Effex25705 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I eating too little?

Iv'e just did some maths with the amount of Cals i'm eating the last few weeks and I'm not really sure If i'm eating enough or not?

I take a multivitamin every day, which has antioxidants, and I take a protein powder usually once a day too. I am trying to keep my carbs low, and protein high, and seem to be losing close to 1kg every 2 days~

I'm just under 97kg now, 172 cm tall, probably close to 30% BF from what a few here have told me from pics iv'e posted.

I'm probably getting maybe 700 Calories a day roughly. I have been trying to eat less, and healthier and I'm trying to cut and do my workouts as per usual. I measure and weigh everything I eat or drink, don't drink soft drinks and barely drink anything other than water.

So I'm wondering if I should be eating more and if so, how much? I have tried figuring out my TDEE and my Macro's but I still can't understand the entire thing. I am relatively low in activity during the day, however I do small few minute bits of exercise so I get sweaty and then go do the usual, which would be taking care of a bunch of kids haha.

I always do a workout before bed which usually takes about 40 minutes. Iv'e lost over 30kg since the 1st of september..

So really i'm not sure if I should eat more or if what i'm eating is working for me or not...

saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How are you feeling during your workouts? 700 calories a day is really light. From the looks of it, you will be losing weight but im sure that you'll be losing a lot of muscle mass as well.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-triple-digit-shred.html.

Psalm 16:8

I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With Him .at my right hand, i will not be shaken.

earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    700 calories is retardedly low. Like the dude ^ up ^ there ^ said, you're not just losing fat when you're eating at such a stupid deficit. You should start around 2000 cals per day and adjust downward if you aren't losing weight.
    Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517083

Well Iv'e actually put on a lot of muscle since the 1st of September and iv'e averaged out to 700-1200 calories a day and haven't had a problem with feeling sick or anything, infact iv'e felt the most energetic and healthiest since I was 15...

I'll up my serving portions a bit more and see how I go, as long as I can get below 90kg by xmas and then below 80kg by the 5th of feb, that'll be great haha

earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Effex25705 View Post
    Well Iv'e actually put on a lot of muscle since the 1st of September and iv'e averaged out to 700-1200 calories a day and haven't had a problem with feeling sick or anything, infact iv'e felt the most energetic and healthiest since I was 15...
    that's not possible. you're either grossly miscalculating, mistaking getting lean for putting on muscle, mistaking gaining strength for putting on muscle, or you're on steroids. how are you measuring calories?
    Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517083

mk78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mk78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mk78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mk78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mk78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mk78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mk78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mk78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mk78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mk78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mk78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Grats on your weight loss!

That said, I'd say you're eating too little. Even if those 700 calories are 100% protein (175g), you're still missing out on fats, which are also very important (read essential). Even carbs also have their place, but they can be 'skimped' on (imo).

700 cals, with half that coming from protein powder - I'd imagine you'd be hungry all-the-time. *shudder* I couldn't do it. Especially this time of year with discount Halloween candy -everywhere-

More to the point, a 700 calorie diet is not (or very well shouldn't be!) sustainable. Losing fat is about making little changes (500 calorie deficits) that become habit that become lifestyle.

If you haven't yet read the stickies

saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10) saylee559 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Me and you aren't that far off from height and weight. I was eating around 1400-1800 calories a day and still losing weight efficiently. How much is a lot of muscle? I suggest eating A LOT more protein and going on a low carb, that will make a big difference and improve physique. Also, dont pay too much attention to the scale, numbers will just throw you off. Pay attention to the measurements of your waist line, clothes fitment, and appearance.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-triple-digit-shred.html.

Psalm 16:8

I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With Him .at my right hand, i will not be shaken.

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by earthshieldlol View Post
    that's not possible. you're either grossly miscalculating, mistaking getting lean for putting on muscle, mistaking gaining strength for putting on muscle, or you're on steroids. how are you measuring calories?
    ^ This. Probably a combination of incorrect tracking/logging of intake, and not actually gaining LBM.

OP: See here---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973

Then, use it.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

Well my TDEE is roughly 2200 calories, and Just eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and whenever I feel like I'm hungry..

And I had to start off with 2 kg weights because anything over was too much, I could do 5 reps curls with 2 sets only a day, and I usually had to wait 2 days to recover from that. Now I can easily manage 10-12 Reps with many more sets using 10kg dumbbells. I can do push ups properly now and my partner has told me she can see that iv'e put on muscle and lost weight.

Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well my TDEE is roughly 2200 calories, and Just eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and whenever I feel like I'm hungry..

And I had to start off with 2 kg weights because anything over was too much, I could do 5 reps curls with 2 sets only a day, and I usually had to wait 2 days to recover from that. Now I can easily manage 10-12 Reps with many more sets using 10kg dumbbells. I can do push ups properly now and my partner has told me she can see that iv'e put on muscle and lost weight.
    Can you post your typical daily consumption with amounts. I want to see what 700 calories looks like. I eat that much before 9am haha

Originally Posted by Joedeeze View Post
    Can you post your typical daily consumption with amounts. I want to see what 700 calories looks like. I eat that much before 9am haha
    Well the last week Iv'e had 1 serve of Fruit Loops which is 490 kilojoules, I've then had a 30 gram serve of protein powder mixed into my Yogurt which is 505 kilojoules from the protein and 292 kilojoules from the Yogurt...

Then I had a mamee chicken snack thing before which was 343 kilojoules, then I'll have a chicken stirfry later tonight, but I'll be baking my serve. Not sure how much i'll be serving though hhahaha,

I usually have a protein shake aswell with no fat milk after my workout too :3...

libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I'll up my serving portions a bit more and see how I go, as long as I can get below 90kg by xmas and then below 80kg by the 5th of feb, that'll be great haha
    7kg is about 7 weeks strict dieting, i doubt you'll make it before xmas. And tbh losing weight at that rate is detrimental in the long run as you will lose more lbm than if you did it slower
    ** Forever Cutting Crew**

Squat: 375lbs
    Bench: 253lbs
    Deads: 485lbs

libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well the last week Iv'e had 1 serve of Fruit Loops which is 490 kilojoules, I've then had a 30 gram serve of protein powder mixed into my Yogurt which is 505 kilojoules from the protein and 292 kilojoules from the Yogurt...

Then I had a mamee chicken snack thing before which was 343 kilojoules, then I'll have a chicken stirfry later tonight, but I'll be baking my serve. Not sure how much i'll be serving though hhahaha,

I usually have a protein shake aswell with no fat milk after my workout too :3...
    sounds like more than 700 calories.

I mean i just had a pint of milk and 6 oreos as a snack and that's over 600 calories.

My protein alone comes out at over 600 cals a day.
    ** Forever Cutting Crew**

Squat: 375lbs
    Bench: 253lbs
    Deads: 485lbs

Originally Posted by libtolu View Post
    sounds like more than 700 calories.

I mean i just had a pint of milk and 6 oreos as a snack and that's over 600 calories.

My protein alone comes out at over 600 cals a day.
    Well iv'e had my stirfry, 140 grams of it. So by the time I have my shake later, i'll have had close to 700-800 calories =\

I'm not very good with this whole eating thing, Iv'e just been having food when i feel hungry and eat as much as I want until i'm not hungry which doesn't take much to do =\