Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Bain is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Cheap Personal Training Certification - Online?

hey you all,

I am looking for a cheap personal training certification course, I know there are many out there and they all differ a bit. A buddy of mine told me about one that he ordered online, they sent him the book and the actual test.. he took it, sent the test back and they then sent him the certificate however I don't remember which program this was, doh!

Has anyone taken any cheap pt'ing certification programs that sound like this one? and if so what is the web site address?

thanks!

BodyPoints: 607
    omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit omariok2's BodySpace
    ooh sorry personal certification are two words that dont come together you wont find anything cheaper than about 550-600
    if you want sites go for ISSA.com or try to get an ACE certification
    Every day you get better or worse, which one did you do today? -unknown

WARNING: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything your supposed to read? Do you think everything your supposed to think? Buy what your told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masterbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove your alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned......

BodyPoints: 708
    IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit IronMike's BodySpace

Re: Cheap Personal Training Certification - Online?

Originally posted by Bain
    A buddy of mine told me about one that he ordered online, they sent him the book and the actual test.. he took it, sent the test back and they then sent him the certificate.
    Are you for real?

No wonder PT's get such a bad rep.

Bain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    omariok2,

thats not true man, NFPT which is a very well recognized certification program costs $375. There are other programs that you can enroll in that cost below $375 also.

omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) omariok2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Re: Cheap Personal Training Certification - Online?

Originally posted by IronMike
    Are you for real?

No wonder PT's get such a bad rep.

yep you can do it online(in fact thats the method most used nowadays) and you dont have to be a rocket scientist to pass
    it takes about 4 weeks to study if you know nothing to begin with

WARNING: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything your supposed to read? Do you think everything your supposed to think? Buy what your told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masterbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove your alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned......

BodyPoints: 708
    IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) IronMike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit IronMike's BodySpace

Re: Re: Re: Cheap Personal Training Certification - Online?

I bet they don't even mark the test, it seems if you pay them money you get your name on a piece of paper stating that you're a Certified Personal Trainer.

omariok2,

thats not true man, NFPT which is a very well recognized certification program costs $375. There are other programs that you can enroll in that cost below $375 also.
    well than go for it man, coz i doubt it gets any cheaper than that

btw something you should note though is that if you and someone are both going for the same job and he has an ISSA or ACE and you have an NFPT hell get the job

BodyPoints: 55
    Liquid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Liquid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Liquid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Liquid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Liquid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Liquid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Liquid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Liquid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Liquid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Liquid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Liquid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit Liquid's BodySpace

Re: Cheap Personal Training Certification - Online?

hey you all,

I am looking for a cheap personal training certification course, I know there are many out there and they all differ a bit. A buddy of mine told me about one that he ordered online, they sent him the book and the actual test.. he took it, sent the test back and they then sent him the certificate however I don't remember which program this was, doh!

Has anyone taken any cheap pt'ing certification programs that sound like this one? and if so what is the web site address?

thanks!
    after getting this, did you have any idea wehre you wanted to work? and what kind of pay is involved with a job like that?

I'm thinking i could do that if i take one year off from university.

Stats: 210 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1234
    StandTall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StandTall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StandTall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StandTall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StandTall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StandTall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StandTall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StandTall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StandTall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StandTall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StandTall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit StandTall's BodySpace
    I have done a personal training course that went for a year. There isn’t much point in getting a certificate that only takes 4 weeks to get. It’s just a piece of paper and after only sitting one test I don’t think u should be able to say u are safe to train people. In the course I did we learnt about training people with diabetes, hypertension, asthma and most other things. When people go to a personal trainer they expect them to know what’s best and safe for them to do and after one test I doubt u could and clients don’t want to have to wait a week for their personal trainer to learn the basics about their condition let alone how to train them.
    It aint just how much you lift but how you lift it

Patrick Gamboa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Patrick Gamboa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Patrick Gamboa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Patrick Gamboa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bain, good afternoon, I hope you are well and in good health. In addition to the great information provided by all of your fellow forum members, consider the following. Educating yourself so that you are prepared to provide reliable professional services to your clients and then developing a track record of excellence behind all your efforts are the foundation of a great fitness educator. Confidence in yourself comes from your credibility and your credentials. Credibility comes from having a source of information that can stand up to cross-examination whether that be through a formal education or a certification like the ISSA, ACSM, NSCA, NASM etc.
    Credibility also comes from a sincere commitment to your clients and consistent set of principles and practices by which you operate. Credentials, not necessarily your formal degrees or certifications, but credentials that put a track record of excellence behind your efforts is what clients care about.

Once you have the foundation upon which confidence is built, you must be PERSISTENT in your efforts.

Many may think that in order to becomes a successful ISSA trainer they need a formal education. Others may think that a successful trainer is genetically gifted and his or her talent as a bodybuilder or fitness competitor is what makes them a successful trainer. Still others rationalize success as a matter of luck. The truth is, the underlying characteristic that all successful trainers have is PERSISTENCE. As Calvin Coolidge once said “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent”. As for luck, what others perceive as luck for successful trainers is actually persistent preparation to provide the best service possible coupled with timely opportunities. If you can nurture the determination and persistence within you then you have the key element that will guide you through your endeavor as a great professional fitness educator. Take care and have a great day. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me at patrick@issaonline.com and I will be more than happy to assist you. Take care and have a great day.