jetlife12763 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jetlife12763 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jetlife12763 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Rotating Exercises for each workout?

I wrokout each body part twice a week, so would rotating exercises hurt my gains?

For example for one shoulder workout i dont do barbell military press just dumbell press and the next i do babell press and not dumbell press, same goes for chest and bis and what not except legs.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Makes it tougher to track progress but as long as you keep some short of structure to when you rotate you shouldn't have any problems. I wouldn't recommend changing more than every other workout or you're going to have to wait longer to find out if you're progressing or not
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

jetlife12763 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jetlife12763 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jetlife12763 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    Makes it tougher to track progress but as long as you keep some short of structure to when you rotate you shouldn't have any problems. I wouldn't recommend changing more than every other workout or you're going to have to wait longer to find out if you're progressing or not
    I was planning on just switching one exercise per workout day not all of them, so would that hold me back on seeing if im making progress? and thanks for the reply

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jetlife12763 View Post
    I was planning on just switching one exercise per workout day not all of them, so would that hold me back on seeing if im making progress? and thanks for the reply
    All I'm saying I'd that doing the same exercises each body part day makes for very easy tracking.it becomes more tedious tracking when you have to wait a few workouts before seeing if you've progressed in that specific movement.I'm not saying don't do it that way.I'm saying if you do just expect it to be not as linear in results BC you're adding in more variables.

Its all your preference bro.and if you carry a NotePad with you then its super easy to track regardless.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jetlife12763 View Post
    I wrokout each body part twice a week, so would rotating exercises hurt my gains?

For example for one shoulder workout i dont do barbell military press just dumbell press and the next i do babell press and not dumbell press, same goes for chest and bis and what not except legs.
    I think it's a good strategy and can help gains more than hurt. It especially is more beneficial when you're hitting a bp twice a week.

I've even split up my chest days and back days (2 different versions--switch back and forth) by making one emphasize heavier weight and lower reps, and the other lighter weight and higher reps.
    Time To Re-Schedule

Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    I think it's a good strategy and can help gains more than hurt. It especially is more beneficial when you're hitting a bp twice a week.

I've even split up my chest days and back days (2 different versions--switch back and forth) by making one emphasize heavier weight and lower reps, and the other lighter weight and higher reps.
    i did this at the beginning of the year following Layne Norton's PHAT styled program, it was great.