Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Try and Hold Me Back bullrider_IL's Avatar
    bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

12/3 Back Day Even Better Day?

I don't know why, but I'm liking back day more and more every week. I think it's because of the back/arm pumps but idk, I just like it. lol

I switched out WG Seated Rows for Underhand BB Rows because I've maxed out the Seated row machine here at the uni gym, we don't really have a WG Row station, just sit on the floor at the cable machine. Today was my normal carb day, I'm going to start posting a screenshot from MFP this week. I'm not neccessarily being spot on at my carb number, just eating until I can't eat more, but going on feel. I think I was adding a little too much fat for a couple weeks, so I'm playing around with numbers to see where I like my levels at.

Back Workout!

DB Pullovers
    W/U: 80x12
    W/U: 90x10
    Working: 115x9 (lowered weight a little and focused more on the stretch and contraction)

HG Pulldowns
    W/U: 180x12
    Working: 120x8 rest pause 120x3 * added 1 rep to both

1 Arm DB Rows
    W/U: 85x12
    Working: 120x10 * +2

Underhand BB Rows Was only going to do 1 warmup but having not done these in a long time I didn't really know where to start/end
    W/U: 135x20
    W/U: 205x12
    Working: 255x7

This was a great workout, crazy lat and trap pumps, mid back felt good too. I'm going to add hyperextensions to leg day this week to try something different. Had to get ready for work.

Glycobol showed up today! Can't wait to start it in a few weeks!
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~ISSA Certified Personal Trainer~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Doing my first show June 22 at the Flex Lewis NPC Classic!
    Twitter: BRILfitness
    Instagram: BRILfitness
    View my transformation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfpApJrLYhE

BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bullrider_IL View Post
    I don't know why, but I'm liking back day more and more every week. I think it's because of the back/arm pumps but idk, I just like it. lol

I switched out WG Seated Rows for Underhand BB Rows because I've maxed out the Seated row machine here at the uni gym, we don't really have a WG Row station, just sit on the floor at the cable machine. Today was my normal carb day, I'm going to start posting a screenshot from MFP this week. I'm not neccessarily being spot on at my carb number, just eating until I can't eat more, but going on feel. I think I was adding a little too much fat for a couple weeks, so I'm playing around with numbers to see where I like my levels at.

Back Workout!

DB Pullovers
    Working: 115x9 (lowered weight a little and focused more on the stretch and contraction)

HG Pulldowns

1 Arm DB Rows

Underhand BB Rows Was only going to do 1 warmup but having not done these in a long time I didn't really know where to start/end

This was a great workout, crazy lat and trap pumps, mid back felt good too. I'm going to add hyperextensions to leg day this week to try something different. Had to get ready for work.

now thats some heavy ass db rows. What gym do you go to? too bad most commercial gyms nowadays only go up to 120's -__- lol

AI Sports Nutrition jiggamanbill's Avatar
    jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000)

Back Workout!

DB Pullovers

HG Pulldowns

1 Arm DB Rows

Ive been looking forward to back day as well!
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm

********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Twitter.com/TeamAISports

Subscribe to AI's Newsletter: http://forms.aweber.com/form/58/2020557458.htm

Ask me for samples!

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BulkyPinoy61 View Post
    now thats some heavy ass db rows. What gym do you go to? too bad most commercial gyms nowadays only go up to 120's -__- lol
    Uni gym. We have a set of handles though too. So I can make bigger dbs when I need to

Going home for a month over break, will have access to large Dumbbells at XSport or World's. Don't know which one I'm going to use yet
    Last edited by bullrider_IL; 12-04-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    looking good man you have a good foundation. refinement takes time.

what do you notice with the massularia so far?
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    looking good man you have a good foundation. refinement takes time.

what do you notice with the massularia so far?
    Thanks bro!

So far I've noticed the following:

Increased vascularity
    -Surprised me because I thought I had bad vein genes lol
    -Forearms are starting to map out

Increased strength
    -I haven't upped weights much yet, however I'm able to get more reps
    -Upping weights next week

More stamina in the gym
    -Added exercises a couple times because I'm not fully exhausted even after failure on multiple exercises
    -Could probably 2 a days because I don't get the major DOMs I usually do
    -Skipped my off day today and worked out and didn't even notice a difference

Thick and full muscles, with intense pumps during the gym
    -Filling out the arms and chest in shirts that looked big a couple weeks ago
    -Tris look huge and defined, along with everything else. I just notice them the most!

