Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    moos3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Burn Body Fat fast

I need to build a workout and diet to lose 10.68% body for my next Army Physical I've been too laxed in my workout. Anyone got any Ideas? I have 43 days until it. I have cut out all boozes and all soda, I eat small meals, I jog and bike in the morning, I don't get take out or fast food, I have a desk job that requires a lot out of me. So I can't always make to the gym, I do have some 15lb weights at home. So any ideas how I can can burn the body fat quickly enough to reach my goal.

I will bend the red nail. mydamnself's Avatar
    mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Kettlebells. You can take them with you, you only need one or two, and it's the most effective I've see for burning bodyfat.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    5 minute 32 kilo kettlebell snatch test- 68 reps.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    20 60D nails and 10 Gr2 bolts bent in 20 minutes.
    ---
    I don't haunt this forum. If you say something and I don't reply, I'm not here. If it's important, PM me.

www.averagetoelite.com

adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the after burn by alwyn cosgrove
    my blogs
    howigotripped.wordpress.com
    submissiongrappling.wordpress.com

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mydamnself View Post
    Kettlebells. You can take them with you, you only need one or two, and it's the most effective I've see for burning bodyfat.
    Sounds interesting. Is there a list of kettlebell exercises somewhere on here?
    Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147159883

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adoniscomplex View Post
    the after burn by alwyn cosgrove
    also could do the velocity diet...

Search t-nation for the article.
    *No Crew*

Thanks for the help!! I'm looking forward to loosing the weight and being able to ship out at the end of march. Any recommendations on weight training to hlp with the diet?

naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well youdont want ot really loose weight you just want to loose fat. in your case
    look at the starting strength workout in the sticky at the top of the forum. Since your doing some army test i assume u already have some strength so i would just do the workout twice a week with some added body work (abs pullups/chinups/dips) and that gives u plenty of time to do cardio while still maintaining /growing existing muscle assuming you eat enough protein constantly

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    10% of body fat, specially at 280lbs, will be extremely hard in that time. Not trying to put you down or anything, just being realistic, you probably won't get it.

10% of your current weight would be almost 30lbs. Now keeping in mind that the task of losing 30lbs OF FAT in 6 weeks without drugs is already very hard, you have the problem of wanting to lower your body fat PERCENTAGE, which will go down even slower considering you'll also lose muscle, specially if dieting as strictly as to lose the weight that fast.

For what it's worth, start shoving down green tea, coffee, fat burners, (if possibly) ephedra and do cardio at least 3x a week.

OK thanks for information. in November at thanksgiving my weight was 345lbs and as of yesterday my weight was 286. Thats 59 Pounds in 79 days. Thats .746 pounds a day that I was loosing with out working out by just changing my diet. I have fat burners and vitamins and protient shake mixes. Any recommendations on a cardio work out. One of my buddies said something about the optical machine? is this a good Idea?

naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naglfari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well as for a cardio workout i would suggest on 2-3 on days u dont do any weights HIIT. Other days just stick to a low-med intensity cardio workouts, go buy a heartrate monitor watch makes it alot easier to determine your intensity while doing cardio

thanks for all the suggestions guys. I wish there had been a site back when I was in high school in the late 90's. Please more the recommendations the better I need the help.

wait 2 years to join teh army? wouldnt want you going to iraq unless ofcourse your already in the army and/or have been to iraq in that case i wish u good luck!

Fishdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fishdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fishdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fishdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fishdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fishdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fishdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fishdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fishdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fishdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fishdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    A good workout that we did for wrestling was with kettlebells. It gives good overall strength, and it just shreads the fat right off.

I'm delayed enlisted due to college. May I ask what is wrong for serving your country?

mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    stick with a total body workout 3x/week. right now you shouldn't care about muscle per se. You need to burn the most amount of calories in the shortest amount of time. A full body will do that.

I'm going to hate myself for saying this... but don't worry about overtraining. If fact if you're serious about making this next weight-in the only way to do it is to PT so much you'll be in a constant overtrained state. Get use to it.. that's how the army is. They don't take overtraining into account especially in basic and if you're going into combat arms it will be the same.

