Is it wrong to be strong? CodyBaragar's Avatar
    CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cutting Help (Reps)

Hey guys, I have never posted in this forum, but I'm seeking some advice. I am approaching the end of my bulk and I will be cutting soon. I have tried once before and it was definately a failed attempt. After about 3 weeks of cutting I realized I was just becoming a smaller version of myself. I lost weight, but my fat loss was proportionate to my muscle loss. At least it seemed this way. It may have been glycogen depletion that made me looked flat but regardless I couldn't stand the results.

My diet was pretty good (I think). Followed the guidelines. I made sure I got more than enough protein, always 300-500 calories below maintenance, etc. I trained hard.

Is there anything I can do this time around to make my cut more efficient? Certain type of cardio, carb intake, etc?

I am around 15% bodyfat. Thanks guys.

-Cody

iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i remember having the same feelings. and looking in the mirrior, like man, im getting way to small. i think thats what cutting is all about though. here is my advise. when you decide to cut , understand that you will lose some muscle mass. it happens . make sure you get enuff protein, and dont ever lift lighter weight when your cutting. work on adding more reps, and even more sets to the weight that you are currently lifting. i use strength as a gage . if i feel myself not getting stronger then somethings not right .

Is it wrong to be strong? CodyBaragar's Avatar
    CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by iballhard View Post
    i remember having the same feelings. and looking in the mirrior, like man, im getting way to small. i think thats what cutting is all about though. here is my advise. when you decide to cut , understand that you will lose some muscle mass. it happens . make sure you get enuff protein, and dont ever lift lighter weight when your cutting. work on adding more reps, and even more sets to the weight that you are currently lifting. i use strength as a gage . if i feel myself not getting stronger then somethings not right .
    Yeah man thats exactly how I felt. Had a tough time coping with it and found it easier to just get back to bulking. And yes I have heard that it is a big "no-no" to lift lighter which was the case the first time I tried. Good advice. Repped.