Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cardio (alternatives)

Hey Girls,

I know I can't be the only one that gets bored to death on the treadmill.

What cardio alternatives do you suggest? Anything fun would be great!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anything that burns calories

go wild! literally a million options
    Long live Visagex

Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the reply. I know there are millions of options...I'm not the most coordinated girl in the world. Was just looking to see what other girls do

melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dancing, skipping, swimming....

At the gym I mix it up with rower, cross trainer, bike and treadmill
    Cheers,
    Mel x

-Just because it burns, it doesn't mean your gonna die- (Pink)

My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149651933

Ninjasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ninjasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ninjasmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio!

I love to mix it up with a spin class or cycling (Reeally gets the sweat on) or I pop in a 'Insanity' dvd. I usually stick with running as my main source of cardio, but only because I am in the Army and have to keep my times up (oh and I love it) Also, trail running is hella fun if you ask me.
    "Shut up and train"

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can't stand indoor cardio - makes me feel like a hamster on a wheel. Getting outdoors is the best thing you can do, if you're able to. Run, walk, cycle, hike... I find being surrounded by nature very restorative. I can zone out, enjoy the scenery, daydream a bit. I trained for a half marathon about 18 months ago and actually enjoyed the long runs for that reason. Unfortunately I injured my foot and developed achilles tendonitis so had to stop running. Tried swimming but found I was allergic to the chlorine and also found dealing with a lot of swimmers quite stressful but if you can deal with chlorine and are able to swim when it's less busy then that is also terrific exercise.

I also sometimes do sprints on the rower at the gym. I don't like doing long rows but for HIIT these are great. Also tried spin classes. Again, great exercise but instructors vary a lot and it's a bit hit or miss for me.

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BalhamBeast View Post
    I can't stand indoor cardio - makes me feel like a hamster on a wheel.
    I agree 100% with this regarding cardio equipment at the gym. Hate feeling like a hamster.

I usually only do 1-3 hours of cardio a week. Usually it is 2 hours of grappling (BJJ, Judo, Wrestling) or Kickboxing. Now although I love grappling, I would not recommend that for everyone cause you need to expect that every week you will have bruises and there are opportunites for injuries (I have a few, busted nose a week ago).

But kickboxing is an excellent cardio exercises although I don't recommend the kickboxing cardio classes that they have at some gyms because the form/technique is absolutely awful. I recommend the ones where you either interact with a heavy bag or pads/kickshields. You will get more out of the workout because you will learn proper technique and you can also control the energy you expend because if you find the workout is getting too easy, you can hit the bag faster or harder. Plus it really helps to strengthen your wrists. Plus it is very high intensity.

SuperQue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperQue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperQue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've actually been a bit bored with cardio lately and decided to look for other options. I found classes at my gym for dancing, kick-boxing, bootcamp, swimming and martial arts. I've tried some of them and they're definitely more fun than jogging on the treadmill for an hour! The time goes by pretty quickly.

So look for any classes in your area that interest you!

Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

and more versatile than a big stupid doodoohead treadmill

EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Start another sport - I started ballet - it's great combining it with gym. You have many options - climbing, swimming, hot yoga. Or another thing is get an i Phone or i Pad and watch a movie while on the AMT. I don't get bored but I guess I am very used to and I obey myself. You'll be fine!
    you are what you eat

SuperQue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperQue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperQue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by EllenRipley View Post
    Start another sport - I started ballet - it's great combining it with gym.
    Agreed! I did ballet for many many years and the muscle and strength it built up (especially in my legs/calves) is something I'm grateful for.

GetLowGetFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLowGetFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLowGetFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLowGetFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLowGetFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLowGetFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLowGetFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLowGetFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLowGetFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLowGetFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLowGetFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Emma23 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I know there are millions of options...I'm not the most coordinated girl in the world. Was just looking to see what other girls do
    I absolutely LOVE hardcore spin class. It kicks my butt so much.

EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Oh! And smth else! NEVER feel like a hamster on wheel ( I had that too) - imagine you're a superhero or warrior preparing for huge battle!:] Works perfect for me!:] (especially the fantasy of being on a spaceship towards land full of evil aliens)
    you are what you eat

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sled, prowler, sand bag carries, car pulls, hill sprints, cycling, trail running, tire flips.. ropes coarse, obstacle coarse, mudding.. sledge hammer, boxing..

