Registered User wantstogainmass's Avatar
    wantstogainmass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wantstogainmass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wantstogainmass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wantstogainmass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Full body or split for an athlete

should i do a full body workout or a split which would benefit an athlete more?

niven5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niven5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niven5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think that an athlete should do a full body workout.
    Due to your expensive time that you need to do your homework, get home and eat and get ready to trainings, I guess that you'll prefer to do a full body workout. In addition, in season you should maintain your strength. Further, a split is more for muscle building which you will prefer to do on the off season. any activity even if it's weightlifting will influence your nervous system and will make you tired and fatigue.
    When you train your legs, do it on training days. the other days should be rest days for your legs.

ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wantstogainmass View Post
    should i do a full body workout or a split which would benefit an athlete more?
    for a newer weightlifter a full body program is best, for someone who needs a bit more time to recover due to higher loads and volumes(because of more gym experience) then a upper/lower body split is ideal. full body routines develop more mass if i could keep doing that type of program forever i would, but the body will break down when the loads become too high. i would stay away from 5 day body part splits though
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." Jackie Robinson

NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ckleckner10 View Post
    for a newer weightlifter a full body program is best, for someone who needs a bit more time to recover due to higher loads and volumes(because of more gym experience) then a upper/lower body split is ideal. full body routines develop more mass if i could keep doing that type of program forever i would, but the body will break down when the loads become too high. i would stay away from 5 day body part splits though
    This. Start with full body, as you get more advanced go to upper/lower or push/pull. Stay away from body part splits.
    ★★★USF MISC CREW★★★
    **MISC Strength Crew**

"If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires." - Epicurus

PRs
    500/405/615

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159250211