masprotein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masprotein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masprotein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masprotein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masprotein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey protein powder recipes?

Accidentally bought a second tub of chocolate whey online. Does anyone have any recipes that aren't in liquid form? I have tried the microwave cakes and they're pretty... bland. It feels like I'm eating a sponge with a hint of unsweetened chocolate.

enelkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chocolate Sour Cream Snack Cake

Originally Posted by masprotein View Post
    Accidentally bought a second tub of chocolate whey online. Does anyone have any recipes that aren't in liquid form? I have tried the microwave cakes and they're pretty... bland. It feels like I'm eating a sponge with a hint of unsweetened chocolate.
    Chocolate Sour Cream Snack Cake

1 c. chocolate whey protein powder
    1/4 c. flaxseed meal
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. baking soda
    2 Tbsp. Splenda or 4 to 6 drops of Capella Super Sweet *
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 egg
    1/2 c. vegetable oil
    1/4 c. Monin O'Free Chocolate Syrup *
    1/2 c. sour cream
    1/4 c. slivered almonds

Combine whey protein powder, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, splenda and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix egg, oil, chocolate syrup and sour cream in a bowl, then stir in dry ingredients. Pour into a greased 8-inch baking pan and tap on counter a few times to settle bubbles. Sprinkle nuts on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes. Test with toothpick. Do not overbake or it will be dry.

Or divide batter into well-greased muffin pans, being careful to fill them no more than 1/2 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes. Test with toothpick. Do not overbake or they will be dry. I use silicone muffin pans and leave them in the pans until they're cool, then remove. They tend to stick when using even non-stick muffin tins. I haven't tried using paper liners.

* Any sugar-free chocolate syrup can be used in this recipe, but I prefer Monin O'Free to DaVinci or Torano because of its thicker texture and stronger chocolate flavor.

* Capella Super Sweet is a liquid form of sucralose, which is the same as Splenda. Using it or another form of heat-stable liquid sweetener eliminates the almost 6 grams of carbs in the granulated Splenda without affecting the taste or texture of the finished product.

This is my own recipe, very loosely based on one from "Baking Low-Carb" by Diana Lee, published in 1999 by Morris Press.

Registered User JuggernautGeoff's Avatar
    JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    my favourite, cross between fudge and brownies. i usually make it with chocolate protein

Fudgey-Nutty Bars

2 and 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder
    1 oz square unsweetened chocolate
    1/2 cup butter
    4 oz cream cheese
    1 oz chopped almonds
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp peanut butter
    1/4 cup Splenda

Preparation:

Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave. Mix together very well and then add splenda & vanilla, mixing well again.

Add walnuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix,
    you will have to use your hands near the end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder is incorporated into the mixture.

Now place in an 8x8 0r 9x9 baking pan,
    flatten and refrigerate. When cooled
    and hardened, cut into 8 bars. Per bar: 21 grams protein, 3.15 carbs. This will vary according to the protein powder you use, I use Optimum Nutrition as I have found it to be the best and it has 22g protein and 1.5g carbs in each scoop, but no aspartame.
    sub to my youtube for more videos of me lifting heavy things : www.youtube.com/user/civilizedmurderer

best lifts(kg):
    back squat 250, front 200
    clean 179 pw clean 165
    snatch 140 pw snatch 122.5
    c&J 179 pw c&j 160

push press 155 strict press 120
    bench 175

best comp total 316

Chocolate Bread or Muffins

Chocolate Bread or Muffins

1 cup chocolate whey protein powder
    1/2 cup ground flax seeds
    Pinch stevia powder
    3 or 4 packets Splenda
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 Tbsp. lecithin (liquid or dry) (optional)
    2 eggs. beaten
    1/2 cup any sugar-free chocolate syrup
    2 Tbsp vegetable oil
    1 Tbsp. vanilla
    2 Tbsp. sugar-free chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix together dry ingredients. Add eggs and other liquid ingredients, and mix just enough to blend. Do not over mix. The mix will be very liquid-y. Bake in Pam-sprayed muffin tins for about 15 to 18 minutes or till tops are lightly browned. Or use mini-muffin tins, baking for about 12 minutes. Watch carefully to make sure they don't burn. For chocolate bread use a mini-loaf pan -- the type that makes six or eight small loaves in one pan. They'll take slightly longer to bake than regular muffins.

*If you don't have Stevia powder, try using an extra teaspoon or so of Splenda. It works, but somehow the synergy between the Splenda and the Stevia makes for a more robust flavor. Or use about half a teaspoon of powdered erythritol.