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cardio isn't really necessary if you have a decent lifting routine and monitor your food. I much prefer weights to the boring old treadmill too!

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At the gym:
    -exercise bike
    -swimming

Other stuff:
    -trail running at the park
    -biking at the park on the horse trails and avoiding those stupid park rangers who cry about me doing that lol
    -Mega Yard Work Sunday: rake leaves, cut grass, saw down tree branches, generally clean up the yard for a few hours

*EDIT - I've never been on a treadmill in my entire life, srs, looks kinda boring honestly.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Botika View Post
    Cardio isn't really necessary if you have a decent lifting routine and monitor your food. I much prefer weights to the boring old treadmill too!
    I dread cardio days! I end up being extra strict with my food on these days and doing a little cardio is better than none at all. I enjoy Turbo Fire, some kickboxing at homeDVDs, but I've been thinking about installing a punching bag at home-looks like fun and great cardio.

awez1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awez1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awez1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awez1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awez1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awez1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awez1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awez1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awez1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awez1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) awez1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hate hate hate the treadmill. I've started using the Stairmaster. If your gym has one, I highly recommend it. For some reason, 15-20 minutes on that thing goes by so fast.

wow thanks for the advice

NICKOPATRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NICKOPATRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NICKOPATRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm another who would rather watch the diet than do cardio.
    If I HAVE to do it, I'll do hot yoga which gets my heartrate up surprisingly! Also I'll do Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire DVD's or run outside with the dog. Aside from that, I don't rest much during my weight workouts so that's kinda like cardio in itself.

Good luck

ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000)
    cardio alternatives, group fitness classes, crossfit, cardio dvds...my fave is Tabata, you can do it with anything box jumps, burpees, moutain climbers, jump rope, sprints...list goes on
    Goals: lose 20lbs
    Squat: 200lbs
    deadlift: 250lbs
    pull-ups: unassisted 10

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148261863

lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000)
    i love some good kickboxing!! also, jumping rope, burpees, stair master, there are so many!
    Wasn't on here for awhile…. had my son in October of 2013 and now I'm back!!!!

sarahrammfit.wordpress.com
    instagram @sarahramm

mrsfleming2177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsfleming2177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsfleming2177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsfleming2177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsfleming2177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsfleming2177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsfleming2177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsfleming2177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsfleming2177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsfleming2177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsfleming2177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check with your gym and see what types of cardio classes they have to offer like maybe Zumba or a bodypump class. Try using a stair climber or maybe an elliptical.

Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is rowing machine considered cardio? I can't do treadmill or elliptical because of a knee injury. I like rowing and it seems pretty hard, but I've never seen it listed as cardio. I also do recumbant bike which seems to actually rehabilitate my knee. It seems like a good leg workout, but I don't feel like its really cardio. One gym I used to go to had a cross country skiing machine that really got the heart to pumping and made the triceps burn like crazy.

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i'd recommend cycling

if you're passionate about lifting and like to push yourself to your limits, you should like this one too

+ being in nature + break PR's (owning higher and higher mountains, getting faster) + better legs + you can drive alone or in groups and have fun either way

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    kabochafashion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kabochafashion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kabochafashion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kabochafashion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kabochafashion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kabochafashion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kabochafashion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kabochafashion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kabochafashion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kabochafashion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kabochafashion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do HIITS on cardio machines for 30 minutes for a quick sweat and then 2 days a week I do a spinning class to mix it up. Such a better work out than the usual one speed run on the dreadmill everyday

Agreed!

BenderFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenderFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenderFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenderFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenderFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenderFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenderFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenderFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenderFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenderFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenderFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do HIIT workouts, and they keep your heart rate up the entire time! Also, jump roping, spinning, cycling....there are so many options!
    www.BenderFitness.com

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    With respect, it has benefits for general health. Physique isn't everything and having a respectable aerobic capacity is not a bad thing for everyday life.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Plyometrics, kick boxing, Zumba/hip hop.. I usually just try and find a fun class at my gym. I love the kickboxing classes