ramzijabr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey Folks in need of a bit of help

Hey Folks

I've been training for over 2-3 years, thinking I was doing everything right. Going to the gym 5 days a week, buying all my supplements. I've lately started to come to realization. I have not reached my one goal I initially set. I have been going like I said 5 days a week. I am 23yr male, my weight is 207lbs at 6'1". My goal is to be cut enough to show lats, abs and good back and chest definition.

Mondays - 20min on bike than chest. 4 sets 10-12 reps on bench press, 4 sets 10-12 reps on decline, 4 sets 10-12 reps on incline, 4 sets 10-12 reps on cable cross overs at highest point, than centre than lowest points.
    Tuesdays - 20min on bike than back. 4 sets 10-12 reps lat pulldowns, 4 sets 10-12 reps seated cable rows, 4 sets 10-12 reps of bent over rows, 4 sets 10-12 reps dead lifts.
    Wednesdays - 20 min on bike than shoulders. 4 sets 10-12reps shoulder press, 4 sets 10-12 reps side laterals, 4 sets 10-12 reps front laterals, 4-6 sets 10-12 reps on shrugs.
    Thursdays - 20 min on bike than legs. 5 sets 10-12 reps on leg press, 4 sets 10-12 reps hamstring curls, 4 sets 10-12 reps leg extensions, 6 sets 20-30 reps seated calf raises, 6 sets 20-30 sets of standing calf raises. No squats because I cannot get the form down.
    Fridays - 20 min on bike than arms. For Biceps - 4 sets 10-12 reps wide grip easy curls, 4 sets 10-12 reps close grip easy curls, 4 sets 10-12 reps of hammers. (Have to use easy curl bar because I am partially paralyzed in my left arm/hand) For Triceps - 4 sets 10-12 reps triceps pushdown on cables, 4 sets 10-12 reps single hand reverse and regular grip triceps pulldowns, 4 sets 10-12 reps skull crushers, 4 sets 10-12 reps V-Bar pushdowns.

If I could get some help or opinions on what I should change in my routine to help me cut body fat that would be greatly appreciated. I am open too all suggestions. And BTW I am doing abs 3 - 4 days a week.

Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freshnez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's good that you're exercising and all... but you mentioned nothing about your diet.. whats it like? If there's a problem that's almost always where it lies
    D3 - Hellabadson#1537

I rep back! MEASLY

My Log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149538063

cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It is all in the diet, my friend. Put yourself into a caloric deficit and watch the lats, abs, and good back and chest definition appear.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't change your lifting routine to lose fat, you change your diet.

That said, you may consider changing your routine over to follow a proven program with a better exercise selection. What you're doing now seems aimless and random.

Hey Folks,

Thanks for all the information so far. My diet is one thing I have always been having trouble with. I don't know how many calories I should consume a month, how much protein, ect. If you guys wouldn't mind helping me out just a bit with a quick run down that would be great. for a month I was following this diet.

Breakfast - Yogurt and mixed berries
    Snack - Apple or Banana
    Lunch - Rice with ground beef and a tomato sauce, or Turkey breast sandwich with only multi grain bread and no sauces just bread and meat. Or a different kind of lunch meat.
    Snack - Apple or Banana and protein bar (syntha 6)
    Dinner - 2 pc chicken breast with 1 cup corn and 2 mashed potatoes, or Fish with 1 cup corn and sweet potato,
    Snack - Almonds or nuts or berries or veggies

iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do your cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, then come home and eat a big breakfast . most of your carbs here. eat lean meat and leafy green vegies after that,no cheat meals. be disaplined. water should be what you drink 99% of the time. and drink a lot of it. and i dont know if your a drinker, but if you are cut out the beer. also , i find weighted abs excersizes works best for me.

iballhard - thanks man. I'm drinking tons of water, about 1.5l to 2.5l daily. I quit drinking alcohol. I am going to start my cardio in the mornings, roll out of bed. Plug the ipod in and go. For weighted abs, are you saying like cable crunches, weighted regular crunches, weighted leg ups (forget the name) ect? Thanks for all the help so far guys it is appreciated.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ramzijabr View Post
    Hey Folks,
    I don't know how many calories I should consume a month, how much protein, ect. If you guys wouldn't mind helping me out just a bit with a quick run down that would be great.
    1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that goes in your pie hole.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength. Why this program? Read this.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.

