Thread: fit4zombies

fit4zombies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation fit4zombies

I recently started working out (nearly 3 weeks) and started doing the ICF/Jason DB 5x5 program that is a sticky here. I went with it because it had the compound movements with the additional accessory lifts included. I am going to log my progress here. Feel free to critique and/or comment.

I found out that I am really weak. I have never lifted before either. I started all the exercises with just the bar (20kg). I think I might have been nervous under the bar because 20kg felt pretty heavy on my first workout. I've been adding weights in 2.5kg and 5kg and focusing on form and movement.

Here's my stats now:
    Squat: 55kg - Was gripping the bar pretty wide and was wondering why it was so uncomfortable. Only found out today that I should have a narrower grip to shelf the bar.
    Bench press: 42.5kg - Although I widened my grip today so my forearms would be perpendicular to the ground when the bar was at my chest and was finding 40kg tough.
    Standing Barbell Row: 35kg
    Shrug: 40kg - I am finding shrugs really awkward to perform. I have my shoulder blades pinned back and try not to roll my shoulders forward but the whole movement feels wrong and feels unproductive.
    Skullcrusher: 15kg - Just used the plate standing up
    Deadlift: 30kg - I don't think my hamstrings are flexible enough for deadlifts yet. My lower back felt pretty tight when doing them too.
    Curl: 20kg - This really hurts my right wrist. My left arm is shown to be much weaker while performing this exercise. The right side of the bar is going up much easier. I think this is putting pressure on my right wrist. Not really sure how to fix this..

I don't have a cross cable machine so in addition to the above I do leg raises and I've been doing chinups too (I can about 4)

I workout at home and time isn't really that big of an issue. I wouldn't mind working out every single day so a split might be better. Anyone have any opinions on this?

I've read a lot.. probably more than I should have. Need to do less reading, more lifting. I also need to eat more. I've been tracking my calories and averaging around 2100. Trying to do 40/40/20 C/P/F

Weight: 147 lbs

EDIT: Forgot to add that I am Skinny fat . No fat or size anywhere on my body besides my stomach and a bit on my chest. My goals are to get to around 165 lbs shredded.
    Last edited by fit4zombies; 06-22-2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: More info

KillianScott is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillianScott is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillianScott is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillianScott is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillianScott is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillianScott is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillianScott is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillianScott is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillianScott is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillianScott is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillianScott is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Take videos of your lifts to check form. Get your nutrition in check. Your squat weight seems high compared to your other lifts if you are truly a beginner, I would make sure your form is good and you are going at least parallel.

Originally Posted by KillianScott View Post
    Take videos of your lifts to check form. Get your nutrition in check. Your squat weight seems high compared to your other lifts if you are truly a beginner, I would make sure your form is good and you are going at least parallel.
    I've taken a video of myself squatting and I think my form is spot on but I'll take another one at a heavier weight and put it up here. And I go ATG on all my reps.

Squats: 65kg... nearly my bodyweight so that will be my first milestone next workout.
    Bench: 45kg
    (Standing) Press: 30kg
    Pullups: 4

Going to go workout now so will come back with new stats for standing row and curl

Weight: 148.8 lbs

Nutrition this week:
    Bananas
    Raisins
    Omelettes with chicken/turkey, cheese, ham
    Chips
    Chicken dinners
    500ml of milk a day and another 500ml of milk with my protein
    Burger king
    Weetabix

Upright row: 35kg
    Curl: 25kg (bad form) so dropped to 20kg

Last workout (after week off)

squats: 75kg
    bench: 40kg
    chinups: 5
    pullups: 4

Bench is up to 55kg although I feel like I can't do as much chinups or pullups now. Will start focusing more on back on Monday onwards