Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Do you guys shampoo your hair everyday after working out?? NEED YOUR ADVICE!!

I don't really want to wash my hair everyday because shampooing it everyday gets rid of its natural oils and then you end up with freaking dry brittle hair. I have long hair and I do shampoo it whenever I get off gym, because its so sweaty and nasty so I feel gross if I don't. I don't use the typical drugstore shampoos, e.g. pantene because apparently it has wax which eventually breaks your hair. I use sulphate free, organic shampoos, which I think should be okay on a daily basis but I keep hearing its bad for you if you shampoo it everyday no matter what, and since I will have more time on my hands I am looking into working out everyday which means me washing my hair everyday! What do you ladies do? Shampoo it every time after you work out?? Would love to get some advice!! Thanks!

SuperQue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperQue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperQue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I go to gym every day, I wash my hair every second day. But I tie it up/clip in back for gym anyway, so it doesn't really get all sweaty. If I'm going out somewhere special after gym (like a dinner or party) then I'll definitely wash it again before I leave.

As long as you use a good quality moisturising shampoo (silicone, shea butter or panthenol in it) then usually your hair won't get dry and brittle even if you wash it every day!
    Sounds like a lot of effort to wash and dry your hair every day, though

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I only use shampoo approx. 1x per month, although I rinse well and condition my hair daily, massaging a masque-like conditioner to make sure my scalp is clean. I have curly, dry hair and shampoo is the devil for me. I actually got this tip from a website for curly hair and my hair has never been healthier or looked better.

izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have quite fine, straight hair that breaks if I wash it too often. I do wash it on days after I do HIIT cardio, since I literally pour sweat. On other days I just put my hair up in a ponytail and use dry shampoo afterward my workout to refresh it. That stuff has changed my life - saves so much time. You need an aerosol one though, the powders and pump sprays are useless. I like Batiste. Klorane is not bad either.
    training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696161&page=51

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey OP, any reason for 2 active accounts?

rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000) rebeckyt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I started using conditioner to "wash" my hair and just make sure I really work my finger tips around the scalp to clean it. I use shampoo about once every two weeks now and my hair is a lot shinier and healthier than when I would shampoo everyday.

Jleef612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jleef612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jleef612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jleef612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jleef612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jleef612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jleef612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jleef612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jleef612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jleef612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jleef612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have to wash my hair everyday whether I work out or not. I have really oily hair and I have tried to wash it e/o day and it just looks flat and dirty. I have tried different products and nothing helps.

caitlinpee will become famous soon enough. (+50) caitlinpee will become famous soon enough. (+50) caitlinpee will become famous soon enough. (+50) caitlinpee will become famous soon enough. (+50) caitlinpee will become famous soon enough. (+50) caitlinpee will become famous soon enough. (+50) caitlinpee will become famous soon enough. (+50) caitlinpee will become famous soon enough. (+50) caitlinpee will become famous soon enough. (+50) caitlinpee will become famous soon enough. (+50) caitlinpee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to shampoo as little as possible (dry shampoo is the bessst), but since I moved to a city with hard water, my hair gets super gross and gunk builds up rather quickly, so I have to shampoo at least every other day. I really want to try some shampoo specifically for hard water (I heard lush makes one but I'm skeptical at $30 for a 500ml bottle lol).

Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do every other day, no sulfate stuff. In between washings you could put cocnut oil on it and do it in a slick bun, very professional looking. Coconut oil is supposed to be wonderous for skin and hair.
    I have no idea what I'm doing, I just fkking do it.
    If it's hard that just means you need to do it more until it isn't.

~DSC~X~
    *AF Vet Crew**aeronautical science student*
    ♡beards♡

BuffBeast305 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuffBeast305 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuffBeast305 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuffBeast305 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuffBeast305 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuffBeast305 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuffBeast305 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuffBeast305 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuffBeast305 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuffBeast305 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuffBeast305 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Wink

I workout 6 days/week and my hair gets pretty sweaty. When i worked in a salon i was washing it every day, since i was afraid my boss and co-workers would know if i came in with dirty/sweaty hair. Within a few months it was pretty dry, even tho i kept blowdrying to a minimum to prevent further damage.. Now i wash it 2 or 3 times a week, depending on how sweaty it gets, if im going out, etc.. I found that dry shampoo didn't really do much for me aside from adding more product/stickiness to my sweaty hair.. I think it can work if your hairs just a little sweaty/dirty.. Most of the time i just put my sweaty gym hair up in a bun and nobody notices..

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, do you have black/ethnic hair? My friends that do shampoo far less often than I.

I shampoo every time I shower. Sometimes in the humidity that could be 3x day.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by royasa View Post
    I don't really want to wash my hair everyday because shampooing it everyday gets rid of its natural oils and then you end up with freaking dry brittle hair. I have long hair and I do shampoo it whenever I get off gym, because its so sweaty and nasty so I feel gross if I don't. I don't use the typical drugstore shampoos, e.g. pantene because apparently it has wax which eventually breaks your hair. I use sulphate free, organic shampoos, which I think should be okay on a daily basis but I keep hearing its bad for you if you shampoo it everyday no matter what, and since I will have more time on my hands I am looking into working out everyday which means me washing my hair everyday! What do you ladies do? Shampoo it every time after you work out?? Would love to get some advice!! Thanks!
    My hair gets washed around 3 times per week. The days it's dirty I just throw it back , usually in a bun or braid. My hair has a more dry, wavy texture and isn't that silky so it's better to not wash it much. I have never tried dry shampoo but I've always heard great things about them, so maybe you should give that a try or just rock your hair worn up. I personally like my hair up a lot since I am definitely not good with hair!

Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I shampoo every other day, if I wait anymore days to wash it starts getting nasty. I have long thick straight hair. Usually blow dry for 2-3 min tops just so I don't freeze.
    Don't use hair straighteners they **** up your hair!

Since we're on topic of hair, has anyone noticed if lifting makes you lose more hair? More testosterone more hair loss?
    Just curious to see. I have seen some powerlifter chick with bald patch in her head once not going to say who lol

malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wash my hair everything other day. When I workout I put my hair up and it's not a problem. I also use sulfate free shampoo. I'm trying to wash it even less than everything other day, but I think my hair just needs to get use to not being washed.

royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) royasa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    I only use shampoo approx. 1x per month, although I rinse well and condition my hair daily, massaging a masque-like conditioner to make sure my scalp is clean. I have curly, dry hair and shampoo is the devil for me. I actually got this tip from a website for curly hair and my hair has never been healthier or looked better.
    I heard about that before too but doesn't it get oily if you just condition it?? How often do you use masque-like conditioner? And if you don't mind letting me know what brand if any, I usually just purchase random brands and then find out it doesn't work for me. I also have curly dry hair but I straighten it most of the time because I like straight hair better lol.

izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Iceman1800 View Post
    Oh lawd don't tell me we are toasting

Originally Posted by izzygrant View Post
    I have quite fine, straight hair that breaks if I wash it too often. I do wash it on days after I do HIIT cardio, since I literally pour sweat. On other days I just put my hair up in a ponytail and use dry shampoo afterward my workout to refresh it. That stuff has changed my life - saves so much time. You need an aerosol one though, the powders and pump sprays are useless. I like Batiste. Klorane is not bad either.
    I've tried Batiste, I even have it but my hair is the darkest black so whenever I spray it, the white powders show all the time as if I have put flour or something on it. It just won't work for me.

Originally Posted by izzygrant View Post
    Oh lawd don't tell me we are toasting
    Yeah, I have a new gmail, deleting hotmail, plus its usually 30+ spams in my inbox. lol.

Wink

See my post above. Idk how to reply to everyone in one post lol. But I am assuming you noticed because of my name, good eye

^^^ I think he means bb.com accounts... you know you can change your email addy right?

I've tried Batiste, I even have it but my hair is the darkest black so whenever I spray it, the white powders show all the time as if I have put flour or something on it. It just won't work for me.

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, I have a new gmail, deleting hotmail, plus its usually 30+ spams in my inbox. lol.
    so you'd like me to remove your persiangirl account?

Originally Posted by caitlinpee View Post
    I used to shampoo as little as possible (dry shampoo is the bessst), but since I moved to a city with hard water, my hair gets super gross and gunk builds up rather quickly, so I have to shampoo at least every other day. I really want to try some shampoo specifically for hard water (I heard lush makes one but I'm skeptical at $30 for a 500ml bottle lol).
    I tried dry shampoos before, not best when you have black hair. I have tried lush ones - but not the bottled ones, the solid shampoos but its really same thing. Sooo don't waste your money on it girl lol.

No way! You have the ability to do that??
    so you'd like me to remove your persiangirl account?

[QUOTE=izzygrant;979629823]^^^ I think he means bb.com accounts... you know you can change your email addy right?

No I didn't know that! Honestly I am such a noob, I don't even know how to do that really!

And I didn't know it came in black! I have the batiste tropical dry shampoo. But that's great they come in black thanks so much! =D

......It's saying "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters." So... I will just copy nd paste it because it won't let me post a reply lol.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 8 posts.

No way! You have the ability to do that??
    already done. This is now your only account on here. Usually two active accounts result in both being banned but your posts seem to be positive and it looks like a good discussion.

already done. This is now your only account on here. Usually two active accounts result in both being banned but your posts seem to be positive and it looks like a good discussion.
    Lol, thanks iceman. Yeah my posts are always positive!! haha =)

I am going to be looking for the black one! I really hate having to wet my hair on a daily basis and then waiting for it to dry or getting it to blow dry.

And I didn't know it came in black! I have the batiste tropical dry shampoo. But that's great they come in black thanks so much! =D
    Np. Now you too can have 30% more time for other things than hair

Originally Posted by Romina81 View Post
    I shampoo every other day, if I wait anymore days to wash it starts getting nasty. I have long thick straight hair. Usually blow dry for 2-3 min tops just so I don't freeze.
    Don't use hair straighteners they **** up your hair!

Since we're on topic of hair, has anyone noticed if lifting makes you lose more hair? More testosterone more hair loss?
    Just curious to see. I have seen some powerlifter chick with bald patch in her head once not going to say who lol

I love straight hair but unfortunately I do straight it a couple times a week at least. But I do put olive oil or even coconut oil on my hair to condition it because it gets so dry and sucks all the oils very quickly. You are lucky to have straight hair, I always longed for straight hair really.

I never heard that lifting makes you lose your hair.

Natty lifting is not going to boost your test enough to cause hair loss. Iron deficiency anemia - common in female athletes - will, however.