Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Saturday 19th

Deadlifts
    Worked up to 220kgx3

Axle Tire deadlift
    205kgx5
    225kgx7? Possibly 8 reps
    205kgx6

WG Lat pulldowns
    5x10

Nuetral grip pulldowns
    3x10

105kg Appollons Axle - DOH holds
    5 sets to failure

Not a bad day, strength has stalled on deads however.

100kg log from Thursday
    Last edited by BritishPL; 01-20-2013 at 07:13 AM.

BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishPL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Been going lighter and trying to get some recovery in since my last post as I was beginning to feel very fatigued. Starting to hit some higher volume and I will try sticking with this for the next few weeks, avoiding going too heavy. Hopefully this should keep me motivated for when I start to peak for comp day.

Monday's workout

Squats
    145kg 5x3

Speed deads
    5x3 at 150kg
    180kgx3

Yoke
    A few 20m runs with 170kg

Barrells
    Just some playing around, trying to alter technique.

Thursday 31st Jan

Large log
    70kg 10x3?
    80kg 3x5
    Felt strong again on log this week

Strict Viking press
    5x5

Narrow grip Flat bench
    100kg
    3x3 paused reps
    2x5 paused reps
    1x10 TNG

Done.

Friday 1st February.

Did some light accessory work and finished off with some Yoke.

Hack squat machine
    6x10

Lat pulldowns
    5x12

Tricep pushdowns
    5x10

Yoke 10m + Barrell carry 10m
    Worked up to the comp weights, 240kg Yoke followed by 100kg Barrel. Completed this in 11.78 seconds.
    Very happy with this, will drop this event for a few weeks as my knees haven't been feeling too great recently.

Monday 4th February

Deadlifts
    180kgx3
    180kg5x5
    200kgx5

Glute-ham raises
    4 Sets with BW

Finished off with playing around with some axle cleans and left it at that.

Had more reps left in the tank on all sets, probably 2-3 more in me on the last set which I am pleased with.

Wednesday 6th February

Giant log press
    70kg 10x5
    80kg x1
    90kg x1
    100kg x1

Flat bench
    120kg 6x3

Great session, upper body feeling strong again and the volume on the lighter weights is different but its helping at the moment.

Friday 8th january

atlas stones form practise (to 46 inch)
    100kg 5x5
    had some problems with tacky drying out fast but weight felt ok, technique should improve again with more work.

Lat pulldowns
    5x12

fat handle giant dumbell rows
    65kg 4x8 per arm

farmers timed holds
    100kg per hand 4x20 seconds

Monday 11th February

Paused Squats
    130kgx2
    145kgx4+1 Regular rep
    Felt very strong and explosive, all warm-up sets I did pause squats but I planned to do regular reps on this last set, first rep was easy and thought F**K it and paused the next 4 reps at the bottom.

Paused Front Squats
    Worked up to an easy 2x2 with 120kg

Decided to hit some front squats as I haven't done them in a long time and I feel they will help with the stones, decided to continue with the theme of pausing the reps in the hole. Think Il make Front squats my main lift on squat day, will try work up to a 140kg PB before comp day.

Frame carry
    Worked up to 2 sets of 15 metres with 235kg.

Great session today, energy was good and I felt very happy with everything, hopefully I can keep this up until comp day.

13th February

I am still feeling sore today from mondays workout and I wasn't sure if I would manage to go heavy like I planned but fortunately I had a great session today!

Giant log press
    90kg - 3 singles
    100kg - 2x2 PB
    110kg x 1 PB
    100kg 2x3

Narrow-grip bench
    100kg 5x8

Fat handle circus DB rows
    65kg 4x8 per hand

DB bicep
    15kg DB's 4x10

Monday 18th february

Axle Tyre deadlift (2 inches higher than regular deads)
    185kgx3
    205kgx3
    225kgx2
    235kgx1
    Add belt
    245kgx1
    255kgx3 PR!
    265kgx3 PR!!!! Possible had 1 more in me?
    205kg 5x5 Speed reps

Lat pulldowns
    4x10

Glute-ham raises
    5x5 Speed reps

WOW! Not gone heavy on deads in a while and decided to go heavy today as I was feeling awesome, Would of been happy with a single at 250 so getting 265x3 felt insane! Huge PR.

Will only manage 2 sessions again this week because im working away, tomorrow I will probably be destroyed but its the only day I can get in the gym and so Il just have to do what I can, probably some high volume work.

Tuesday 19th February.

Wasn't sure if I was going to struggle on this day because of fatigue from the day before, but strength was good and I wasn't too sore. Only problem I had was my lats cramping whilst benching.

Strict log press (large log)
    70kg 3x3
    80kgx5 PB
    90kg 1x3 PB, 1x4 PB

Not done any strict work In a while however my shoulder strength still felt great and had no pain in my shoulder.

Strict Viking press
    5x8

Flat bench (all reps paused)
    5x5 with 100kg.

Been away for the last 4 days since this workout, will be back in the gym tomorrow and hopefully I will have another good session.

Sunday 24th Feb

BW looks to have dropped a bit and todays session was an early one which doesn't usually go down well, however I stilll managed a great session and hit some good PR's.

