ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Squat form check please.

Hey just finished my workout and decided to finally upload a video of my squats for review. Started SS/cutting phase 3 weeks ago, so I'm new to the big compound exercises. Trying to get the fundamentals down while cutting so that way when it comes time to bulk I'll be all set. Plus I don't want to get hurt.

My concerns are:
    -Obvious buttwink. Did some reading about that, trying to figure out how to improve it. Is mine really bad? Is it dangerous and should I avoid squatting until I improve it?
    -I don't lock out my legs at the top, is that a problem? My legs don't feel that tense at the top of each rep.
    -Back angle to the ground. I've watched tons of form videos and I obviously watched my own, but for some reason I can't tell if it's right. Would like a second opinion on it. Also at the top of the lift my torso is angled, not perpendicular to the floor. It's difficult to see in this video because it doesn't show my upper body much, but at the top you can clearly see I'm angled forward. I tried keeping my back erect, yet curved, but it feels like it puts a lot of stress on my chest and it's just awkward. The way I preform the squat in the video is what feels "natural" for me I guess.
    -My back curve seems alright, except at the bottom. If my back is straight, but not rounded, is that acceptable?
    -Anything else outstanding about my form I need to correct?

I read the form check thread dos/don'ts and am sorry for the poor quality of the video. I'm in a confined space so getting a good, thorough video is difficult. Had to keep it short, took my crap computer 35min to upload that 7 second video lol. I also am only lifting 50lbs because if I used any larger plates it obscures the view of my body. Once again I'm a noob, but I'd appreciate whatever feedback I can get no matter how critical; it's all about learning what I'm doing wrong and what I can do to improve myself. If this video isn't adequate I'll record another during my next workout. Thanks.

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "This video is private"

ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ImAVelociraptor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by orangegoblin View Post
    "This video is private"
    Fuq that's awkward...

Thanks for pointing that out lmao, didn't realize that if I'm logged into Youtube I can view the embeded video from my computer... My bad. Should be ok now.

Registered User texas_longhorns's Avatar
    texas_longhorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) texas_longhorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) texas_longhorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) texas_longhorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) texas_longhorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) texas_longhorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) texas_longhorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) texas_longhorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) texas_longhorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) texas_longhorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) texas_longhorns is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    looks pretty good dude

jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ImAVelociraptor View Post
    Hey just finished my workout and decided to finally upload a video of my squats for review. Started SS/cutting phase 3 weeks ago, so I'm new to the big compound exercises. Trying to get the fundamentals down while cutting so that way when it comes time to bulk I'll be all set. Plus I don't want to get hurt.

My concerns are:
    -Obvious buttwink. Did some reading about that, trying to figure out how to improve it. Is mine really bad? Is it dangerous and should I avoid squatting until I improve it?
    Not THAT bad, but you should continue working on eliminating it. I wouldn't say you should stop squatting, but you should make it priority number one to fix your buttwink. Here's a nice video:

-I don't lock out my legs at the top, is that a problem? My legs don't feel that tense at the top of each rep.
    You should lock out
    -Back angle to the ground. I've watched tons of form videos and I obviously watched my own, but for some reason I can't tell if it's right. Would like a second opinion on it. Also at the top of the lift my torso is angled, not perpendicular to the floor. It's difficult to see in this video because it doesn't show my upper body much, but at the top you can clearly see I'm angled forward. I tried keeping my back erect, yet curved, but it feels like it puts a lot of stress on my chest and it's just awkward. The way I preform the squat in the video is what feels "natural" for me I guess.
    The more forward lean you have, the more stress you'll have in your lower back. However, if you're fine with that and that's what feels "natural", I would personally suggest you continue squatting that way. Squatting is a very natural movement anyways.
    -My back curve seems alright, except at the bottom. If my back is straight, but not rounded, is that acceptable?
    I would consider it acceptable
    -Anything else outstanding about my form I need to correct?
    Don't slow down at the bottom

I read the form check thread dos/don'ts and am sorry for the poor quality of the video. I'm in a confined space so getting a good, thorough video is difficult. Had to keep it short, took my crap computer 35min to upload that 7 second video lol. I also am only lifting 50lbs because if I used any larger plates it obscures the view of my body. Once again I'm a noob, but I'd appreciate whatever feedback I can get no matter how critical; it's all about learning what I'm doing wrong and what I can do to improve myself. If this video isn't adequate I'll record another during my next workout. Thanks.
    See bold
    The more that you read, the more things you'll know.
    The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149723023