kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000)

Almost 100 pounds down, zero motivation

I have 8 more pounds to go until I hit the 100lb down mark and begin my bulk. However, I have lost almost all motivation. I'm binging more, feeling weaker, and ever since I suffered a back injury from improper deadlifting form, I've lost that "alpha" feeling in the gym. Heavy deads and barbell rows made me feel great about myself, which allowed me to push my mind and body even further in the gym. Without them, I'm left feeling weak.

Today was the first time I ever quit and just left. I went for new maxes on chest day and failed each one, leaving me feeling pathetic.

What can I do to get myself out of this slump? Normally it just goes away after a while, but it has been happening more and more lately.

Deadandlivin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't care too much about what weights you're lifting. Instead, start appriciating how you look in the mirror.
    Personally I never max but go for 8-12 reps x3 on every exercies pretty much. I couldn't care less if I was Deadlifting 500 pounds or 200 if I looked like a god.

Some things you could do.
    - Get gymbuddies, might not be an option but it's really great training together with people consistently. Imo it's the greatest motivation you can get. I workout with more than 10 people in our little crew and we're all noobs but everyday feels like an adventure when we take the bustogether to the gym. In today 1 year later we're some of the most aesthetic at our gym, granted, people are generally small in Sweden. xD
    - Start watching motivational videos, it can be a downer or actually work. I love to watch videos of Zyzz and his crew(despite his death), Cutler or anyone who really pushes themselves in the gym. Makes me wanna do the same.
    - Are you using music to pump yourself up when going to the gym? When I wake up in the day I put up extremely violent Deathcore or Metal like August Burns Red, Thy Art is Murder et.c., or bassdropping house like Hardwell or Swedish House Maffia making my walls pulse. That kind of music really drives me to hit the weights, could try and find some music which motivates you.
    Now I have no idea what kind of music you enjoy and what I like might aswell be the Devils music to you (hehe.. xD), but I'd suggest some aggresive music that fills you with energy.
    Country, classical or Bieber might not cut it..
    - Use supplements, they might really give you great placebo and as long as you're taking them actually help you out a little. Preworkouts? Creatine? Fatburners?
    Their effect might be marginal. But if you're taking everything listed above and have a shaker with some whey ready, wouldn't that motivate you to hit the gym so you're not throwing money in the lake?
    - Try something extreme? Try a month of VLCD only consuming proteins. This is Hardcore and will make you lose thos 8 pounds in no time at all.
    And if you manage it, you will feel like a person with Iron Will. Managing 700-900 calories every day with the occasional 4k calorie refilldays is not for the weakminded.
    - Try a new exercise routine. There are millions out there. Look up a person you want to look like and copy his routine.
    - If you don't have someone who motivates you, FIND ONE. Find an inspiration, if your goal is simply: I want to look good, or slim, or have a sixpack.. work beyond that.
    Think like this instead: I want a physique like Ulisses Jr, or Lazar Angelov, or David Beckham et.c. Even if you might never be getting it due to genetics you need to have defined goals.
    - Cheat, yeah. Just do it, have some cheat meals every weak or a cheatday a week. Just don't go overboard.
    - Think of the big picture.

That's some I can think off. You could look up Hodgetwins, enjoyable aesthetic looking guys who always makes you laugh. They share you're fate with a extremely hurt back unableing them from doing squats, deadlifts, curls et.c. Still they manage.

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kgts View Post
    I have 8 more pounds to go until I hit the 100lb down mark and begin my bulk. However, I have lost almost all motivation. I'm binging more, feeling weaker, and ever since I suffered a back injury from improper deadlifting form, I've lost that "alpha" feeling in the gym.
    100 pounds sounds nice, but there's nothing magical about the number. It might be best to just hop into the bulk. The change might turn things around for you. 92 or 100 pounds, either way it's awesome work man!

coxcojudy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sometimes, I'm anxious too much about my weight too, it becomes the stress, I hope I should adjust my attitude

kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would stop and bulk now, but frankly I'm not ready to bulk yet as I still appear to have a decent amount of fat left. Granted, a large amount of this is loose skin and gyno, but I can't quite bring myself into bulk mode.

