MBCUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool New to BodyBuilding

Hey!

I'm new here and am excited that im going to start weight training. I have always wanted to build myself up as im skinny and lean. I have always put it off and never had enough time or structure to my life to make the step.

I weigh 151lbs, 5" 11

I am going to use a whey protein supplement : MATRIX ANABOLIC 80%+ WHEY PROTEIN POWDER 40g Protein to 50g serving

The workout im going to follow is "Muscle & Strength Intermediate Full Body Routine" : muscleandstrength.com/articles/forget-steroids-5-fullbody-workouts-for-serious-gains.html

Any tips and advice are most welcome and looking to educate myself over the next week or so while my weights & equipment are being shipped.

Jsweazea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are in the same boat I am being skinny and lean. I have a few tips that have helped me get big strength gains(I'm still small but very strong for my size). First and most important, EAT! Food is your fuel and building blocks. I eat every 3 to 4 hours, 6oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, and 1/2 cup lentils. That is what my normal meals consist of. I don't count calories, I just listen to my body. I generally stay around 18-20 calories per pound of body weight when I'm trying to gain. Carbs around 1.7-2 grams per pound and protein 1.6-1.9 grams. Also for your warm-up sets I would suggest doing 20 reps on the first set then 12 on the second instead of 5 reps on each. You want to wake up your type I muscle fibers before going heavy which is your type II muscle fibers. I can't stress this one enough. GET A WEIGHT LIFTING BELT! I looked at the routine you want to do and it will be very easy to injure yourself. The belt will help you keep proper form to avoid injury. If you have more questions about anything or just need some motivation add me on bodyspace and send me a message. I will do my best to help. I know how discouraging it can get being the little guy at the gym.

Orbox is just really nice. (+1000) Orbox is just really nice. (+1000) Orbox is just really nice. (+1000) Orbox is just really nice. (+1000) Orbox is just really nice. (+1000) Orbox is just really nice. (+1000) Orbox is just really nice. (+1000) Orbox is just really nice. (+1000) Orbox is just really nice. (+1000) Orbox is just really nice. (+1000) Orbox is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks like all 3 of us are in the same boat ha. All 5'11" and around a buck 50.
    Hell, with that we should start our own group ha
    - - - Negative Krew - - -

"God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal."