quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Need help isolating hip area above thighs!

So I've been weight training my butt/thighs/hips extensively for about 4 months now and I've had this problem area right above my thighs (you can see in the picture I attached) that doesn't come out as far as I'd like. It's sort of like I have a second pair of hips where my thighs start and I HATE it. Drives me nuts!

My question for you guys is what machines/exercises could I use to isolate this muscle and make it grow?

I'm NOT looking to "tone down" my thighs because I love their shape and size, but rather bulk my hips out to compliment their size.

Any information or advice you can provide would be great, thanks guys!
    Attached Images

dirtyram will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirtyram will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirtyram will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirtyram will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirtyram will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirtyram will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirtyram will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirtyram will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirtyram will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirtyram will become famous soon enough. (+50) dirtyram will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First of all, be patient and don't get into the mindset of spot reduction.
    How old are you, frequency of training?
    What does you diet and exercise program look like?
    B.S. Exercise Science 11'

Bachelor of Nutrition 13'

Rock Crawler Crew: aka Spiderman

"And as things fell apart, nobody paid much attention"

quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quasaraven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dirtyram View Post
    First of all, be patient and don't get into the mindset of spot reduction.
    How old are you, frequency of training?
    What does you diet and exercise program look like?
    I'm 22, I'm in the gym at 4 times a week (can't be anymore than that because of work). I always start my routine with 20 minutes of cardio, usually stair stepper. Monday is butt and legs, (leg press, hip thrust). Tuesday lower back and abs. Wednesday arms and abs. Thursday butt, legs, hips.

I'd include a video of what I do for hips but I can't link yet. Basically I lay on my side and put a weight on my hip (90lbs) and do 12 reps 3-4 sets. It's helped but not a ton.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would begin a regimen that got more serious with the weights, and do that exclusively for a little while. The cardio can inhibit muscle progression by compromising the energy of your weight-lifting.

If you were going to follow that path, I wouldn't cut out the cardio right away. Continue as you do until you're confident with your workout program. I would also add a chest day instead of a lower-back and abs day, and do abs workouts sporadically and regularly (I wouldn't do a lower-back workout, but go ahead and post the exercises you do on this day) . Learn how to do the dead-lift variations (conventional, romanian, stiff-leg, straight-leg), and one of these exercises will help you out a lot as far as what you're asking.

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    I would begin a regimen that got more serious with the weights, and do that exclusively for a little while. The cardio can inhibit muscle progression by compromising the energy of your weight-lifting.

If you were going to follow that path, I wouldn't cut out the cardio right away. Continue as you do until you're confident with your workout program. I would also add a chest day instead of a lower-back and abs day, and do abs workouts sporadically and regularly (I wouldn't do a lower-back workout, but go ahead and post the exercises you do on this day) . Learn how to do the dead-lift variations (conventional, romanian, stiff-leg, straight-leg), and one of these exercises will help you out a lot as far as what you're asking.
    Yeah I have noticed that cardio tends to subtract from my energy lifting. I'm trying to get rid of some stomach pooch as well so cutting the cardio would suck, and I know doing it after lifting can cut into the muscle you've gained. Hmmm.

I didn't know deadlift was good for hips, I'll keep that in mind.

kidsheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidsheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidsheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidsheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidsheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidsheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidsheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidsheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidsheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidsheart will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidsheart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Two which i do occassionally for the area i think your talking about is.

I use the leg extension machine, i stand infront of the machine, facing the seat. lift the pad up slightly and put it on top of ur knee. i think do what i guess u would call a knee up if that makes sense.

Another one i find helps. is on the lying leg curl machine. You lay on it as you normally would, only lay on the back instead. hook the pad with your feet/toes. and one again pull your knees back to your chest.

Hope this helps

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any type of leg raising movement will grow that.

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Actively forcing your knees out while squatting will up the involvement of the hips (and save your knees).
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

Here's a picture of the muscle anatomy, I circled the area I'm trying to target with a black circle. Maybe this will help a little.

Thanks for all the advice so far guys.
    Attached Images

vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sumo Deadlifts