways.
    I didn't see that. Pumped about the birth defects part.

I didn't see that. Pumped about the birth defects part.
    That only happens in California.