LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is doing one hour and 50 minutes a day, 5 days per week of cardio exercise too much?

Hello folks, I was wondering if doing about 2 hours of slow long-distance of cardio exercise such as fast walking and stationary bicycle too much? and will it lead to a destruction of muscle fibers, and muscle strength in the weight-training basic exercises? I mean, do you think that professional bodybuilders in their pre-contest low-fat phase do lots of aerobic exercises in order to create a calorie deficit in an efficient way?

Here is my aerobic exercise routine:

AEROBIC ROUTINE: I walk at a fast speed, for 60 minutes. Then after I finish walking, I rest a little bit, and I ride my stationary bicycle, for 30 minutes. Then later in the day I do another 20 minutes session of stationar bike. That's in total 1 hour and 50 minutes of aerobic exercising. 5 days per week

sleep- work- lift- bacon resilience5241's Avatar
    resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) resilience5241 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is your first cardio session fasted? & are you lifting before the second session?
    If it is important to you, you will find a way.
    If it's not, you will find an excuse.

STRONGMAN TRAINING/KETO LOG:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158537933

IG: willflex4cookies

cantgetveins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantgetveins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantgetveins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantgetveins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantgetveins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantgetveins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantgetveins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantgetveins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantgetveins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantgetveins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cantgetveins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you just would not be able to do such routine for long time too big chanses to get injury really i tried once

Sross1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're trying to lose fat, increase insulin/leptin sensitivity or increase vo2 max then you'd be more successful doing something like Sprint 8. I'm too new to post links for my references apparently, but you can find the study if you just Google King Daughter's Medical Center research.

If you're trying to lose muscle, injure yourself or hate your life then you should keep doing slow state cardio.

LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Sross1 View Post
    If you're trying to lose fat, increase insulin/leptin sensitivity or increase vo2 max then you'd be more successful doing something like Sprint 8. I'm too new to post links for my references apparently, but you can find the study if you just Google King Daughter's Medical Center research.

If you're trying to lose muscle, injure yourself or hate your life then you should keep doing slow state cardio.
    I agree with some of this and disagree with some of this.

If you're training to lose fat, you're necessitated goal is a caloric deficit. You can achieve this through diet and exercise. When on a ketogenic diet, especially at a large caloric deficit, high intensity training is not optimal unless you've been on the diet for a very long time. High intensity action necessitates glucose, not FFAs or ketones. In a calorie deprived state on a ketogenic diet, your body will already have eliminated liver glycogen and rely on muscle glycogen. You'll actively be depleting muscle glycogen with high intensity cardiovascular exercise, which in turn will signal glycogen synthesis during and after you're done training. Without sufficient CH in the diet, your body will break down protein via gluconeogenesis to restore glycogen in order to replenish your muscles.

Under low intensity cardiovascular strain your body will be able to use Ketones and FFAs for energy and prevent muscle deterioration. So, strictly for fat loss and muscle retention, low intensity cardio is better.

Now, to OP. You're doing WAY too much. You should create a deficit through diet and supplement exercise in order to maintain muscle. You'll want to eat less and train less, and you'll keep more muscle.

Do full body, low volume, heavy weight, compound training. IE two sets HEAVY bench press, two sets HEAVY squats, two sets deadlifts etc.

If you're training for something either than fat loss, implement a TKD.

LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, your scientific understand and education about the fat loss process is impecable. I guess that is correct what you said that because of the nature of the low carbohydrate diet, high intensity running is not recommended for low-carb diets.

Originally Posted by LiftThenRave View Post
    I agree with some of this and disagree with some of this.

If you're training to lose fat, you're necessitated goal is a caloric deficit. You can achieve this through diet and exercise. When on a ketogenic diet, especially at a large caloric deficit, high intensity training is not optimal unless you've been on the diet for a very long time. High intensity action necessitates glucose, not FFAs or ketones. In a calorie deprived state on a ketogenic diet, your body will already have eliminated liver glycogen and rely on muscle glycogen. You'll actively be depleting muscle glycogen with high intensity cardiovascular exercise, which in turn will signal glycogen synthesis during and after you're done training. Without sufficient CH in the diet, your body will break down protein via gluconeogenesis to restore glycogen in order to replenish your muscles.

Under low intensity cardiovascular strain your body will be able to use Ketones and FFAs for energy and prevent muscle deterioration. So, strictly for fat loss and muscle retention, low intensity cardio is better.

Now, to OP. You're doing WAY too much. You should create a deficit through diet and supplement exercise in order to maintain muscle. You'll want to eat less and train less, and you'll keep more muscle.

Do full body, low volume, heavy weight, compound training. IE two sets HEAVY bench press, two sets HEAVY squats, two sets deadlifts etc.

If you're training for something either than fat loss, implement a TKD.

peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do the 2 hours of cardio if you find that you like it. If you're doing it for fat loss only and hate it, find another method. I wouldn't worry about damaging anything, olympians and pro athletes train for much longer periods of time. Hell, when I trained for football in high school we did weight training for an hour and a half before lunch and 2 hours of practice after school with the last 40 min or so being straight cardio. You'll be fine if you like it. Tired, but fine, lol.

templarpsi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templarpsi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templarpsi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templarpsi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templarpsi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templarpsi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templarpsi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templarpsi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templarpsi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templarpsi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) templarpsi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LowcarbGod View Post
    Hello folks, I was wondering if doing about 2 hours of slow long-distance of cardio exercise such as fast walking and stationary bicycle too much? and will it lead to a destruction of muscle fibers, and muscle strength in the weight-training basic exercises? I mean, do you think that professional bodybuilders in their pre-contest low-fat phase do lots of aerobic exercises in order to create a calorie deficit in an efficient way?

Here is my aerobic exercise routine:

AEROBIC ROUTINE: I walk at a fast speed, for 60 minutes. Then after I finish walking, I rest a little bit, and I ride my stationary bicycle, for 30 minutes. Then later in the day I do another 20 minutes session of stationar bike. That's in total 1 hour and 50 minutes of aerobic exercising. 5 days per week

imo i only did 20 mins of cardio and lifted moderatly and still got great fat loss gains lost 70 pounds in 7 months, if u have muscle on u and a bit of it, then maybe cut back the cardio a bit. i mean from what ive ever learned the more cardio u do and bigger deficit u do the more muscle loss happens.

dalesd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    AEROBIC ROUTINE: I walk at a fast speed, for 60 minutes. Then after I finish walking, I rest a little bit, and I ride my stationary bicycle, for 30 minutes. Then later in the day I do another 20 minutes session of stationar bike. That's in total 1 hour and 50 minutes of aerobic exercising. 5 days per week.
    If fat loss is your goal, this is a good plan. It's not too much. However, rest days are important. If your legs still feel strong the next day (as opposed to the "heavy" feeling I get the day after a long hard bike ride), keep it up.
    Keeping your protein intake up will help preserve muscle. Aim for 1g/lb lean body mass.

Wow, that's a lot of exercise 1 hour and 30 minutes of lifting weights and then 2 hours of football. That's 3 hours and 30 minutes of exercise. You know I read in the book "The Republic" by Plato, that when people exercise too much and feel too exhausted, what ever they study doesn't stay in their memory. I guess that an excess of exercising and hard exhausting physical labor leads to mental fatigue, and robs too much glucose out of the brain. But I think you are right, professional bodybuilders and athletes like baseball players train for long periods of time.

You know some people here say that we must not overtrain, but like you said professional athletes train for many hours a day, but I think that for them exercising 3 hours a day is not overtraining, because their bodies are used to it

Originally Posted by peter_midnight View Post
    Do the 2 hours of cardio if you find that you like it. If you're doing it for fat loss only and hate it, find another method. I wouldn't worry about damaging anything, olympians and pro athletes train for much longer periods of time. Hell, when I trained for football in high school we did weight training for an hour and a half before lunch and 2 hours of practice after school with the last 40 min or so being straight cardio. You'll be fine if you like it. Tired, but fine, lol.
    Recommended books to increase the emotional, spiritual, psychologic feelings of power, the will to power: The Republic by Plato, The Will to Power by Nietzsche, Hegemony or Survival by Noam Chomsky, Faust by Goethe, Spectre of Marx by Jacques Derrida, Red and Black by Stendhal, The Wisdom of Life by Arthur Schopenhauer, Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche, Power by Michael Foucault, Beyond Good and Evil by Fredrich Nietzsche, The Search after Truth by Malebranche

peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10) peter_midnight is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow, that's a lot of exercise 1 hour and 30 minutes of lifting weights and then 2 hours of football. That's 3 hours and 30 minutes of exercise. You know I read in the book "The Republic" by Plato, that when people exercise too much and feel too exhausted, what ever they study doesn't stay in their memory. I guess that an excess of exercising and hard exhausting physical labor leads to mental fatigue, and robs too much glucose out of the brain. But I think you are right, professional bodybuilders and athletes like baseball players train for long periods of time.

You know some people here say that we must not overtrain, but like you said professional athletes train for many hours a day, but I think that for them exercising 3 hours a day is not overtraining, because their bodies are used to it
    It should be noted that these people have access to steroids and the highest forms of therapy to overcome overuse injuries, which do occur. So with that said, proceed with caution my friend.

Also, there's a reason why athletes in school get a "pass" from their instructors to stay eligible, it's hard as hell not to. But I did know a couple of AP players so it is possible to learn and be an athlete.