BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000)

Ditch the Hoist universal for a Legend Lat/Low Row?

I'm in the process of building a small home gym (approx 14x14). I've used my own office gym for over 10 years and will finally be able to pack in a few pieces at home. Unfortunately the limited space measn selecting the most important pieces. So far I have or have ordered a EliteFTS 3x3 w/ all of the goodies and 0-90 bench, Bodycraft sled, Sorinex GHD, and 5-120 in DBs on a 5ft rack. I have a Hoist V1 universal machine that I plan on using for movements like pulldowns, low rows, tricep work, and leg extensions/leg curls. Lately I'm getting the urge to put it in the office and instead add a Legend 971. They both take up the same width in the room though the Hoist is 70 in long and the Legend 30 in more. My dilemma is not the cost but having a home gym without a leg extension/leg curl unit (but gaining an awesome lat/low pulley machine). After this piece there is no room for anything else as the Sorinex GHD put me over. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BAVE; 11-21-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BAVE View Post
    I'm in the process of building a small home gym (approx 14x14). I've used my own office gym for over 10 years and will finally be able to pack in a few pieces at home. Unfortunately the limited space measn selecting the most important pieces. So far I have or have ordered a EliteFTS 3x3 w/ all of the goodies and 0-90 bench, Bodycraft sled, Sorinex GHD, and 5-120 in DBs on a 5ft rack. I have a Hoist V1 universal machine that I plan on using for movements like pulldowns, low rows, tricep work, and leg extensions/leg curls. Lately I'm getting the urge to put it in the office and instead add a Legend 971. They both take up the same width in the room though the Hoist is 70 in long and the Legend 20 in more. My dilemma is not the cost but having a home gym without a leg extension/leg curl unit (but gaining an awesome lat/low pulley machine). After this piece there is no room for anything else as the Sorinex GHD put me over. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Screw the leg ext, you bought a GHD.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    Screw the leg ext, you bought a GHD.
    Thats what I was thinking but then again when you've been doing leg extensions and curls for so long (on a machine) it feels so cold and lonely without them.
    Isn't there a leg extension apparatus that holds plates to allow for the movement? I love finishing legs with extensions.

Another option from Legend is the plate loaded Lat low row. On the positive its's far cheaper ($1000 or so vs $2300) and shorter by 20 inches. The machine will be right next to the cage so plates will be within arms distance. I have no experience with a plate loaded lat so I'm not sure if this is a pain in the a$$.
    Attached Images

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had a plate loaded lat pd for a few years. I got rid of it for a used promaxima with a 215lb stack and a low row. I traded it mainly for the stability; without a lot of weight on the machine it could get a little shaky. I don't know how the legend will feel with light weights and any kind of a rapid movement. They make good stuff, so its probably just fine. I ended up making a device that went over the rear floor piece on my first lat pd. It used vertical gas pipes to keep two stacks of plates on the machine. This way, whether I was using the weight or not, it was always on the machine....just as if it an all time stack.

Not saying you'd want to do that with a $1000 machine and you probably wouldn't need to. Just saying that functionally I'm sure the legend is great and you'll probably like it just fine. If there is any "shake" or "wobble", there are options available.

As far as getting rid of the Hoist, if you like it and it gives you the things you'll add with the lat pd you're considering....why do you want to get rid of it?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I had a plate loaded lat pd for a few years. I got rid of it for a used promaxima with a 215lb stack and a low row. I traded it mainly for the stability; without a lot of weight on the machine it could get a little shaky. I don't know how the legend will feel with light weights and any kind of a rapid movement. They make good stuff, so its probably just fine. I ended up making a device that went over the rear floor piece on my first lat pd. It used vertical gas pipes to keep two stacks of plates on the machine. This way, whether I was using the weight or not, it was always on the machine....just as if it an all time stack.

Not saying you'd want to do that with a $1000 machine and you probably wouldn't need to. Just saying that functionally I'm sure the legend is great and you'll probably like it just fine. If there is any "shake" or "wobble", there are options available.

As far as getting rid of the Hoist, if you like it and it gives you the things you'll add with the lat pd you're considering....why do you want to get rid of it?
    I hadn't really thought about the difference in feel of the pulleys with low weight.

What I'd prefer with the Legend 971 over the Hoist gym (http://www.stimulsport.com/gallery/g...48436894.jpg):
    1.300lb stack! The low row on the Hoist is useless. It has the feel of 100lbs when using the max 200. I added a plate with bars but throwing on an additional 50-100lbs still doesnt feel right.
    2.Commercial smoothness. Multi gyms have the feel of "cable stretch" when going heavy
    3.Safer (less chance of a break with high weight repetitive use)
    4.Far better ergonomics with pulldowns and rows
    5.Lasts a lifetime
    6.Looks better. Not too important but with an all red rack and bench with black pads a black lat system with red pads would look sweet.

A HUGE concern (moreso than cost, wait time, dimensions) is probably weight. The machine's main piece is probably 600 lbs and 8 feet tall x 2ft wide. We'd have to bring it from the street up a 30ft walkway, up a step or two, and approx 60 feet accross a hall and room to the gym through a 32" wide door.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BAVE View Post

A HUGE concern (moreso than cost, wait time, dimensions) is probably weight. The machine's main piece is probably 600 lbs and 8 feet tall x 2ft wide. We'd have to bring it from the street up a 30ft walkway, up a step or two, and approx 60 feet accross a hall and room to the gym through a 32" wide door.
    Why not just take the weight stack off?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Why not just take the weight stack off?
    That was my first thought and what I've previously done with installs in my office. Another option MAY be to have them ship it in three pieces instead of two: bench, body, stack instead of having to remove it curbside.