Nikos30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Want to be 200+ 8-10% Bodyfat at 6'0"

I posted on this forum back in Summer 2007 -- I was a bloated/skinny fat 190Lbs , maybe 18-20% bodyfat. I did a Cut/Starvation diet for 2 months, then bulked for 4 months and settled into about 195-200 at 15-17% bodyfat. I have been basically at maintenance for about 6 years. Lifting about once or twice a week. An average of 1.5 days a week for 6 years with some small periods (month or so) of intensity.

I am 31 years old now and want to get back into things. I have a bad lower back (bulging discs) and can't really go heavy on squats or deadlifts but will try high reps at low weight.

Anyhow I posted several pics below. I believe I am about 17% bodyfat but have no clue if that is accurate? I weigh about 200Lbs. Sometimes I get up to 207Lbs and as low as 195Lbs depending on my diet and exercise frequency, but I think most of it is just water retention/fluctuation with an erratic diet and exercise frequency.

Most of these 6 years I have had a SEMI-Dirty Diet. Some periods of decent/clean food but mostly poor to moderately clean diet.

I have already started cleaning up my diet, I was 207 last week and am now 200Lbs, (probably all water loss, some fat, some muscle) coupled with more frequent lifting in the last two weeks.

I think my general size is about 200Lbs -- I might have been as low as 15%BF in the past -- but I generally have hovered around this weight.

Can someone tell me if I should BULK or CUT first? I generally am disgusted with my gut and fatty hips as you can see in the pics. So maybe cutting would be more satisfying to do first?

Can I reach my goal of 200Lbs and 10% or less bodyfat in ONE YEAR? Do I need to BULK to 215 then shred down to 200 or should I shred down to 190 now then Bulk to 200-205? Will my GUT be too huge at 215 and bulking?

Any help/critique on my body and in terms of to cut or bulk first would be greatly appreciated.

-Nikos
    Attached Images

some more photos

here are some more photos where I show my fat in the hips, stomach etc.... I am basically a top heavy guy. Definition and some size in arms, traps, back -- but small legs I think?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Nikos30; 02-03-2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: spelling

last photos

more photos.

6'0" 200 Lbs 17% bodyfat? help me here, more or less? = 166Lbs LBM

GOAL: 6'0" 200Lbs 8-10% bodyfat = 184LBs LBM
    WANT TO LOSE THE GUT/FAT STOMACH, SEE ABS while improving muscle mass and definition

Wow, do I really need to gain 18lbs of muscle to see my abs while maintaining this weight? I worry if I bulk my stomach will be HUGE -- my body composition is weird in that it holds a ton of a fat in the stomach, hips and ass, but yet still have vascularity in arms and back. Is this common?

One important thing to note is that I am generally weak lifting wise due to not sticking to a consistent regiment to get stronger. I can only bench 225 Lbs maybe 8 times at most, and my incline is barely 6 -8 reps at 185Lbs. Also I RARELY do squats I can probably not even do 10 Reps at 245Lbs right now. Granted I have not done them often or for more than 2-3 months without stopping for several months or years before redoing. Basically a lack of consistent partner killed my motivation to lift heavy.

If my numbers are somewhat accurate bodyfat wise and goal wise, will it take me about 2 years to reach this goal of being big and ripped at 200-205? Or might I have decent potential if I lift heavy and get stronger with a more consistent regiment?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Nikos30; 02-03-2014 at 05:31 PM.

xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude, you actually have a decent amount of mass.. and your pretty lean too, js, not a bad physique at all. I'd say go cut for a bit, next 8-12 weeks, see how you look, feel and make a judgement from there to keep cutting or go on a bulk. Nevertheless I am in to see progress pics, you've got good potential man.
    Manlet for life

TheRig92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheRig92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheRig92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheRig92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheRig92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheRig92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheRig92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheRig92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheRig92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheRig92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheRig92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am currently 201 at 8% bodyfat and 6'2. Keep working brah!
    6'3 master race

200+ pounds shredded crew

John 3:16

Lift Right, Eat Right, Live Right!

sorry for the long posts got too wordy and too much info but basically i wanted to know if 17% is a good estimate of my bf, and also if i can reach the goal of 10 percent bf at 200 or less in a year?
    Trying to Get Ripped at 200-210Lbs

xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    give it your all and see, that's all you can do, i am sure even if you come up short, you'll be surprised with all the progress u made.
    Manlet for life

theoourgios is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoourgios is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoourgios is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoourgios is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoourgios is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoourgios is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoourgios is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoourgios is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoourgios is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoourgios is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoourgios is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nikos30 View Post
    sorry for the long posts got too wordy and too much info but basically i wanted to know if 17% is a good estimate of my bf, and also if i can reach the goal of 10 percent bf at 200 or less in a year?
    you are 15-16bf,i think is very difficult to reach your goal in a yer or less..2 years is more realistic

Originally Posted by theoourgios View Post
    you are 15-16bf,i think is very difficult to reach your goal in a yer or less..2 years is more realistic
    Hey thanks for the honesty. Yeah, 6% BF is too low for me in one year. But I think 10% is more realistic, which would make me have to gain close to 10Lbs, assuming 15% BF right now. Judging by pics online 17% BF seems a little too high, because I do have vascularity in my arms and back. I just have a soft stomach relative to everything else.

Hopefully by years end I can be about 10% bodyfat and close to 195-200.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think you should cut down to 185lbs and then bulk back up to 210+, cut from that point and see how close you are.

nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No one outside of a bb.com community would describe you as "fat".
    I'd keep bulking.
    Youtube Channel --> youtube.com/channel/UCNSdg8uIH4A1dRey0-Kzdpg

It's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations

DL - 240kg
    Squat - 180kg
    Bench - 130kg
    Total - 550kg

I have decided to do a CLEAN BULK. The reason is I am only barely past the beginner stage in terms of strength.
    Bench = 225 for like 6-8 reps
    Squat = Barely 6-8 reps of 245
    And I NEVER deadlift. Until now.

Is it possible I could reach my genetic potential faster by doing this lifts more consistently? I feel like I should be a lot stronger for my size. Many others who are similarly built to me or smaller can do MUCH more weight than I (most of that is probably because they actually DID the work and trained with a purpose to get stronger).

Also my diet has never been better than a C for more than a few months. I can get my diet to about a B+ / A- by eating much cleaner than in the past.

I feel like SLOW, CLEAN Bulking might come easier this year for me if I lift for strength and/or high reps in the MAIN LIFTS. Also the diet should make a difference.

Hopefully I can gain 5 Lbs of muscle in a years time as long as I stay healthy and consistent with these goals.