jdmz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdmz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdmz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdmz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdmz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdmz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdmz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdmz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdmz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdmz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdmz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Injured Shoulder From Incline DB Press - hurt ego

I injured my right shoulder last week on my 5th week of the dtp program. I was doing 50lb dumbbells for the 5 rep and I rested the dumbbells at the bottom of the motion mid set. My right shoulder suddenly felt a sharp pain, and I finished the workout using half ROM. I did arm day 2 days later and quit because I knew something was wrong.

A few days after the arm day, I could not lift my arm past parallel with the ground without feeling pain at the top of the shoulder.

6 days later, I visited the nurse at my school and she was not convinced that I tore anything because I was able to reach the ceiling and do other things like press down and up with arms in front of me. She told me to lay off weights for another 10 days and start doing curls with very low weight.

Now, at 8 days after the injury, my arm has an achy/dull pain. I tried doing rotator cuff exercises with resistance bands today and was able to do them with no pain, but the ache/dull pain is still there. It feels like the pain is no longer localized, but throughout the whole shoulder... not enough to stop me from doing full ROM, but it does get sharper at some angles.

I have lost all motivation now and I am also scared to do the leg extension and leg curl with higher weights. I was a fearless weight lifter before, but now I know injuries can mess you up badly. I just read a little about leg extension exercises and they can be bad on the knee with high weights.... I no longer have the "go as heavy as you can" attitude now. I still want to build muscle mass and I have achieved great results with my bulk. I know I will lay off upper body until ALL pain is gone.. and from what I hear that may be never. Anyone have any advice on what to do?

majidz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    jdmz ,

First you must convince your self that you have to stop lifting now ...!!! and bear in mind it will be for months ...
    If you didn't do , then you will never ever recover ...
    Take anti inflammation and put ice on the shoulder for 20 minutes / 3 times a day ..
    I have had the same thing exactly as you ,,, stopped 1 month ago and i am doing ART (Active release technique) for accelerated rehab ,,,
    it is new technique and seems promising , i can't tell you how good is it because i did my first therapy session yesterday , but definitely i feel much better ,,
    and the good thing that the therapist said within 3 weeks you can hit the gym ...
    hope u be ok soon bro

cheers

HeyHOletsGO is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeyHOletsGO is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeyHOletsGO is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeyHOletsGO is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeyHOletsGO is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeyHOletsGO is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeyHOletsGO is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeyHOletsGO is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeyHOletsGO is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeyHOletsGO is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeyHOletsGO is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey bro do your research man it will save you a lot of trouble and messed up shoulders.

Start with this:

Look up Shoulder Savers I II III by eric cressy on tnation

chuck it up in google and read it.

And also check this out

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2009/08/on-tendonitis/