As for the gym buddies, I would, but I don't have a whole lot of friends and the ones that do workout never show up. They are always 1-2 hours late to everything and only lift for like 30 minutes with zero intensity.

Next time I get more protein I'll order some creatine, pre workout, and maybe some yohimbe. I've been off of stims for ~10 weeks and creatine for ~3.

RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What you do now can affect you for the rest of your life. Your back will heal (assuming it wasn't a catastrophic injury) and you'll eventually be able to return to those lifts. Dropping body fat to help skin tighten up, maintaining muscle mass, nourishing your body with the right macros and micros aren't just for the short term. Even just maintaining your strength is worth the effort, or else it's just ground you would have to make up in the future. And as someone that went from 270 -> 180 -> 350 -> 160, I can say from experience that when I stopped exercising the first time I lost weight, my old habits returned but only got worse.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You should be motivated simply by looking in the mirror and seeing the change your body has made since you started the weight loss journey. If not, picture your ideal physique and just thing before you do anything that if what you are doing will help contribute to you achieving that physique or push you away from it.
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

hjsmith00843 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hjsmith00843 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hjsmith00843 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hjsmith00843 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hjsmith00843 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hjsmith00843 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hjsmith00843 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hjsmith00843 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hjsmith00843 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hjsmith00843 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hjsmith00843 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    amazing job. just starting my journey now.

RobbieJD will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieJD will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieJD will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieJD will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieJD will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieJD will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieJD will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieJD will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieJD will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieJD will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobbieJD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some people have said to just stop and bulk, in my opinion, don't. keep going OP, it's 8 more pounds, don't be a ******* and sell yourself short, be the leanest you've possibly ever been. Go fuk sh*t up. gjdm.

Wilko1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im new to this and lacked motivation i tend to just keep my mind on the prize you may have quite once in your hole time use that as an insentive to boost you that little bit more if you feel the strain think how it felt when you quit once just that once and that will fule you with a bit of anger if you know what i mean getting a touch of anger can turn you around alot when you ar working out it pushs you harder and gives you that little extra strenth im no pro but know if im a little angry and train i push harder even with lack of energy

use this thred as motivation that all the people who are commenting care in some way taking a tiny bit of time to say what they think keep that in mind mate you can do it its a bad time we get them in every day life you can push through it like you have before hope you get sorted mate
    Strict Diet, Work Hard and lift Heavy is the 3 golden rules i follow

Thanks for the kind words and ideas. These posts have been really helpful for me. I'm going to make it a goal to not binge once for the next 7 days. I'm also going to order a pre workout and yohimbe. While yohimbe may not do too much, it's relatively cheap and can supposedly help stubborn fat.

BlueEnglish is not very well liked. (-100) BlueEnglish is not very well liked. (-100) BlueEnglish is not very well liked. (-100) BlueEnglish is not very well liked. (-100) BlueEnglish is not very well liked. (-100) BlueEnglish is not very well liked. (-100) BlueEnglish is not very well liked. (-100) BlueEnglish is not very well liked. (-100) BlueEnglish is not very well liked. (-100) BlueEnglish is not very well liked. (-100) BlueEnglish is not very well liked. (-100)
    great job

Well, this whole not binging thing isn't working. I've been going great at the gym, but I have decided to up my calories to 2000ish a day and take things slowly. I've been feeling better and have much more energy since I've done this. Sure, it will take quite a bit longer, but it no longer feels like torture.

Thewood45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thewood45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP I was there, I lost 80 lbs from March this year to September. It got very bad at the end, sounds just like your story. I upped my calories to maintain my weight and I started feeling much better for a month before I started bulking. Also you may be overtraining, so take a week or two off.