**I usually use DaVinci's sugar-free syrups because I tend to use them for eveything and I always keep a lot of their flavors on hand, but you can use any any other liquid of your choice or any other brand of syrup in whatever flavors you like.

Coconut Chocolate Protein Squares

Coconut Chocolate Protein Squares
    Nutritional Analysis: 32 squares (8 x 4)
    1 square: 74.4 calories; 3.4 g protein; 6.1 g fat; 1.5 g carbs

Hmm, these are so good and good for you! Enjoy indulging every day without guilt. Great fiber! The coconut oil controls weight because it speeds metabolism and controls Candida.

1/3 cup coconut oil
    1/4 cup whipping cream
    2 tbsp Da Vinci® Sugar Free Syrup (I used Macadamia Nut), OR sugar free Pancake syrup
    1 tbsp butter
    1 cup chocolate whey protein
    2/3 cup powdered milk
    1/2 cup cocoa
    1/2 cup powdered erythritol
    1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut (divided)

In food processor, process coconut oil, whipping cream, Da Vinci® Sugar Free Syrup, butter, chocolate whey protein, powdered milk, cocoa and erythritol. Stir in 3/4 cup coconut. Press into lightly greased (spray bottom of pan lightly with Pam) 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining coconut over top and press coconut into mixture with back of a soup or dessert spoon. Freeze until firm and refrigerate

Helpful Hint: This is quite a fudge-like confection and I love the combo of coconut and chocolate. It was sweet enough for me, but YMMV. You could add the contents of a couple of Splenda packets, if desired -- taste and see. It’s hard to believe that this confection is actually good for you. Don’t have an ounce of guilt over this one!

This confection could be cut into 8 bars -- as in protein bars -- and carried in a plastic baggie in your purse. It will be a little softer, but you could always mitigate that by adding a couple tablespoons more of the whey protein or leave out a tablespoon of the sugar free syrup.

From Jennifer Eloff

I Can't Believe It's Not Fudge

I Can't Believe It's Not Fudge

2 Tbsp Butter
    1 oz square unsweetened baking chocolate
    1/3 c ricotta cheese
    2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
    1 tsp vanilla
    10 pkgs Splenda
    1/2 c toasted slivered almonds

Melt butter and chocolate over very low heat or in microwave. Stir in cheese, vanilla, Splenda, and protein powder, mixing well. Stir in nuts. Let cool a few minutes, then drop onto foil lined cookie sheet. Freeze.

The protein powder gives it the texture of sugar-laden fudge. The chocolate gives it the richness of real fudge. You could use any toasted or untoasted nuts, but I had almonds on hand and particularly like them toasted.

Variation: If you don't have chocolate whey powder in the house, use vanilla or vanilla praline whey powder plus a heaping spoonful of cocoa powder.

Note from Sonya: I used all liquid Sweet N Low to cut carbs. I added a good dash of cinnamon and used pecan meal instead of the almonds. They are like truffles.

Sonya in Dallas

Peanut Butter Protein Balls

Peanut Butter Protein Balls
    Makes 16 balls

1 cup sugar-free peanut butter
    4 scoops (or 1-1/3 cups) whey protein powder, any flavor
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Artificial sweetener to taste, about 1 to 1-1/2 cups

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing until well combined. Form mixture into 16 balls. If desired, roll in crushed nuts. Refrigerate until ready to eat.

Chocolate Whey Protein Cookies

Chocolate Whey Protein Cookies

1 1/2 cups chocolate whey protein powder
    6 packets Splenda
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 eggs
    1/4 c whipping cream
    1 tsp vanilla

Combine dry ingredients in bowl. Combine eggs, cream and vanilla in another bowl and mix well. Add liquids to dry mixtrure and mix thoroughly. Drop by tsp on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes.

From Carol

Protein Pudding

Protein Pudding

* 1 box Jello Sugar-Free pudding mix prepared as directed on box
    * 2 scoops whey protein

Prepare pudding according to directions on box. Stir in 2 scoops protein powder. Refrigerate.

I usually use chocolate fudge or butterscotch flavored pudding (butterscotch is my favorite) and chocolate flavored protein. However, Jello offers many different flavors that would be good with different flavors of protein powder (cheesecake pudding with strawberry protein, vanilla pudding with vanilla protein, banana cream pudding with chocolate protein, etc.).

After mixing I pour the pudding into small Tupperware containers and take it to work for lunch or a snack when I’m craving something sweet.

From Audrey Nelson's Kitchen Chemistry