Thread: Appreciation!

Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Appreciation!

Bit of a thankyou,

Lots of people ask questions here, but not many reply let alone say thanks for the advice given.

I’ve always been a skinny guy, been bullied due to being an easy target, not had the confidence to stick up for myself, always had “your so skinny”, or “don’t you eat anything” “My mum has bigger muscles than you!”.

Until 7 months ago, I had done nothing about it, I just plodded along, hoping I would just fill out naturally yet slowly getting more and more insecure about myself, never taken my shirt of at the beach, never went in for arm wrestling (for fun) etc and never wore t-shirts which would show my arms if I could help it.

Then, I joined my current company, and they had a gym round the corner where it was discounted membership. I thought I’d sign up and see what would happen. I had an induction to the gym, and the weights etc and went back the next day. For the next two/three months, I dabbled around with random exercises, the old curls, sit ups and push ups, hap-hazard diet, toying with full body workouts ¾ times a week but to no avail. I was dumbbell benching 10kg in each hand (srs), shoulder pressing 7.5kg per hand, could not do dips, pull ups, my squats where with 10kg on each side of the bar and lets just say I was feeling hopeless.

Then, I joined bodybuilding.com. I posted a few queries here and there, read a lot of posts and threads, on training splits, diet, supplements, even gym etiquette! I received great advice from people who instead of mocking me, were helpful, and understanding. I went away, created a programme (although there are great programmes out there, I just wanted to do this all on my own – weird huh) lol, bought some whey protein, casein protein, and now DS craze, and I am so happy with the way things are going. I have gone from a measly 9.5 stone, to 12.1 stone (in pounds I think that’s around 170lb?)
    My lifts have all progressed (DB Incline – 225.kg per hand, push press 35kg, squats – 65kg, weighted dips with 15kg plate, - no weighted pull ups yet though!)
    My work colleagues, family, girlfriend and friends have all noticed my results so far (don’t get me wrong, I haven’t gone from pee-wee herman to arnie, but the results are good).
    I now have a goal set to push press my bodyweight (about 75kg), squat my bodyweight, bench my bodyweight, etc. Although my bodyweight is not much, it is a short term goal, something to aim for, I feel confident within myself, and happy that by the summer, I will finally be able to feel confident to take the shirt off, and all of that vanity related things! My diet is still not perfect, (mainly post workout, I have the shake, but then there’s about 2 hours until dinner, and that’s when the cupboard/fridge gets raided!)

But anyway, I just wanted to say thankyou, to those who helped me, and if I could go from a scrawny, self-conscious guy, to someone who feels happy within themselves, and is noticing changes after 2/3 months of structured routine, good supplementation and great advice, then so can others. I’m currently at work at the moment so have no pics to upload, but I took pics of myself about 4/5months ago, to measure against so will try and upload those either tonight or tomorrow with current pics.
    "The difference between impossible and possible, is the strength of ones determination"

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little"

ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColLoki is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great work mate! Its a fantastic feeling....keep it up.

jdflex23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdflex23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdflex23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdflex23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdflex23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdflex23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdflex23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdflex23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdflex23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdflex23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdflex23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good for you bro, feel free to pop into my log and ask me any questions if you need advise.

Originally Posted by Steve2402 View Post
    Bit of a thankyou,

Lots of people ask questions here, but not many reply let alone say thanks for the advice given.

I’ve always been a skinny guy, been bullied due to being an easy target, not had the confidence to stick up for myself, always had “your so skinny”, or “don’t you eat anything” “My mum has bigger muscles than you!”.

Until 7 months ago, I had done nothing about it, I just plodded along, hoping I would just fill out naturally yet slowly getting more and more insecure about myself, never taken my shirt of at the beach, never went in for arm wrestling (for fun) etc and never wore t-shirts which would show my arms if I could help it.

Then, I joined my current company, and they had a gym round the corner where it was discounted membership. I thought I’d sign up and see what would happen. I had an induction to the gym, and the weights etc and went back the next day. For the next two/three months, I dabbled around with random exercises, the old curls, sit ups and push ups, hap-hazard diet, toying with full body workouts ¾ times a week but to no avail. I was dumbbell benching 10kg in each hand (srs), shoulder pressing 7.5kg per hand, could not do dips, pull ups, my squats where with 10kg on each side of the bar and lets just say I was feeling hopeless.

Then, I joined bodybuilding.com. I posted a few queries here and there, read a lot of posts and threads, on training splits, diet, supplements, even gym etiquette! I received great advice from people who instead of mocking me, were helpful, and understanding. I went away, created a programme (although there are great programmes out there, I just wanted to do this all on my own – weird huh) lol, bought some whey protein, casein protein, and now DS craze, and I am so happy with the way things are going. I have gone from a measly 9.5 stone, to 12.1 stone (in pounds I think that’s around 170lb?)
    My lifts have all progressed (DB Incline – 225.kg per hand, push press 35kg, squats – 65kg, weighted dips with 15kg plate, - no weighted pull ups yet though!)
    My work colleagues, family, girlfriend and friends have all noticed my results so far (don’t get me wrong, I haven’t gone from pee-wee herman to arnie, but the results are good).
    I now have a goal set to push press my bodyweight (about 75kg), squat my bodyweight, bench my bodyweight, etc. Although my bodyweight is not much, it is a short term goal, something to aim for, I feel confident within myself, and happy that by the summer, I will finally be able to feel confident to take the shirt off, and all of that vanity related things! My diet is still not perfect, (mainly post workout, I have the shake, but then there’s about 2 hours until dinner, and that’s when the cupboard/fridge gets raided!)

But anyway, I just wanted to say thankyou, to those who helped me, and if I could go from a scrawny, self-conscious guy, to someone who feels happy within themselves, and is noticing changes after 2/3 months of structured routine, good supplementation and great advice, then so can others. I’m currently at work at the moment so have no pics to upload, but I took pics of myself about 4/5months ago, to measure against so will try and upload those either tonight or tomorrow with current pics.
    -jdflex23

Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149588353&p=977969293#post977969293

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdflex23