Ozzzy66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

upper forearm pain near the inside of the elbow crease

I have been having elbow pain in both arms for a while and have stopped lifting. While trying to lift a trash barrel to dump in the yard waste container I felt a strain in my right elbow. I was lifting with my left arm at the top of the barrel and right on the bottom. As I got the bottom of the barrel about waste high when I felt the pain and when I was lowering the barrel back down I felt a pop in the right forearm. I now have pain in the upper forearm with any twisting movements or while bracing the arm against a strain such as pulling or gripping. I have no bruising or swelling. I have been taking advil and rotating ice and heat since it happened. I will try and see an Orth. tomorrow but until then any guesses? I'm hoping it is not a Bicep tendon because of the down time. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Update.. it seems I have a partial tear in the distal bicep tendon. I will be getting a MRI the coming Tuesday and consult with the doc Thursday to see if I will need surgery.

Registered User devilsrule61287's Avatar
    devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had some discomfort on inner side of elbow after tricep dips. Arm got weak fast, numbness set in along top of forearm and part of bicep just above elbow. Pretty much more pain, so I doubt I tore anything, but just a dead and weak feeling. Hard to bend arm fully in since upper forearm feels tight and inflamed. Numbness is still there after many days.

Did you have any numbness? Was your pain immediate and persistent?

Originally Posted by devilsrule61287 View Post
    I had some discomfort on inner side of elbow after tricep dips. Arm got weak fast, numbness set in along top of forearm and part of bicep just above elbow. Pretty much more pain, so I doubt I tore anything, but just a dead and weak feeling. Hard to bend arm fully in since upper forearm feels tight and inflamed. Numbness is still there after many days.

Did you have any numbness? Was your pain immediate and persistent?
    No, I didn't have any numbness. The pain was immediate after I felt the pop in my forearm. I couldn't use it for about a hour after that without being in really bad pain. I iced it for about a hour then applied heat. After about three hours after I could bend and twist it with little pain. I am now four days removed from the injury and my arm feels O.K. I still have some pain when lifting any thing over about 20lbs using that arm.

bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont think they will do surgery unless its a full tear. Even then they dont like to do it anyways. You lose a bit of strenght and a little deformity though. If you are using that weight now then it defintley wont need surgery. You will just have to rehab it well.

Thought I would give a quick final update on this thread. I went to the doc today to get the results from my MRI. I do have a small rupture of the distal biceps tendon. The doc said the rupture was so small it wasn't worth the risk to do the surgery. He told me to take it easy for a while and if I am still having pain after two months to come back in. I'm glad I went in for a visit and got the peace of mind knowing what was wrong.