BennyK87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BennyK87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BennyK87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BennyK87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BennyK87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BennyK87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BennyK87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BennyK87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Diet?

Yeah buddy it's all diet when it comes to losing fat. I would have to agree with a bunch of these guys! Definitely get a scale for all your meals. A workout you should incorporate though are sprints and interval training. These will help you burn fat, also for most people eat less carbs. I am still going through my bulking stage right now. But then come time for competition carbs are lowered in the last two weeks of my workout. To add a little more cardio to your workout themselves go lower weight and use explosive movements while keeping good form. Then go straight to a sprint after exercise great interval and fat burning work out. The hardest thing to do is balance fat loss and muscle gain because with most fat loss you lose a little muscle as well. The key is finding that balance. Hope my advice helps you! Happy Bodybuilding! Good Luck!

HammerDance45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HammerDance45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HammerDance45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HammerDance45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HammerDance45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HammerDance45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HammerDance45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HammerDance45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HammerDance45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HammerDance45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HammerDance45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ramzijabr View Post
    Hey Folks

I've been training for over 2-3 years, thinking I was doing everything right. Going to the gym 5 days a week, buying all my supplements. I've lately started to come to realization. I have not reached my one goal I initially set. I have been going like I said 5 days a week. I am 23yr male, my weight is 207lbs at 6'1". My goal is to be cut enough to show lats, abs and good back and chest definition.

Mondays - 20min on bike than chest. 4 sets 10-12 reps on bench press, 4 sets 10-12 reps on decline, 4 sets 10-12 reps on incline, 4 sets 10-12 reps on cable cross overs at highest point, than centre than lowest points.
    Tuesdays - 20min on bike than back. 4 sets 10-12 reps lat pulldowns, 4 sets 10-12 reps seated cable rows, 4 sets 10-12 reps of bent over rows, 4 sets 10-12 reps dead lifts.
    Wednesdays - 20 min on bike than shoulders. 4 sets 10-12reps shoulder press, 4 sets 10-12 reps side laterals, 4 sets 10-12 reps front laterals, 4-6 sets 10-12 reps on shrugs.
    Thursdays - 20 min on bike than legs. 5 sets 10-12 reps on leg press, 4 sets 10-12 reps hamstring curls, 4 sets 10-12 reps leg extensions, 6 sets 20-30 reps seated calf raises, 6 sets 20-30 sets of standing calf raises. No squats because I cannot get the form down.
    Fridays - 20 min on bike than arms. For Biceps - 4 sets 10-12 reps wide grip easy curls, 4 sets 10-12 reps close grip easy curls, 4 sets 10-12 reps of hammers. (Have to use easy curl bar because I am partially paralyzed in my left arm/hand) For Triceps - 4 sets 10-12 reps triceps pushdown on cables, 4 sets 10-12 reps single hand reverse and regular grip triceps pulldowns, 4 sets 10-12 reps skull crushers, 4 sets 10-12 reps V-Bar pushdowns.

If I could get some help or opinions on what I should change in my routine to help me cut body fat that would be greatly appreciated. I am open too all suggestions. And BTW I am doing abs 3 - 4 days a week.
    as mentioned its all about the diet, but i have advice for your routine too. first of all, it appears like it has too much volume at least on chest day and arms day. for chest you are doing 24 sets for potentially 288 reps. im on phat, a high volume routine and on my total reps for chest in a week is 135. you need to work in every rep range, not just in the 3-7, or 8-12, or 12+. arms you have potentially 192 reps per arm part. also... learn the proper squat form.. get somebody to go with you or find someone at the gym to spot you until you are comfortable with it. they are a must have. the last thing i will say is to do the cardio after you lift. you want to maximize your time lifting. hope this helps. good luck
    *Our Body Fat Percentage is Too Damn High Crew.. Time to Cut*
    Pitt Panthers
    Pacer Nation