ocdpowaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ocdpowaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ocdpowaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ocdpowaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ocdpowaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting Strength _ first day

So i took the forum's suggestions and started ripptoe's starting strength. First day went well , i did my 5 min warm up at the beginning and worked my way up to the following:
    Squat: 3 x 5 @ 110
    Bench: 3 x 5 @ 90
    Deadlift: 1 x 5 @ 145
    weighted sit ups: 2 x 15

i realise im only starting and i know this was my first day and is not supposed to be challenging so im not too concerned about that.
    My problem is im supposed to be bulking and i dont think its a good idea to be eating at a 500 claorie surplus at the start when my muscles are barely being taxed at all? maybe im wrong thanks in advance for opinions..

Also, a personal trainer told me that i wont put on size with what i am doing and should instead focus on a 4 day split where i hit a bodypart once a week "and hit it hard" .. I was like ehhh ohh..kaaay... probably bullsh* just wondering your guys thoughts on this.

DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You took a bad suggestion.

http://www.trainingdimensions.net/td...Reg%20Park.pdf

You'll thank me in a few years when you don't have poverty arms,shoulders,calves,and everything in between.

Spend a little time adjusting by doing Phase1/2; but get onto Phase3 within 3-5 months from now.

bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DerekEt View Post
    You took a bad suggestion.

http://www.trainingdimensions.net/td...Reg%20Park.pdf

You'll thank me in a few years when you don't have poverty arms,shoulders,calves,and everything in between.

Spend a little time adjusting by doing Phase1/2; but get onto Phase3 within 3-5 months from now.
    not sure if srs
    SOHP : 265

ocdpowaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ocdpowaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ocdpowaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ocdpowaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ocdpowaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im just asking can i bulk on SS, as a normal guy with not great genetics ( pretty ****ty ) or would the less frequency 4 day split be better?

bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bogui94 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ocdpowaa View Post
    im just asking can i bulk on SS, as a normal guy with not great genetics ( pretty ****ty ) or would the less frequency 4 day split be better?
    yes, you can bulk on ss and there's no such thing as ****ty genetics. do ss till you get 2/3/4 on your lifts, then switch to a different routine, or you could just do a 4 day split. the choice is yours

DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bogui94 View Post
    not sure if srs
    *Awaits pictures of somebody who looked good on SS*

Oh wait, SS is the better program...even though it's a RIPOFF of the original.

Ok~

*Awaits pictures of somebody who looked good on SS*

Oh wait, SS is the better program...even though it's a RIPOFF of the original.

Ok~
    I'm on SS right :/

Dude I looked at your log. You always seem to implement like 1-2 back off sets of 15-20 reps, do tons of Dips...Chins...Pullups...Pushups...and other stuff. SS doesn't say to do 20 rep squats at the end last time I checked, so as you can see, you're not even "Running SS". lmao

yes, you can bulk on ss and there's no such thing as ****ty genetics. do ss till you get 2/3/4 on your lifts, then switch to a different routine, or you could just do a 4 day split. the choice is yours
    thanks mate i think il do that, would i see less fat gains on the split or would it be pretty much the same? i really enjoy doing the split but if SS is what it takes before i start a split then its fine by me

Dude I looked at your log. You always seem to implement like 1-2 back off sets of 15-20 reps, do tons of Dips...Chins...Pullups...Pushups...and other stuff. SS doesn't say to do 20 rep squats at the end last time I checked, so as you can see, you're not even "Running SS". lmao
    =(
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131379243

I do those when I'm done with all the required lifts, and that 20 rep squats was to check my form..

thanks mate i think il do that, would i see less fat gains on the split or would it be pretty much the same? i really enjoy doing the split but if SS is what it takes before i start a split then its fine by me
    can't answer that one.

can't answer that one.
    can anyone?

Whichever program you eat less on,you will have less fat gain.

lol

but surely the harder i hit my muscles = more muscle + less fat?

Unit1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Unit1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Unit1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Unit1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Unit1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Unit1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Unit1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Unit1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Unit1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Unit1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Unit1994 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Keep doing starting strength until your lifts stop progressing then do a split, forget about fat gain for a while, your trying to get bigger.

Thanks guys I guess no one is really sure if SS is efficient for a lean bulk so I suppose il just have to eat alot and see what happens haha can always cut for a month or two..
    Also what do you guys think of the weight I started with? Is it normal beginners weight or should I be higher for my stats?

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks guys I guess no one is really sure if SS is efficient for a lean bulk so I suppose il just have to eat alot and see what happens haha can always cut for a month or two..
    Also what do you guys think of the weight I started with? Is it normal beginners weight or should I be higher for my stats?
    SS can work for a lean bulk, thats completely dependent on diet.

As Derek said, they are better routines out there than the traditional Starting Strenght, Babylover's Starting Strength is much better, as well as Reg Park's Beginner 5x5. I like Steve Reeves Solution for Size as well. All great routines.
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?

jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So i took the forum's suggestions and started ripptoe's starting strength. First day went well , i did my 5 min warm up at the beginning and worked my way up to the following:
    Squat: 3 x 5 @ 110
    Bench: 3 x 5 @ 90
    Deadlift: 1 x 5 @ 145
    weighted sit ups: 2 x 15

i realise im only starting and i know this was my first day and is not supposed to be challenging so im not too concerned about that.
    My problem is im supposed to be bulking and i dont think its a good idea to be eating at a 500 claorie surplus at the start when my muscles are barely being taxed at all? maybe im wrong thanks in advance for opinions..

Also, a personal trainer told me that i wont put on size with what i am doing and should instead focus on a 4 day split where i hit a bodypart once a week "and hit it hard" .. I was like ehhh ohh..kaaay... probably bullsh* just wondering your guys thoughts on this.
    Although I agree with Derek about SS not being a great bodybuilding routine, see if you could say the same thing about not being taxed at all after you set a new record for your squat bench and deadlift all in the same workout multiple times a week. You will feel dead.

jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jollygenies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just do SS for 8 weeks to familiarize yourself more and get accustomed to lifting heavier. Then move over to an upper/lower split like The Generic bulking Routine by lyle McDonald

Thanks alot guys i might take a look at starting a push pull tomorrow as my first day of SS wasn't exactly taxing and I really won't enjoy ss at all.. Plus I like to do abs on off days which I imagine would be fairly hard since your squatting and dead lifting all week

Originally Posted by jollygenies View Post
    Although I agree with Derek about SS not being a great bodybuilding routine, see if you could say the same thing about not being taxed at all after you set a new record for your squat bench and deadlift all in the same workout multiple times a week. You will feel dead.
    I set a new record for my Back Squat,Front Squat,Incline Bench,Flat Bench,Barbell Row,Vertical Pull,Bicep Curl,and Tricep Extensions multiple times a week in the same session, on a program called Reg Parks 5x5.

But ok =)

ving320 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ving320 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ving320 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ving320 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ving320 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ving320 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ving320 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ving320 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ving320 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ving320 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ving320 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I set a new record for my Back Squat,Front Squat,Incline Bench,Flat Bench,Barbell Row,Vertical Pull,Bicep Curl,and Tricep Extensions multiple times a week in the same session, on a program called Reg Parks 5x5.

But ok =)
    your better off on not following rippetoes ss, and doing another routine imo

but ethan, you know you dick ride the **** out of reg lol, even on gsf
    US Army HK