Alpha male metality
    -I am Alpha like every other miscer,, so no change there
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000) jiggamanbill is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks bro!

Increased vascularity

Increased strength

More stamina in the gym
    -Added exercises a couple times because I'm not fully exhausted even after failure on multiple exercises

-Tris look huge and defined, along with everything else. I just notice them the most!

Alpha male metality
    ive definately have noticed increased strength since starting my Massularia... it started about 2 weeks in
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep

Twitter.com/TeamAISports

Ask me for samples!

UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks bro!

Increased vascularity

Increased strength

More stamina in the gym

Alpha male metality
    Pretty much exactly what you should feel!
    UNCnate@gmail.com, B.Sc, ASCM CPT

Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks bro!

Increased vascularity

Increased strength

More stamina in the gym

Alpha male metality
    Holy positive effects! Lmao miscers are so alpha brah. Good to hear about vascularity as well, it's tough to bring out with some people.

Originally Posted by UNCnate View Post
    Pretty much exactly what you should feel!
    Would buy/10 at this point

Just got my glycobol for after my mass run :-D

Originally Posted by Pack22s View Post
    Holy positive effects! Lmao miscers are so alpha brah. Good to hear about vascularity as well, it's tough to bring out with some people.
    I know breh, positive effects errwhere. Today noticed I have 3 bi veins (outer, over the top, and inner) and then some smaller ones coming in when pumped. Forearms get more vascular every day.

soon....
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

12/4 I got a little behind Shouldrs/Tris

So I've been slacking on getting my workouts posted, been overly tired this week, haven't done much other than work and work out. Shoulders went great, tris went surprisingly better!

DB Shoulder Press
    W/U: 65x12
    W/U: 70x10
    Working: 80x7 -same as last week, maybe could have hit one more with a spotter but First exercise is always my weakest

Side DB Laterals
    W/U: 30x12
    Working: 45x10 +4 partials

Low Pulley Delt Raises
    Working Drop Set: 50x12/40x12/30x15/20x14 +1 negative

Rear Delt Pec Deck Flies Note: These are going to be my new go-to for Rear Delts
    W/U: 50x12
    W/U: 70x11
    Working: 100x11
    Note2: Never done these before, didn't know what weight to start with. Now I know. Will start ~90 next week

5 Minute Rest

Tricep Pushdowns
    W/U: 150x12
    Working: 190x7 *

Lying Extensions
    Working Rest-Pause Set: 115x10/115x4/115x3 *

Bench Dips Going to add these in every other week now
    W/U: 90x12
    W/U: 180x10
    Working: 225x7 *

DB Seated Extensions A Lot of focus on the stretch and squeeze on these
    W/U: 80x10
    Working: 100x9 *

DB Shrugs No straps to work forearms a bit
    W/U: 100x15
    Working: 120x10 (Failure) * (Strapless PR)

Whole Tricep workout was PRs. Felt great, hy00ge pump, tris looked thick, horseshoelike, and solid, shoulders were full, vascular, and separated like crazy. Phone was broke so I couldn't get pump pics
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

12/5 Legs: A new exercise arises

So I was getting really frustrated with the lack of growth I have been experiencing in my legs since I started bulking. BRB Calves as big as my thighs. So I decided to try squatting again. For those of you in for the ride on my Glycobol log, I injured my knee, and as a result, I haven't squatted in MONTHS. My best then IIRC was 225x8. I've been leg pressing my brains out for a while, here is my first workout back to squatting

Also, I increased my first warm up set reps to 20, trying to get more fatigue and stress on the muscles.

Leg Extensions
    W/U: 170x20
    W/U: 215x12
    Working: 245x10 * +3 o_O What kind of wizardry is this?