Paused front squats
    120kgx3
    130kgx2 PB
    140kgx2 PB
    150kgx1 PB
    120kg 2x3
    My old front squat PB was 135kg without a pause, so I hit a 15kg PB and with a pause. Felt like I had more in the tank too, was tempted to try 160 but thought I would leave it there.

Yoke
    170kg 15 metres, drop and go bakc 15m
    220kg " "
    260kg 10-12metres? PB
    The 260kg was a 10kg PB, the pick-up was very easy and speed was good but I lost balance and dropped it before the 15metre mark.

Giant DB rows
    3x10 with 65kg fat-handle DB.

Great session! Hopefully more to come before comp day. 4 weeks to go.

Monday 25th February.

Mixed feelings about today, PR's where hit however motivation wasn't there and so a little disappointed because I could of probably done a bit more if I wasn't feeling so fatigued.

Giant log press
    Worked up to 5x5 @ 80kg

Regular log press
    80kgx1
    90kgx1
    100kgx1 - equal to PB and very fast.
    110kgx1 PB - Bit of a struggle, thought this would have gone up a bit faster.

Flat bench
    100kgx3 paused reps
    120kgx3 paused reps
    130kgx1 paused
    140kgx1 paused PB
    145kgx1 paused PB
    150kgx1 TNG PB
    160kgx1 TNG PB

140 was my old TNG PB, and so I should be very happy with today, however there was that feeling I could of done more.

Tricep pushdowns
    4x8?

27 days out from comp now, feel like I must have hit my peak now as I feel like fatigue is kicking in, had very bad DOMs today which is not common for me. Will stick with around 70-75% now on my lifts and hopefully I can still put in a good performance on comp day.

LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What comp are you doing man?
    793 deadlift @ 231 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8k57L5fvPk

Originally Posted by LessThanLuke View Post
    What comp are you doing man?
    Im doing the "champions of the future" at the junction. Doing this one in the 105 category but thinking about doing 90's if I do future comps.

Not been posting much recently as I have just been going light, was feeling a bit worn out for around 2 weeks but I just stuck to lighter weights and took my foot off the pedal. Starting to feel better again now though, had my last training session today before comp day and everything felt relatively good, I stilll don't think il be in the same condition as I was a few weeks ago but hopefully I can still put in a good performance.

Axle tyre deadlift
    65x5
    105x5
    145x5
    185x3
    205x2
    225x1
    Add belt
    245x1
    205x5

Didn't really push myself on any of the sets, just getting a feel for things, could have easily got a couple more reps with 245.

Giant log press
    70kgx3 strict
    80kgx2 1 rep strict 1 rep pushpress
    90kgx1 pushpress
    Felt pretty explosive and everything was easy enough.

Yoke (10m laps)
    140kg x 2
    180kg x 2
    220kg x 2

Light arm work

I will try get someone to video all the events on comp day, however not sure what the quality will be like as It will be on my phone.

Ok so Today I competed in my first strongman competition, unfortunately I did not get any videos but here is my write-up.

Got to the gym around an hour before things kicked off for weighing in, weight today was 98.9kg which means I have dropped some weight over the last 3-4 weeks. Woke up pretty early this morning and felt nervous as soon as I woke up, a few people said I looked a bit unwell and I was shaking like hell.

1st Event
    First event was axle deadlift, 200kg for reps. The height was around 11 inches. Time limit was 60 seconds and I managed to get 14 reps, I actually managed 15 reps but the last rep was just over the time limit, this was a reps PB for me. This got me 2nd place and the winner hit 15 reps, however I was pretty pissed because I didn't think deadlift suits where allowed and the judges allowed him to do TNG reps, I was pretty pissed about this but used it for motivation on the upcoming events. I felt sick as hell for around 20 minutes after this event.

2nd Event Log press for reps (90kg)
    Again 60 seconds time limit, this was expected to be my worst event but home advantage helped a lot, the majority of lifters in my weight category had never trained with this log and they struggled to clean it or struggled with balance because of the different dimensions. I expected a couple to get 10+ reps but In the end I came joint 1st with 8 reps. This was another rep PB but I think I was stronger on this event a few weeks ago.

3rd Event - 110kg farmers, 10m drop and turn so 20metres total.
    One of my favourite events, moving events seem to suit me pretty well and so I was hoping for a good result on this. Time was 11.6 seconds, I was just over a second quicker than second place. This was a PB time for me, hit around 12.5 seconds in training.

4th Event - Yoke and barrel carry medley. 240kg yokes 10metres then 100kg barrel 10 metres.
    I was feeling very confident going into this event especially with 2 event wins and my yoke has been feeling very good recently. I won this event in 12.2 seconds, again around a second quicker than second place. This was another PB but I still felt a bit pissed because I could have done better. Yoke was very fast however the barrel wasn't so good, Id let myself cool down too much before this event and felt my hamstring strain a little when picking up the barrel which put me off balance and made me change my technique.

5th Event - 120kg Atlas stone over 40 inch Yoke
    Unfortunately I only came mid-pack on this event, I got to 4 reps and called it quits. My calves where cramping and my hamstrings felt like hell, I didn't want to risk pulling a hamstring trying to win the event.

Fortunately I had gone into the last event knowing that I only needed 2 or 3 reps for the competition win.

I feel like I Have learnt a lot from this competition and Im looking forward to competing again in the future.
    Last edited by BritishPL; 03-24-2013 at 01:39 PM.