ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What's the difference? What's better?

So far the past 2-3 days i've been doing a 3on/1 off sort of thing. I have no lifting experience prior to those three days and that 3on/1off routine just seemd appealing to me.

I see on this forum many people recommend things like SS or BLSS to beginners and I looked into those routines and I just don't seem to like the exercises, for me atleast I find there are only a couple exercises for different muscles (yes I know its mainly compound exercises) where as the 3on/1 off (P/L/P sort of exercise) has much more exercises to offer which train different body parts, for example, arm and chest day, there are many exercises to train them

Anyway why do people recommend BLSS,SS rather than the P/L/P? Or since I am a beginner should I stop with the P/L/P and jump on SS or BLSS?
    Last edited by ShammyHam; 12-31-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Continue with your P/L/P, its fine.
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?

DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    SS Is definitely a good starting point, it will get you used to the big compounds, and get your body used to lifting some heavy weight, something you'll have never ever done before if its your first time lifting.

Give it a go, and then move off from there would be my advice.

ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShammyHam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DarthMaulscle View Post
    SS Is definitely a good starting point, it will get you used to the big compounds, and get your body used to lifting some heavy weight, something you'll have never ever done before if its your first time lifting.

Give it a go, and then move off from there would be my advice.
    Oh, I did my first day of the P/L/P, It was not bad, not a huge pain but a little sore today considering I did bench. I was thinking bout just running the P/P/L all thruout, if I were to do BLSS for a bit, how long would I have to do it?

DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DarthMaulscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ShammyHam View Post
    Oh, I did my first day of the P/L/P, It was not bad, not a huge pain but a little sore today considering I did bench. I was thinking bout just running the P/P/L all thruout, if I were to do BLSS for a bit, how long would I have to do it?
    Without looking into it more myself, I couldn't tell you off the top of my head.

There's a flex magazine routine im currently following:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l2TOfEVjSE

This is 10 weeks, with 3 phases
    Phase 1 - 5 weeks
    Phase 2 - 3 weeks
    Phase 3 - 2 weeks

This is based off Bill Stars 5 x 5 routine.