SQUATS
    To parallel, I don't go ATG, not my thing, esp with knee issues. Sorry

W/U: 135x15
    W/U: 225x10 *
    Working: 275x4 *

Last 2 sets were PRs

Leg Press
    I don't like having these after squats. With my prior heavy fcking leg presses, Felt weak as fuark with 7ppsx5 lol
    However, the DOMs I've had today tell me it's a good idea lol
    W/U: 3pps x20
    W/U: 4pps x15
    Working: 7pps x7

5 minute Rest

Seated Ham Curls
    W/U: 140x20
    W/U: 155x12
    Working Rest Pause Set: 170x10/170x5

SLDL
    Was a lot stricter on form today, went for a deep stretch and solid contraction, MMC to the Hams. Always felt like I was hitting my back more.

W/U: 185x15
    W/U: 225x10
    Working: 275x8

Calf Raises
    This Format: Fast reps/ Slow Stretch:contract reps / Fast/ Slow

Set 1: 160x20
    Set 2: 160x12
    Set 3: 160x18
    Set 4: 160x12

Walking BB Lunges
    I really like finishing up my leg workout with these. I go knee to floor on them and explode up, straight to next rep, not pause with even feet or anything, straight to next rep.

Set 1: 125x20
    Set 2: 125x20
    Set 3: 125x16

Who likes going heavy on these vs. lighter for more reps?
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

12/6 Chest Day: The real Massularia test

So One of the claims of Massularia is increased recovery time. I decided today to put that to the test and go ahead and go 5 on and hit chest again today. So No rest days since last chest workout at all. I honestly didn't expect it to go well, but.................it did I did seitch out Incline DB Press for Flat DB just because I felt like switching it up a bit. Also added pec dec flies and an extra 2 bicep exercises. Holy FUARK I am still pumped and I got done about 9 hours ago!

Decline Bench
    W/U: 185x12
    W/U: 225x10
    Working: 315x7 * PRd with no rest. Chit's legit

Flat DB Press
    W/U:75x15
    W/U: 95x10
    Working: 105x8 *

Incline Cable Flies
    Switched doing incline bench and flat flies to flat bench incline flies
    Working: 70x11 +1 Negative

Pec Dec Flies
    W/U: 95x10
    Working: 110x5

5 minute rest

Straight Bar Cable Curls
    W/U: 100x15
    W/U: 120x10
    Working: 140x8

DB Outer Curls (Seated)
    Forgot how bad these burn lol

W/U: 30x10
    Working: 35x8

DB Hammer Curls
    Working: 45x8 (Failure like a mofo) *

Short Bar NEGATIVES
    Rest Pause Working: 125x5/125x4/125x4

I failed so bad I still don't want to move my arms in a curling type motion.

I think it's finally time for a break. Tommorrow and maybe Saturday off. Have to see how I feel. inb4 I'm back at the gym tommorrow doing cardio and do a full body circuit instead.
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

12/8 Back day

Yesterday was my off day, no carbs and I ate a pound and a half of rotisserie chicken for dinner. Weighed in today at 186. So 10 days and around a pound gained. Arms measured at around 17" cold. No pump. Took progress pics today, will get them up in a while. Have to get them off my phone.

Hit some good numbers again today. Wasn't sure what to expect since I depleted yesterday, so I was training with no carbs at all. Just downed some Maniac pre-workout and went after it.

BACK DAY

DB Pullovers
    Working: 120x8

Hammer Grip Pulldowns
    Working Rest Pause: 220x7/220x4 * (Didn't get that 8th rep I've been wanting, but added one to the rest-pause, so still going up!)

1 Arm DB Rows *
    Upped my warm up set to see what I could do, got 12 and still stayed at 10 on my working set
    Working: 120x10

Underhand BB Rows
    I mis-read my log from last week and did 225 for my warm up vs. 205 last week 12 felt good, working set was a lot harder though
    W/U: 225x12
    Working: 245x7

Machine Hyperextensions
    New go-to low back exercise. Will do deadlifts on leg day and lighter SLDLs in my Ham workout for a couple weeks I think
    Working: 200x10 (Full stack) *

All in all it was an awesome workout, I think the lifts going up even depleted goes to show how good Massularia is. I was literally the first person in the gym this morning, I always forget that they don't open till 9 on Saturdays haha. Was sitting outside waiting for the doors to open.