Look into the velocity diet.. if you only have one month you can suck it up and drop the weight. You'll need to do 1 hour of cardio in the AM fasted. 1 hour PM before bed. and 20 minutes max HR PWO. Cut out all carbs, or at most no more than 20-40 grams per day. Now you ARE going to be overtrained in a big way. You'll start feeling run down, may even get sick but if you seriously have to make this weight in then this will do it short of T3 and DNP (don't risk those)

nothings wrong with it, its not the greatest place to be at right now thats all if i got asked to go i would but alas im 2 years away from that chance

thanks guys for the info. I started mait128 suggestion today. I'm doing the voliecty diet and the 1 hr of cardio in the am. I did start to day. Any recommandations on knocking off my love handles while at it? because thats what made my body fat high because of my belly button to belly button measurement was 49.
    Last edited by moos3; 02-17-2007 at 06:03 AM.

mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mait128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by moos3 View Post
    thanks guys for the info. I started mait128 suggestion today. I'm doing the voliecty diet and the 1 hr of cardio in the am. I did start to day. Any recommandations on knocking off my love handles while at it? because thats what made my body fat high because of my belly button to belly button measurement was 49.
    It's a slow process all in all bro, lowering your overall bodyfat will get rid of your love handles but it's going to take time.. what's your current bodyfat at now? What's the limit for your height and age? good luck with it all.. remember keep the carbs low.. I'm betting at your BF level your very insulin resistant, so keeping carbs low with help get you back on track. if there's any question I can help you with let me know.. when are you supposed to ship? quick question...they let you contract at your current bodyfat or were you lower when you contracted then put the weight on? If you have any questions about the Army in general just ask. I've spent the last 8 years in and just got out in June.

edit: I just reread the your first post... I see that you're going back to MEPS for another weight in to get contracted.. ok makes sense now.. what MOS are you looking into?
    Last edited by mait128; 02-17-2007 at 06:15 AM.

Thanks for the Support. I'm going to be A sergeant first class because of my education and training. I was contracted about 2 years ago and my contract stated if I want the SFC rank when I go in I have to finish my college education and that point I was contracted at 29.5% then I stopped going to the gym so I could get school done and over with but Didn't make the best choices when i came to diet due to my class load. My current BMI is 36% and I have to get back to 28.5% for my height and age. My MOS is a complicated I'm a (18 Bravo(only if I decide to go active)) 11 Bravo(currently) attached to a 19 Delta unit in maine(Got to love the Reserves) but I'm up in the air about going active or staying reserves. I'm hoping to ship out early early April. If I make weight in I could ship April 7th is what my current contract says.

mait128: what did you do for a MOS? Reserves or Active whats you opinion on that matter?

Thanks for the Support. I'm going to be A sergeant first class because of my education and training. I was contracted about 2 years ago and my contract stated if I want the SFC rank when I go in I have to finish my college education and that point I was contracted at 29.5% then I stopped going to the gym so I could get school done and over with but Didn't make the best choices when i came to diet due to my class load. My current BMI is 36% and I have to get back to 28.5% for my height and age. My MOS is a complicated I'm a (18 Bravo(only if I decide to go active)) 11 Bravo(currently) attached to a 19 Delta unit in maine(Got to love the Reserves) but I'm up in the air about going active or staying reserves. I'm hoping to ship out early early April. If I make weight in I could ship April 7th is what my current contract says.

mait128: what did you do for a MOS? Reserves or Active whats you opinion on that matter?
    your BMI is 36% or you BF is 36%... BMI shouldn't matter it's not accurate when it comes to weigthtrainers...My BMI is 37 but I'm at 15%BF.

So you're contracted 18B, I hope you know if you don't go active you're not going to get the E-7 rank. That's only if you go SF, if you're just a good ole 11B you'll get E-4 with your college. You may want to check on that to be sure. I was both active and national guard. It's good for what it is. I prefer National Guard over Reserve due to the fact that there's many more available MOS's within a state as opposed to being an 11B in Boston and having no units around so you have to drive to Maine for drill. If you still want to go SF there's a National Guard SF unit in Rhode Island, 19th group. I know some good guys there if you're interested, I can set up an interview for you.

Dude Thanks for the information. I pulled out the old contract and it states that e4 into basic 30 days after basic automatic promotion to SFC (insert government fancy wording here) for any MOS of choosing (This is the lay-mens version). Sorry about the BMI I ment to put BF is 36% target of 28% to 29% can ship with 29% according to MEPS. I have to stay I'm glad that I have graduated college twice now. Having 120 credits helped me a lot. I'll let you know if I decide to go national SF. Thanks for the help.

Day One of the Velocity Diet complete! If I do go reserves I'll be drilling in Bangor or Casco or Auburn in Maine since these 3 places are only an hour from my house in boothbay but if I go active I would like to get stationed at fort durm, fort meade, or Fort Bragg. Where were you stationed when Active? any recommendations on station sites for active?

Wink

Dude Thanks for the information. I pulled out the old contract and it states that e4 into basic 30 days after basic automatic promotion to SFC (insert government fancy wording here) for any MOS of choosing (This is the lay-mens version). Sorry about the BMI I ment to put BF is 36% target of 28% to 29% can ship with 29% according to MEPS. I have to stay I'm glad that I have graduated college twice now. Having 120 credits helped me a lot. I'll let you know if I decide to go national SF. Thanks for the help.

