oso0690 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Adductor and Abductor strength ratios

Hey guys,

I've tried googling this (even saw a similar thread on this site) but I have not found any kind of number ratio whatsoever. I'm trying to assess muscular weaknesses. What is an ideal ratio of strength between adduction and abduction of the leg? 1:1? 2:1? 3:1? I'm not looking for THE specific number like 1:1.258473, just the whereabouts of what it should be. Adduction is much stronger for myself.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Urgh, never heard of this being brough up to be honest and if you are getting reading into it, you are overthinking it. Muscular weakness will show through performing main movements close to maximal loads.

THat said, for what I remember my addduction is weaker than my abduction. I max the machine in my gym for abduction (not that heavy, 150lbs), and can hold the load at the top for minutes if I want, slow reps etc. I am not as strong with adduction though.

I mainly credit that abduction strength due the fact that I do sumo box squats and they get absolutely hammered, but I also think my adductors are pretty strong tbh.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

oso0690 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the reply. That's crazy you are much stronger at abduction. I'm the opposite, I never do wide stance and usually take a narrower stance with most things. I finally found something stating some kind of numbers: http://www.isokinetics.net/isokineti...adduction.html

Shows that adduction should be stronger by about 1.5x

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by oso0690 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. That's crazy you are much stronger at abduction. I'm the opposite, I never do wide stance and usually take a narrower stance with most things. I finally found something stating some kind of numbers: http://www.isokinetics.net/isokineti...adduction.html

Shows that adduction should be stronger by about 1.5x
    Well, that is interesting. I don't think my adduction is "weak" but perharps my abduction is just extremly strong due the nature of sumo stance box squats. I personally have never heard of anyone having issues with strength inbalance betweem them but I have heard about muscle inflexibilities that can cause some serious problems.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/