iGay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lose Fat and Gain Muscle at the same time... possible?

Hey everyone.

I'm 5'7, 187 lbs. I wanna drop down to 150 lbs... but I'm not sure if going to the gym would be wasting my time, though. I would like to drop down to 150 lbs, but at the same time, build some muscle.... then bulk.

Is it possible to gain muscle while losing fat?

affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50) affine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have personally found it totally possible, contrary to what many people will say. I have _personally_ found heavy weight lifting to be the most effective form of exercise for fat loss. This has the extra benefit of increasing muscle mass and strength.

The hardest part is getting a good workout every single workout. Saturday is usually my refeed day, and getting that good workout on Thursday and Friday is extremely difficult.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is. The newer you are to lifting, the more likely it is.

Lift on a good program, not something you cobble together yourself. Get adequate protein and cut with a moderate deficit. Gains will be made.

iGay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    It is. The newer you are to lifting, the more likely it is.

Lift on a good program, not something you cobble together yourself. Get adequate protein and cut with a moderate deficit. Gains will be made.
    is All Pro's Beginner Routine recommended? I'm not exactly sure which routine I should do... don't know much about body building... was thinking either using All Pro's routine or the 12 week challenge by Kris Gethin.

iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The All Pro's Beginner Routine is really good. Three days a week is enough for your body to adapt to without risking injury and it encompasses full body which is what you want for fat loss. After you've done that for 6 months, if you feel you're ready there are some really good 4 day splits to look at then, whether it's push/pull days or splitting body parts. I started with something similar to that on machines just to get my body used to it and then moved onto a 4 day split that is mostly free weights now. Definitely have gained a lot of strength, unsure about the muscle mass though. I was probably 45% body fat when I started and in the upper 20s now.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yep, All Pro's is great. Or Starting Strength or stronglifts 5x5.

Read this.

Those sorts of programs are the best way to go if you want to make a good start for long term progress.

If you are just looking for a quick and easy intro, Gethin's program isn't too bad to at least get started. Eventually though, if you stick with it, you'll probably want to return to a strength building program.