Day One of the Velocity Diet complete! If I do go reserves I'll be drilling in Bangor or Casco or Auburn in Maine since these 3 places are only an hour from my house in boothbay but if I go active I would like to get stationed at fort durm, fort meade, or Fort Bragg. Where were you stationed when Active? any recommendations on station sites for active?
    recommendations? yeah FUGGGK Ft Drum.. What type of weather do you like? I personally like warm weather, I've been stationed at Stewart, Meade, Aberdeen, Drum. Are you sure your contract says E-7 regardless of MOS, I've been in recruiting and I've never heard of that outside of SF besides you'd need to go through PLDC, BNCOC and ANCOC before getting your E-7. I'm not doubting you, just looking out for you. Things may have changed it's been alittle while since I was in recruiting. But I know how recruiters are..If you go SF on active I believe you'll have to go to a post with that has group. If you like cold weather which I think you may then carson is nice.
    Last edited by mait128; 02-17-2007 at 06:16 PM.

Like Cold winters, cool springs, mordate summers nothing consantly over 85 and cool falls. yeah my contract is for Sergeant First Class in a MOS. I call my friend that works at battalion command in new england and read it to him and that is what it says. He said it might change if I don't make the weight in to due to new rule changes. Any other pointers?? or question i should ask?

lownismo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    is there a specific reason you want to come out to iraq? is it because you're unit is goin and you don't want to be left behind? there's nothin really special out here...i'm out here right now and it sucks lol nothin to do. but then again i'm a national guard 14J with only a small platoon so my job is fairly easy and actionless but there are times. it's not all that bad out here, i'm not sure how much free time you'd have as an 11B or 18B but there are some decent gyms out here so you could continue to work on your progress if you get sent out here too. it's all about attitude man, you gotta think that anything is possible. i'm trying to lose some weight too i got 2 more months til i go home and i wanna go home lookin good. mait...how is stuart? is it a good base where things happen quickly, like paperwork wise?

Originally Posted by lownismo View Post
    is there a specific reason you want to come out to iraq? is it because you're unit is goin and you don't want to be left behind? there's nothin really special out here...i'm out here right now and it sucks lol nothin to do. but then again i'm a national guard 14J with only a small platoon so my job is fairly easy and actionless but there are times. it's not all that bad out here, i'm not sure how much free time you'd have as an 11B or 18B but there are some decent gyms out here so you could continue to work on your progress if you get sent out here too. it's all about attitude man, you gotta think that anything is possible. i'm trying to lose some weight too i got 2 more months til i go home and i wanna go home lookin good. mait...how is stuart? is it a good base where things happen quickly, like paperwork wise?
    I don't know how quickly things happen at Stuart as opposed to other place .. it is the Army you know!! I guess it really depends on your NCO's and chain of command. It's like anything else, if you happen to be in good with your NCO's and command things will happen quicker for you... Stuart is a good post to be at. Savanah is an awesome city, Orlando is only four hours away and you have Atlanta you can drive to.

Moos, if that's what your contract says then good for you brother. Can't think of any other things to let you know off the top of my head.. Although I will say if you plan on going to group, get your running up, way up ... may it your number 1 priority.

Thanks for the pointers. if your interested you can see my current DA 550-0 form on my website http://www.guthnur.net/army/forms/

theres all dated. I'll work on getting my running times down.

lownismo:
    its not that I want to go to Iraq. This is something that I have wanted since I was seventeen. I had some trouble at MEPS peractically a 5 foot 4 dude that claim I was stretching my neck when I was standing tall which turned me away from the Army for a while and I end up in college for 5 years. To give you a little background on me and my history with the Army. My Grandfather was a Member of the tankers as a Master Sergeant, in Korea, My other grandfather was a highly decorated Colonel and my great grandfather was a Feldwebel which is equal to a US Army Staff Sergeant. My dad was a only child and wanted to go in but decided that he wanted to go to college and take over the family business. So you can see that I come from long line of Army boys. So its something I that I have needed to do for a long time. Its like when you want something so bad you can taste it. I have been tasting it for years and now that I'm done with college its time to shallow that taste and act on it and stop putting it off.

So I hope that explains why I'm doing this.
    Last edited by moos3; 02-18-2007 at 08:18 AM.

UpDate:

After 3 Weeks. I have lost 12 Pounds, and I only have 5% more body fat to go. Going to start adding more chest and upper back to my work out. What do you suggestions?

Update. 1.5 inches to go off my waist and I'm good to go.

good job!! keep at it!!

thanks for the encouragement.