Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Plantar Fasciitis

Can anyone help?

I've got plantar fasciitis on my right foot, and it won't go away. I've been trying out different insoles and heel cushions, and doing lots of stretching exercises, but it still hurts enough to be seriously annoying.

I had it before, about ten years ago, and ended up getting three sets of cortisone injections into the sole of my foot, which was by far the most painful experience of my life. I'd just as soon not do that again!

Does anyone have any idea of anything that might help? I'm willing to entertain anything that doesn't involve me screaming like a baby.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

jcmets is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcmets is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcmets is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcmets is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcmets is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcmets is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcmets is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcmets is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcmets is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcmets is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcmets is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have it as well and it comes and goes. Try heat then ice with some motrin for a pain reliever and take it easy for a few days. One thing that helps mine not to flare is REALLY good arch supports..my arches are really high and regular shoe inserts do not help at all. I hope that you get to feeling better soon.
    Caralynn
    ----------------------------
    3/2/07 22.1 BF Hydrostaticly tested

cutting to 18 %BF

don't bother me........I'm lifting

Worry is like a rocking chair,it keeps you busy but gets you no where.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks, I'll try that.

So far, the best thing I've found is Birkenstock insoles, which give a lot of arch support, but I still don't want to go for long walks. And badminton and kick-boxing are out of the question.

ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I finally won my battle with what I call "plantar fascism" after 18 months of truly miserable pain. Part of it involved losing weight, but part involved a) always wearing a special arch support (cost around $50) in all my shoes, and b) constantly stretching my calf muscle. I did it about 20 times a day, every day.

I know what you mean about the cortisone shot in your heel. WOW! That's a shot I'll never forget. I had a root canal once without novacaine, and I honestly think I'd prefer that over getting another shot like that.

Another thing - try to really stretch out your calf in bed -- before you take that first step on the floor. Often, that's what re-tears all those fibers all over again.

Good luck from a fellow sufferer.

Ah, very good tip about the stretching in bed. I swear, I look like a cripple first thing in the morning.

I have a pair of custom insoles which cost over 300 euro, but I think the Birkenstocks are better.

When I came out after the cortisone shot, the receptionist asked me if I'd like a drink, as I was probably thirsty after all that screaming. And I ended up with three of them! I'd rather give birth any day.

ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChacoTom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I couldn't imagine 3 of them! One was my limit. Of course, they say that women can take more pain than men. But it's good to know I'm not the only one who found this to be an incredibly painful experience.

One other thing you can try is that contraption you wear in bed that keeps your foot at a better angle - one that constantly stretches your calf muscle. I bought one of these, but just couldn't sleep well with it. But it may be worth a try.

Oh yeah, worst pain of my life, and I've had broken bones, torn ligaments and three home births with no pain relief.

I haven't seen that gadget. Any details on it?

I've been stretching as much as possible, and it seems to be helping a bit.

Any thoughts about things like Devil's Claw?

Bobbio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First post, I finally had something to add to the forums I guess, heh.

I've got plantar as well. It was pretty bad at first, but I got the special insoles (very expensive) and I did what has already been described above. Here is what helped me the most. Before stepping out of bed, I would grab my toes and pull them back gently to get a stretch happening at the bottom of my foot. And at the same time, give it a good massage to break up all the scar tissue. Key word is gently, don't grab and yank, you want to stretch it till just before it feels uncomfortable.

You can also pick up a towel from the ground, using your toes. This helps to strengthen your foot. Calf stretches help. That's about all I can think of at the moment. Just make sure you do the stretching before getting out of bed, I think that's the most important.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes I had this last year and you do not want cotrizone shots, I had it bad on one food, the new "technology so to speak is an injection of "distilled alcohol" I think that is what its called. I went for 1 injection for 4 weeks one shot per week and it completly went away. Unlike cortizone this will take it away for good. My doc is the top foot doctor or one of them in the Arizona area. Goes to clinics in San Diego also etc. It does not hurt and the needle is very small. The injection is on the top of the foot. Mine was one of the worse cases he had seen. On top of that I got custom insoles made which were 300 bucks. Work great. IF you have any questions let me know
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Injections that don't hurt sound good. There's a sport clinic here that does stuff like that (though I'll have to check if they do that one). I've already got the custom insoles, and don't find them as good as the Birkenstocks.

The hard thing is remembering to stretch after sitting down.

le.goon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) le.goon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) le.goon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) le.goon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) le.goon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) le.goon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) le.goon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) le.goon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) le.goon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) le.goon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) le.goon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    from what i understand there is no cure for it. Spenco makes a line of insoles that are excellent. they make many different kinds so i'm sure everybody can find one that fits their foot best. the material they are made of it very durable and will not wear down quickly. fairly cheap to, around 20$.

stretching the calf like a previous poster mentioned helps but remember, everyone reacts differently. so don't expect a miracle cure.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I also wore this boot when I slept it helped out paid about 60 bucks for it, it basically kepy your toes bent back in the stretched position specifically made for PF. I am telling ya no probs since getting injected with the alcohol

Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Injections that don't hurt sound good. There's a sport clinic here that does stuff like that (though I'll have to check if they do that one). I've already got the custom insoles, and don't find them as good as the Birkenstocks.

The hard thing is remembering to stretch after sitting down.
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

I spent five minutes stretching before I got out of bed this morning and it made a huge difference. Unfortunately I then walked 15,000 steps today, not counting my workout which involved a lot of stair climbing, so I'm very sore again.

Ok, I may have found the cure!!! And it's a golf ball.

I mentioned the PF last night to a friend who runs marathons, cycles 1000 miles a fortnight and is a champion kickboxer and fitness instructor, and she said she gets it very badly as well, but the golf ball always cures it within a week.

You just put your bare foot on top of the golf ball and roll it round, concentrating on where it was most painful. That bit is not fun. Do this for ten minutes twice a day as treatment, and for five minutes every few days as preventative.

I did it for ten minutes last night, and this morning, I didn't wince when I got out of bed.