maddogg848 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maddogg848 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maddogg848 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maddogg848 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maddogg848 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maddogg848 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is my workout enough for all body parts?

My routine is the following 3x a week

Squats 4 sets
    Regular grip or Wide grip Bench Press 4 sets
    Barbell or T-bar row 4 sets
    Shoulder Press 4 sets
    BB curl 4 sets
    Deadlifts 4 sets
    Dips 3-4 sets

Is this routine enough to stimulate growth (size) in my biceps, triceps, traps etc.? Can someone indicate all muscles worked in these exercises like minor muscles? I really want to gain size and get swole in my upper body (shoulder/trap area) and arms.

Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Steve2402 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by maddogg848 View Post

Squats 4 sets
    Shoulder Press 4 sets
    BB curl 4 sets
    Deadlifts 4 sets
    Dips 3-4 sets

Is this routine enough to stimulate growth (size) in my biceps, triceps, traps etc.? Can someone indicate all muscles worked in these exercises like minor muscles? I really want to gain size and get swole in my upper body (shoulder/trap area) and arms.

Have you tried this workout? With strict form, heavy enough weight, and intensity? Seems like a lot for one workout: Squats, bench, rows, shoulder press, deadlifts and dips all in one session plus curls? if you can do it and it's working, all credit to you, but to me thats an awful lot to do with form, and intensity. Do you do them in that order? If so surely by the time you get to OHP and DL's you'd be knackered?

I used to do full body workouts similar to yours when i first started, wanting to hit every muscle all the time but it wasnt for me. i couldnt get the intensity after 3xfailure pull ups and 3x10 bench and squats for anything else to be worthwhile! Since then I've switched to a 3xsplit workout (Chest/Biceps - Shoulders/Legs - Back/Triceps) and have made better progress personally.

Or you could split it up and do it 4 x a week? i.e.

Squats, Rows, OHP, Curls in Workout A

Deadlift, Bench, Pull Ups, Dips in Workout B

Mon= A, Tue = B, Wed = Rest, Thu - A, Fri = B

Also have a look at some of the sticky's on the workout section of these forums for ideas on good beginning workout programmes and also the sticky's on the exercises forum for some background.
    "The difference between impossible and possible, is the strength of ones determination"

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little"

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Choose a proven novice program that fits your goals (Starting Strength, StrongLifts, All Pro's Simple Beginner Routine)
    calculate BMR/TDEE and eat above maintenance. try to consume at least 1g of protein per 1lb of body weight. adjust cals as necessary to maintain steady weight gain of about 1lb per week

do that for about a year
    Goals:

1.5 bw Bench
    2.0+ bw Squat
    2.5 bw Deadlift
    Gain 20 lbs

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by maddogg848 View Post

Squats 4 sets
    Shoulder Press 4 sets
    BB curl 4 sets
    Deadlifts 4 sets
    Dips 3-4 sets

With your exercise selection, I would be that you would really like this routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=147447933