On a side note- For those looking for a good tasting weight gainer that isn't totally loaded down with calories, I got a tub of Universal Real Gains in a giveaway thread and the Cookies and Cream is amazing. Even comes with real cookie pieces in it!
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Yesterday was my off day, no carbs and I ate a pound and a half of rotisserie chicken for dinner. Weighed in today at 186. So 10 days and around a pound gained. Arms measured at around 17" cold. No pump. Took progress pics today, will get them up in a while. Have to get them off my phone.

Hit some good numbers again today. Wasn't sure what to expect since I depleted yesterday, so I was training with no carbs at all. Just downed some Maniac pre-workout and went after it.

BACK DAY

DB Pullovers
    Working: 120x8

Hammer Grip Pulldowns
    Working Rest Pause: 220x7/220x4 * (Didn't get that 8th rep I've been wanting, but added one to the rest-pause, so still going up!)

1 Arm DB Rows *
    Upped my warm up set to see what I could do, got 12 and still stayed at 10 on my working set
    Working: 120x10

Underhand BB Rows
    I mis-read my log from last week and did 225 for my warm up vs. 205 last week 12 felt good, working set was a lot harder though
    Working: 245x7

Machine Hyperextensions
    New go-to low back exercise. Will do deadlifts on leg day and lighter SLDLs in my Ham workout for a couple weeks I think
    Working: 200x10 (Full stack) *

All in all it was an awesome workout, I think the lifts going up even depleted goes to show how good Massularia is. I was literally the first person in the gym this morning, I always forget that they don't open till 9 on Saturdays haha. Was sitting outside waiting for the doors to open.

On a side note- For those looking for a good tasting weight gainer that isn't totally loaded down with calories, I got a tub of Universal Real Gains in a giveaway thread and the Cookies and Cream is amazing. Even comes with real cookie pieces in it!
    Workout looked good!
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep

Twitter.com/TeamAISports

Ask me for samples!

Shoulder day! And some Mass. notes

So today I found something new. I have several visible veins running all over my arms. One splits off at the shoulder and goes down the tricep to my forearm, prolly me new favorite. Took a pic at work because I keep talking about how much Massularia is bringing out my vascularity, and even with a crappy picture (iPhone 3gs), you can still see a couple bulging out. Note-Not flexed.

I'm lovin it! I am having a very successful bulk so far, and I think Mass is bringing out the best of both worlds. I'm getting strength gains literally every workout, along with vascularity going up, AND I just noticed new striations on my pecs yesterday. Promise I will stay awake tonight and get new progress pictures up! Early morning workouts have been wearing me down for sure! Had an awesome shoulder workout tonight, upped weight on pretty much everything and still PR'd! Here it is:

Seated DB Press
    W/U: 60x12
    W/U: 70x10
    Working: 80x8 Went up easy as fuark. Form slipped so I stopped. Don't want to get hurt! *

Side DB Laterals
    W/U: 30x12
    Working: 45x10 +5 partial reps

Low Pulley Delt Raises
    Upped weight by 10 lb this week.
    Working Drop Set: 60x6/50x9/40x15/30x15

Rear Delt Pec Deck Flies
    W/U: 100x12
    Working: 115x8 *

Tricep Pushdowns
    W/U: 150x12
    Working: 190x12 * (+5 from last week-WOW!)

Lying Tricep Extensions
    Upped Working set to 120
    Working Rest-Pause Set: 120x8/4/4 * (Upped weight by 5 lbs, and was only 1 rep lower than I was at 115)

Bench Dips
    Working: 225x8 *

DB Seated Extensions
    Upped by 5 lb
    Working: 105x8 *

Barbell Shrugs
    W/U: 315x10
    Working Rest Pause: 405x8/6/6

I have GOT to bring my traps up dang it. Hopefully going heavy on these will help. I'm doing 5 second peak holds and then slow negatives every set.
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pack22s is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Heavy shrugs shocked my traps into growth. Now I just focus on contractions with dumbell shrugs. Vascularity looks great man, massularia is doing its job.

tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn bro, some extremely impressive decline bench numbers at your weight. Love to see a video!!
    VELOCITY NUTRITION

