samus1225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samus1225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Obese. Doing Broz method. Afraid to incorperate cardio

OK. I'm 5'8'' 240lbs. I'm fat to say the least. I've got a pretty impressive amount of muscle in my legs, but less than stellar amount of muscle from my waist up. Case in point, I've been on a modified version of the Broz method for a month. You know, where you squat your max every day. I use the squat machine (not the smith machine, but the one that's on a 30 degree incline.) And I can do 20 reps of 720lbs going parallel (I know its not REALLY 720 b/c of the incline, but I still think its impressive).
    I just started doing ATG squats 2 weeks ago, and I'm never going back to parallel. The way I feel after ATG squats is incredible. Testosterone boost out of this world. And I do them every day. I can only do 540 lbs ATG, however.

Thing is, although I was blessed with decent legs, I've had to work incredibly hard to get to 8 reps of 150 on bench press. I do bench/chest MWF. I do shoulder presses TRS. I've seen my bench go from a measly 1 rep of 135 to 8 reps of 150 in 3 weeks.

I also end every workout with 30 reps of 135 deadlifts and 40 reps of 135 jump squats. Also, every once in a while I do heavy deadlifts.

I eat protein shakes 1-2 times a day and 3 creatine tablets a day. For the other times when I'm hungry, I mix 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup of spinach, 5 eggwhites, and and one whole egg, 5 packets of sugar substitute, seasoning salt, and crushed red pepper in a bowl, and then cook it stove top with cooking spray. i do that 1-3 times a day depending on if I'm hungry.

I'm also taking oxyelite pro.

I have indeed gotten stronger, but I'm not really losing fat. Yeah, my manboobs are slowly turning into pecs, and my back is getting thicker. And I feel stellar. Scale has fluctuated between 240 and 255 for the last 2 months, so I cant say that i've REALLY lost weight b/c it might go back up again.

I need to do cardio. I know, I know. Cardio doesnt burn muscle. But I'm afraid that if i start running/jogging, I wont be able to do squats daily. and I cant emphasize enough how much i LOVE squats. I'm actually depressed the entire day if I dont do them b/c I dont get the testosterone spike.

Advice?
    Power Level, it's over 9000!!!!!

Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why do you feel you need to incorporate cardio at all? As long as your diet is in check and you keep your protein up to 1g/lbm while maintaining a defecit there's no reason to do cardio at all if you don't want to.
    D3 - Hellabadson#1537

I rep back! MEASLY

My Log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149538063

samus1225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samus1225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Freshnez View Post
    Why do you feel you need to incorporate cardio at all? As long as your diet is in check and you keep your protein up to 1g/lbm while maintaining a defecit there's no reason to do cardio at all if you don't want to.
    I feel the need for cardio b/c my stomach hasn't lost one centimeter of fat, lol
    Power Level, it's over 9000!!!!!

tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by samus1225 View Post
    I feel the need for cardio b/c my stomach hasn't lost one centimeter of fat, lol
    That means one of two things, first your fat is coming from other places first (stomach is usually the last place to go) or secondly your not in a caloric deficit.
    "You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action!"

***Traditional Wet Shaving Crew***
    ***Disregard everything else, acquire aesthetics crew***
    ***Scotland crew***
    ***Texas Crew***
    ***MFC Crew***

★★ The WAKE UP EARLY because I CHOOSE to Crew ★★

Dallas Cowboys. Texas Longhorns. Glasgow Rangers. Texas Rangers.

earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by samus1225 View Post
    That's because your diet is completely off man. Read the stickies here and in the Nutrition forum. You need to get the diet in order (and by that I mean you need to make sure your eating both ENOUGH as well as not too much) before worrying about the rest. Exercise plays a much smaller role in losing fat than diet does. Don't worry about adding in cardio unless you either (a) want to for general fitness, or (b) have reached a level of leanness where you cannot achieve a proper caloric deficit without cardio. At 5'8" 250lbs, the fat will melt off when you are in a proper caloric deficit.

Also if your lifting program consists of only squats and bench, you really should find a better program lol.
    Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517083

JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Get your diet in check (as in, count your calories). No reason not to do cardio, and no reason to squat every single day. Do something lightly intense.