jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Deltoid Injury from Flat Bench Press

Everytime I try to go heavier weight on the flat bench press my right deltoid hurts painfully bad. The day after I have a tough time raising my right arm to the side.....no problems going forward or backwards.

Two Questions

-Any idea what I've hurt and is it a big deal or should I press on?

-What is causing the injury.......bad form, weak deltoids, overuse?

The narrower I go on my grip the less it hurts. I've been trying to widen my grip given I'm 6'3" and have ridiculously long arm but it is killing me with pain. It helps when I come down to bring the bar to my lower chest versus higher up.

Sucks because I'm having a hard time progressing on flat bench.

B1RD33 is not very well liked. (-100) B1RD33 is not very well liked. (-100) B1RD33 is not very well liked. (-100) B1RD33 is not very well liked. (-100) B1RD33 is not very well liked. (-100) B1RD33 is not very well liked. (-100) B1RD33 is not very well liked. (-100) B1RD33 is not very well liked. (-100) B1RD33 is not very well liked. (-100) B1RD33 is not very well liked. (-100) B1RD33 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by jones137 View Post
    Everytime I try to go heavier weight on the flat bench press my right deltoid hurts painfully bad. The day after I have a tough time raising my right arm to the side.....no problems going forward or backwards.

Two Questions

The narrower I go on my grip the less it hurts. I've been trying to widen my grip given I'm 6'3" and have ridiculously long arm but it is killing me with pain. It helps when I come down to bring the bar to my lower chest versus higher up.

I would do DB rows and DB presses and do flat bench less and build something up before trying to keep the pace up that will lead to a pinched nerve or maybe destroy your cuffs. Overuse is my best guess for why it is injured, When you have long arms like you and I do, you have to use your stabilizer muscles much more and at the end of sets sometimes we shift and don't even know it. Best of luck to you.
    <X>B1RD33<X>

Don't use steroids!

hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hshokunb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

advice from a PT

It sounds like you may have injured your rotator cuff but it is always difficult to know for sure without more detail and/or examination. You definitely want to listen to your body and not continue to wear down tissues. If I were you I would rest you shoulders for 1-2 weeks. When pain decreases, stretch your shoulder everyday and begin some light weight RTC strengthening. When you start back lifting, go a little lighter on bench press and use form that doesn't cause you pain, listen to your body....check out this video youtube.com/watch?v=c6I0z_d4xqY

Originally Posted by jones137 View Post

Two Questions

===================================
    Dr. Halid Shokunbi, DPT | Online Fitness Coach | Fitness Transformation Blogger
    ==> www.DrHalidFit.com

www.********.com/DrHalidS | instagram.com/DrHalidFit | youtube.com/DrHalidFit

#TeamDHFit