Gym Rock Music - Spotify Playlist
    27k followers, 300+ songs

Heavy shrugs shocked my traps into growth. Now I just focus on contractions with dumbell shrugs. Vascularity looks great man, massularia is doing its job.
    Do you like BB shrugs for growth? I was thinking the same thing-I can go heavier with BB shrugs, so it could start shock some growth possibly.
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Originally Posted by tmd17 View Post
    Damn bro, some extremely impressive decline bench numbers at your weight. Love to see a video!!
    Going to try to get one done in the next week. Hard to get a video when I'm the only one in the gym though lol. Usually grab the other early riser for a spot. I'll have to figure something out to get a good video!
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I noticed a change in mine when I changed from BB to DB rows.
    UNCnate@gmail.com, B.Sc, ASCM CPT

I can go heavy on DB shrugs but they haven't ever grown well. Hoping BB will work for growth. May try the trap machine thing too. Would working them more often (2-3x/week) be ok or do they need more time to recover? I know that worked for calves. Don't know about traps...
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

I've always felt those more in my lower lat. Yates rows really grow my traps.
    I can go heavy on DB shrugs but they haven't ever grown well. Hoping BB will work for growth. May try the trap machine thing too. Would working them more often (2-3x/week) be ok or do they need more time to recover? I know that worked for calves. Don't know about traps...
    The thing with traps is that they get worked all the time, be it with deadlifts, shoulder day, back day. Personally I've found that 6 high weight sets of 6-12 reps per week really work for growth.

Calves are entirely different in my opinion. Calves grow with frequency and high reps, whereas traps need their rest just like any other large muscle.

The thing with traps is that they get worked all the time, be it with deadlifts, shoulder day, back day. Personally I've found that 6 high weight sets of 6-12 reps per week really work for growth.

Calves are entirely different in my opinion. Calves grow with frequency and high reps, whereas traps need their rest just like any other large muscle.
    Makes sense. Do you prefer long contractions with slow negatives or more of a higher rep speed? I've heard people argue for both sides. like a 2/5/5 tempo vs 2/2/2?

I'll have to look at Yates rows. I'm unfamiliar. Probably know what they are, just can't think of it lol

Edit: That's how I do BB rows lol
    Last edited by bullrider_IL; 12-09-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Makes sense. Do you prefer long contractions with slow negatives or more of a higher rep speed? I've heard people argue for both sides. like a 2/5/5 tempo vs 2/2/2?

I'll have to look at Yates rows. I'm unfamiliar. Probably know what they are, just can't think of it lol

Edit: That's how I do BB rows lol
    I still alter all groups between higher reps, slower speeds, etc.... so my body keeps guessing
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep

Twitter.com/TeamAISports

Ask me for samples!

BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkyPinoy61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

calves has always been my lagging body part, I've been hitting them every 3rd day and they're finally growing lol

~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Originally Posted by jiggamanbill View Post
    I still alter all groups between higher reps, slower speeds, etc.... so my body keeps guessing
    Yeah, I am getting ready to start 8x8 for a while. Bout done with my 6 week run of Blood and Guts, gonna move to a high volume/intensity program for a bit. Going from a 7 set chest day to a 50 set chest day is gonna be weird as heck lol

Originally Posted by BulkyPinoy61 View Post
    calves has always been my lagging body part, I've been hitting them every 3rd day and they're finally growing lol
    I hit them daily for like 4 weeks and got an inch and a half on mine. Alternated between seated calf raises, standing calf raises, and calf presses. Arnold trained calves every day. They don't take the rocovery time of large muscles ;-)

Back shot:

~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Yeah, I am getting ready to start 8x8 for a while. Bout done with my 6 week run of Blood and Guts, gonna move to a high volume/intensity program for a bit. Going from a 7 set chest day to a 50 set chest day is gonna be weird as heck lol

I hit them daily for like 4 weeks and got an inch and a half on mine. Alternated between seated calf raises, standing calf raises, and calf presses. Arnold trained calves every day. They don't take the rocovery time of large muscles ;-)

Back shot:

back is looking a lot bigger
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep

Twitter.com/TeamAISports

Ask me for samples!

Originally Posted by jiggamanbill View Post
    back is looking a lot bigger
    Remember how tiny I was first log? lol
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~